Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

going outside

23 posts in this topic

Posted

O.K. thnks to you ladies I just found more guts then I thought I had. I know its not much but I just went outside!!!

I love to wear cute short house dresses around my apt - no panties or anything else just the dress about a foot above my knees, I feel comfty and sexy at the same time.

O.K. so its 2:30 a.m. here but I just put on my wig and went to take the trash out about half a block from my front door - and then went back to my car to get some movies I'd left there - in just my dress and wig!!! I had to wait to cross the street while a neighbors car went by - GOD did I feel conspicuos but I dont care, I simply stopped and scratched my nose till they were gone - and I loved every second of it.

melissaroseq@cox.net

Posted

Every journey begins with the first step. Congratulations. :)

Posted

Good for you!

You might want to consider not going commando though. You never know when a sudden gust of wind could take you by surprise. :o

Posted

Melissa Rose, you might find out, depending on where you live, if there is going to be either a seminar or convention on cross dressing or transgender issues. They are usually held at or very near to hotels. You can dress there without having to have friends or neighbors “catch” you. My first real time out was at one. It was great I never felt self conscience at all. I’m 6-3 and even with my most passable outfits, hair, and makeup I kind of stick out, well I guess maybe at a WNBA game but, that’s about all. You should check the events section of the board or try a Google search to see if there might be one near you soon. Good luck……………………………….. B)

Posted

Dear Melisa Rose,

You are a couragous woman to go out and maybe be seen. I've never had the nerve to let any one see me. I'm now 350 and 6feet2inches. I don't look like anything but a crossdresser. So go out there and do it for us who can't.

Jena Hanson

Posted

I believe that God created Dunkin Donuts and 24 hr WALMARTS just so that we can get our first taste of going out in public. Three AM can actually be a safe time, and just as thrilling as 3 PM can be! ;) Take a friend with you, if possible.

Annie

Posted

The first time I went out in public I went to the grocery store, it was about 9pm, Jewel is open 24 hrs. No one stared and people were very polite. I was so happy grinning ear to ear the entire time. The next time I went to blokbuster at 5pm. Same thing there people were very polite and courteous.

Now its almost an everyday thing. I just kept building on the experiences.

Renee

Posted

Good for you!

You might want to consider not going commando though. You never know when a sudden gust of wind could take you by surprise. :o

Why do I see a Marilyn Monroe scene...?

Posted

Just wanted to write yesterday was my frist day out. i went shopping dressed with

my long brown hair in a ponytail. dressed in a black skirt a leotard and black boots

it was such a great feeling being out. janis

Posted

Good for you girl. Try taking a drive in the car now hon. Then try going into the thrift shops. Take baby steps.

Posted

I think I know you. ;) Welcome!

Posted

Congratulations M_R :D , the more you do it the faster you'll be accustomed to going out.

I wore my mothers clothes when I was in high school but I was never taught that I was doing anything wrong so it didn't bother me. (God bless you Mom!)

Keep up the good work ladies.

Billie Jo- what area (generally) are you from? My sister lives in Bar Harbor.

Posted

My first time out, everyone looked at me and knew i was a guy crossdressing. I guess i didn't have the right something. does it count as first time out? or does the first-time out count when you are passable.

Posted

My first real experience in public was going to Anime Expo '05 in California. Despite that half the people there were cosplaying, I still felt out of place. Everyone could tell that I wasn't a girl, but I was with my friends (from a forum I go to) pretty much the whole time, so it was a good experience in the end. I've never had that much fun in my life.

Posted

Alfred,

Going out dressed in women's clothes whether or not you pass is still going out.

Bonnie

Posted

You really can never assume too if you are 'passable' or not. I'm still relatively young and think even Im passable (and as we know, we ourselves are normally our biggest critics) but chances are, in THAT big a public setting, you WILL get odd looks from at least someone. It doesn't neccessarily mean they think you're a CD tho, I mean alot of times people stare at GGs cause they are attractive, ugly, bad hair, etc. So just be content with the attention you do get, think positive and just avoid obvious giveaways such as stubble, if wearin a wig make sure its on good, and keep a femenine body language. The last one is the hardest Id say for most TG and CDs but for me at least, it comes rather natural, Im more vice versa as in when Im in public as myself, my friends comment that I have very femenine body language and that despite my bet efforts I shake my bum when walkin

Posted

Partly that's in the walk...if in heels, do the one foot in front of the other, study the way GG's sit...never put your legs together to catch something you drop while sitting, a dress will catch that w/o you needing to do anything....

Posted

Lol I WISH it was just cause of heels! haha I never wear heels (ersonal aesthetic issue and they KILL!) but I meant despite my best efforts I like DO shake my butt when I walk, I know as a girl its not really a prob but being that Im not even out as Gender Dysphoric, let alone in transition, it tends to make people raise their eyebrows when a guy is shaking his butt when he walks :-P oh well :lol:

Posted

Congratulations M_R :D , the more you do it the faster you'll be accustomed to going out.

I wore my mothers clothes when I was in high school but I  was never taught that I was doing anything wrong so it didn't bother me. (God bless you Mom!)

Keep up the good work ladies.

Billie Jo- what area (generally) are you from? My sister lives in Bar Harbor.

Back in my motorcycle days we used to take daytrips down to Bar Harbor. Have been there many times and totally love the area. I'm from central Piscataquis county but am temporarily living and working in metro west Boston. :)

Posted

Lol I WISH it was just cause of heels! haha I never wear heels (ersonal aesthetic issue and they KILL!) but I meant despite my best efforts I like DO shake my butt when I walk, I know as a girl its not really a prob but being that Im not even out as Gender Dysphoric, let alone in transition, it tends to make people raise their eyebrows when a guy is shaking his butt when he walks :-P  oh well  :lol:

Well I suppose it has a little to do with backgrounds too. One of my African American friends asked/commented years ago "How come most of you white people don't have any butts?"

Covertly watch a few male AA's. They do put some swing in their tailgate.

It's all in the point of view. ;)

Posted

Hi girls!!

I guess walking like a girl was just something I figured I had to learn!!

Personally I found 2" heels and balancing a book on my head, actually WORKED!!

Now It's a little hard to switch back to a male walk after a night out with my girlfriends but it does come back eventually...

Back to the original topic... (I knopw! What fun am I???) Going out and about as your fem self is both scary and exciting! I know a lot of girls have had thier first outing alone! I had the fortunate experience of going to lunch with my wife and a friend, (JanetK). I still felt like the villagers would all be out with many sharpened farm implements and torches trying to track me down....

But none of that happwned!! We went to lunch, I was treated nicely by the staff, we had a great time and left afterward much calmer than when entering the restaurant.

I now go out 2-3 times a year, usually when I get to Chicago since that is the town I am comfortable with and have other girls to go out with in.

It is always a fun time!! I find that I only buy clothes for those times I am going out. It depends on what we decide to do and then I buy an appropriate outfit for the evening!

Lisa's Home Page

The 3 photo pages show what I wore out each time!! I try to get a photo of every outing, not always successful!!

The only outfit I never wore out is the blue one on Photo1. Those were rental clothes for my first makeover and I never left 'Transformations By Rori' that night.

Otherwise, try to go out with a group!! Safety in numbers!! And remember that at 2AM you are still trying to look and act like a girl so take ALL those safety precautions that you would expect your wife , mother or girlfriend to take!

It's hard to run or fight in a skirt and heels!!

Hugs to all,

Lisa Elizabeth

Posted

For months I planned my first outing. I was dresases in a black skirt and slip,and a sweater, together with my wig. At about 11:00 P. M. I decided most of my neighbors were probably asleep and would not see me walk down my walk: so I went out and walked about ten blocks. The cool breeze really felt great! Looking forward to the next time!

Posted

postscript last night I decided to try again. It was pretty cool and the feeling was great. I may have gotten caught!