New Server

22 posts in this topic

Posted

Sorry for the downtime we experienced recently. We have grown a lot and had to switch to a new server to accomodate file storage and bandwidth. We appreciate your understanding as we work out all the bugs.

Lori

Posted

I've been working out the problems with my system too!

Ever since we upgraded to a more secure program, I lost the ability to use many of the basic board functions, including all the HTML buttons. It turns out through experimentation, that this old IBM notebook I use needed upgrading from Internet Explorer 5 to IE 6.

If you're using Internet Explorer, and find that you too are unable to use all the functions available here, a simple upgrade is all you'll need to be up to speed. Here's the link to the free download:

Internet Explorer 6 - Service Pack

Annie

Posted

The only trouble I have had is with the smilies. Whenever I click on one I get a dialog that says, "A runtime error has occured. Do you wish to debug? Line: 291. Error: Object doesn't support this property or method." It's not my computer because I have a brand new Windows XP machine with IE 6.0.

I suspect that line 289 needs to be changed from:

if ( (ua_vers >= 4) && is_ie && is_win && emowindow != 'undefined' )

to:

if ( (ua_vers >= 4) && is_ie && is_win && (typeof(emowindow) != 'undefined')

&& (typeof(emowindow.location.hash) == "string") )

Posted

Absolutely no problems here.

Running Safari 2.0.4 on OSX 10.4.7... on a Mac. :)

Posted

the first day or two after the change over, i would get an error message that implied there wasn't enough memory or something. happened when i would clik on someone's username to get to their profile so i could pm or email them. but it hasn't happened since.

i notice since, however, that pages seem to load slower. but i guess that's a heck of a lot better than being without the forums all together

Posted

The problem I was encountering was not after our most recent server upgrade, but after the previous PROGRAM upgrade, a few months back. Very few functions worked for me after that. I wish I had known back then that all I needed to rectify things was to download a newer version of Internet Explorer. Live and learn! :)

Annie

Posted

I just kicked my computer and hit it with my meat Tenderizer masher mallet a few times now its working better but makes some sort of noise ...

hugs Judy :rolleyes:

Posted

I just kicked my computer and hit it with my meat Tenderizer masher mallet a few times now its working better but makes some sort of noise ...

hugs Judy :rolleyes:

That noise is it's whimpering every time it sees you coming.

Posted

:lol:

poor computer :blink:

Posted

dunno if this has happened to any of the other moderators while culling out old threads....

often when selecting for bulk moderation, choose 'delete topics' then clik on "with selected ____" then window appears: "are you sure you wish to delete these topics?" clik OK... this error message comes up:

mySQL query error: DELETE FROM ibf_posts WHERE topic_id IN(1621,1552,1467,1387,1442,1372,1330,1325)

SQL error: Incorrect key file for table 'ibf_posts'; try to repair it

SQL error code:

Date: Saturday 02nd of September 2006 09:35:22 AM

i also get a message occasionally if i open a thread and delete it using the "moderator's options" ....

mySQL query error: DELETE FROM ibf_posts WHERE topic_id=1992

SQL error code:

Date: Saturday 02nd of September 2006 09:55:09 AM

Posted

Michael,

Yes I have been seeing that "failure" message, but I've learned that its more of a false alarm than anything.

If I am deleting multiple strings, or even one, and I get that warning, what I do is hit BACKSPACE. This returns me to the previous page, where it looks like the deleted threads are still intact. But, by refreshing, its apparent they are indeed gone.

If enough topics are deleted, it is necessary to go to the OPTIONS feature at upper right of a page and select: RESYCHRONIZE FORUM. This will eliminate all the blank pages that remain behind after cleaning up that Forum.

I hope this helps you. :)

Annie

Posted

That's a real MySQL database server error---it indicates there is corruption in the database tables. Fortunately since it's just the key file that's corrupted, there is no actual data lost---it can all be reconstructed from the data file.

The admin should type "repair table ibf_posts" in the MySQL client to have the database server attempt to fix the corruption.

Posted

Sorry for the downtime we experienced recently. We have grown a lot and had to switch to a new server to accomodate file storage and bandwidth. We appreciate your understanding as we work out all the bugs.

Lori

Lori, It has been a few weeks since I have been able to get onto the chat room. Did the new server have anything to do with that? Does anybody know anything about loss of chat capability? deanna

Posted

Deanna,

I believe that TG Guide chat was recently upgraded, but it was unrelated to the bandwidth added here some months ago.

Someone else who was having problems with the chatroom switched to Internet Explorer from whatever she was using, and then was able to access it, minus the profiles. If that doesn't work for you, try downloading the latest version of Java: Download Java software

Annie

Posted

As I mentioned elsewhere, I'm having a problem viewing the General Transgender Topics forum. All of the other boards open with no problems. Any suggestions?

I hate being left out of conversation you know. ;)

Posted

Carla,

My advice is use the latest version of Internet Explorer. I know folks swear by Firefox, Netscape and others, but these non-MSN programs always seem to have quirks. I was having problems for a while accessing all my moderator functions here until I downloaded IE 6 (yes, I'm using Win 98! lol). Now everything here is working great for me.

I'm no expert at this stuff clearly, but perhaps if you are using a program other than IE and you'd prefer to stay with it, you could try deleting all cookies and temporary files as well? In any case, someone here will have the right answer!

Annie

Posted

As a web developer believe me, IE has it's quirks, too. And it's a royal pain to debug the problems it causes.

Posted

I haven't experienced any problems yet. I just love this site, I just want to thank anyone and everyone who has had anything to do with this site. Bless you all. :D

Posted

"As a web developer believe me, IE has it's quirks, too. And it's a royal pain to debug the problems it causes." -Lisbeth

i'm not a web developer...but believe me... IE SUCKS!!! :blink:

netscape. firefox. only way to go. i only use IE when i absolutely HAVE to...and that's usually only when i have to go to the MS website for info (site won't load properly or there are things you can't get to if you're using anything but IE)... billy boy has people by the coconuts when it comes to his website.

-#1 Netscape Fan ;)

Posted

I'm using IE 6.0

I did look at the service pack that was mentioned earlier in the thread, but shyed away because of the daunting time that it would take to download on a dial-up connection (speed varies, the best I ever get is 33.3). I'll take another look at it soon. Thanks!

Posted

:o did we lose everything from 19 november to 6 december???

what happened? hacker or server problems?

Posted

:o did we lose everything from 19 november to 6 december???

Woah. Just popped in here briefly to see whether everything was up and running again... and this? Props to those behind the scenes trying to fix things.