Bikinis as favorite swimwear

74 posts in this topic

Posted

Some people have expressed a preference for one piece female swimsuits, on the other hand I like bikinis a lot better. While I very seldom wear female swimsuits even at home, I have been occasionally desiring lately to go swimming wearing a bikini.

I think bikinis are more feminine and sexy than one piece swimsuits. Oh, if I only had a completely female body and a wig that would stay on when in water, I would like to go swimming and lay outside on a towel or in a chair near a pool wearing a bikini.

Posted

I agree Koreen. I love bikinis but would want a female body to wear one.

Bonnie

Posted

Bonnie,

I also want a female body or at least a largely feminized body, as a pre-op male to female transsexual to wear bikinis.

I am not the kind of person who likes to just lie in the sun and I have not gone swimming in probably about 42 or so years. Yet lately since I have been taking female hormones, I have increasingly felt a fairly strong desire to wear a bikini lying outside and going swimming wearing a bikini.

I may start occasionally wearing a bikini and pantyhose around my house, while the weather is still warm.

Posted

I love them too, hope i don't look to bad. Love Tina.xx

Posted

Bikinis are for tight, youthful bodies. That leaves me out... :(

Annie

Posted

me too...

Posted

Same here. :(

Gennee

Posted

I am very happy wearing a one piece. I really shows off my figure. But at the same time I would love to wear a bikini except for the fact that I have lost a lot of weight and my stomach is a little wrinkley after losing almost 50 pounds. I just wish I could firm up my stomach. If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix that problem I sure would appreciate it. :(

Posted

HOW???

Posted

Not sure how Jo Jo dropped the lbs but I know that if you CANNOT exercise or simply want to maximize results w/o exercise, there are two major things Ive focused on and gotten all the way down to 140-145 lbs area (and Im about 6foot tall).

#1 COUNT your calories. DON'T listen to any diet hype, the 'daily allowance' is 2000 but I disagree, Id say if you wanna stay thin, keep it closer to 1500, I myself eat between 1000-1500 calories a day. I also make sure that I only have eaten 300-500 calories before dinner, but thats because in my case, the dinners at my house are HUGE, sorta my rents way of trying to 'plup me up' I guess.

#2 is H20. Yes water. LOTS of water. Everyday before work I fill up 3 one liter aquafina water bottles with purified water and two smaller 12 oz bottles as well. I drink one on the drive in, then the rest throughout my work day. This keeps your metabolism running and will often suppress any hunger s hunger is your body craving nutrients, and while wate isnt exactly as nutritional as that chicken sandwhich and fries you WANT for lunch, it DOES keep the body going and allows you to opt for a smaller, more healthy lunch.

Its not easy, if it was easy America and many other industrialized nations would have obesity problems. You MUST work at it and yes, it is a sacrafice. It all comes down to how much is it worth to you? In the matter of a year I had gone from about 189lbs to 143lbs, all w/o any exercise outside of usual day to day activities.

Posted

That's exactly right. As always Ashley knows her stuff. You have to make sure that you eat at least 3 meals a day. Breakfast as everyone knows is the most important meal. It doesn't matter what diet you do. The key is calories. Eat 1500 a day and you will lose guaranteed. Don't waste calories on useless junk food. Eat all the good stuff. Lots of water and I try to excercise at least two or 3 times a week but even if you don't excercise, remember the magic number 1500 and no more. I started my diet last year June 22 to be exact and I set a goal for myself 140 pounds by June 22, 2007 and I'm almost there. I went from a size 16 to a size 10. I can wear an 8 if I wear a girdle to keep my loose skin from showing. But a 10 fits me nice and loose. I used two web sites to help me that are free. http://www.nutrisystem.com it keeps track of all your calories that you consume as well as calories that you burn. Then I use http://www.my-calorie-counter.com It will find calories for almost any item even resaurant foods. I was determined to lose this weight. I had pictures of girls in swimsuits with skinny stomachs, whenever I wanted to pig out I would visualize a skinny stomach. I was determined that that is what I wanted. Now I just need to know what to do about my loose skin where my fat used to be. That is why I love a one piece swim suit it hides my little wrinkles really well. Good luck girl! :rolleyes:

Posted

Only in public if I had the body for one. At least in my daydreams I can wear a bikini... and around the house when nobody is around to get traumatized!

Posted

I just read Jo jo's and Ashley's comments from May yesterday. You both have made remarkable progress in losing weight in merely about a year! Your advice about watching the calories and drinking a lot of water sounds good, especially for those of us who seldom make a special effort to get much exercise.

My main difficulty in losing weight is I like too many foods, some of which have high calories. I have not been making a major effort to lose weight this year and my weight has been stable, within about five pounds, since mid June.

You are both right about the need to really work at it to lose a lot of weight. Now if I could "just" become more self-disciplined when it comes to certain foods.

Posted

I just read Jo jo's and Ashley's comments from May yesterday. You both have made remarkable progress in losing weight in merely about a year! Your advice about watching the calories and drinking a lot of water sounds good, especially for those of us who seldom make a special effort to get much exercise.

My main difficulty in losing weight is I like too many foods, some of which have high calories. I have not been making a major effort to lose weight this year and my weight has been stable, within about five pounds, since mid June.

You are both right about the need to really work at it to lose a lot of weight. Now if I could "just" become more self-disciplined when it comes to certain foods.

Koreen,

My two cents for what it's worth... I credit it for losing about 35lbs over two years. Whenever I order something, I eat only half and save the rest for later. If still hungry, drink lots of water afterwards. Lose weight, saves money and makes for less meal preparation. Jo Jo's and Ashley's ways to lose weight are still better however.

MIWBJ

Posted

To update, I realized a tough truth and I figured since this thread is meant to 'help' with suggestion and that ugly little thing known as 'hard truth,' about losing weight and keeping it off. In may I had been introduced to the best exercise machine *ever,* the eliptical. Given, I say introduced because I was hanging out with a friend and had decided to join her at her gym for the day. I ran about 5 miles over the course of an hour and although I HATED running when I was younger (still not crazy about it) I felt good after the exercise. I had assumed I'd want to lay down and sleep or just 'veg out' but to my suprise, I was more alert and inclined to go do something else (not necessarily more exercise though.)

Around early June I saw the weight sneak back on in lil spurts. 2 lbs one week, 1 the next, then 4 the following week. I began to grow bored of the limited food selection I had and I also missed my ability to 'indulge' in foods thjat weren't necessarily healthy, so, I figured a happy medium would be to 'indulge' every once in awhile. While I wasn't really straying from my diet, I noticed even these small, infrequent indulgences were showing through in my weight. Where I was 145 lbs during my college graduation, I had now gotten back up to 170 and my body had begun to look 'filled out' again. I was far from fat, but I hated how my body looked and I missed the shape I once had. In June I had decided, I had to commit to an exercise regiment. Not for a week, not for a month, nnot even for a year, but as a lifestyle. That, sadly, is the *only* way to have it work. One reason because the lbs take a PAINFUL length of time to disapear. You will easily grow tired and bored of, and begin to HATE exercise before you even see the slightest results. Again, sorry, this is one of those 'harsh truths' that you cannot escape no matter how unfair it seems to you or me.

In my experience I began traveling to the local community center 3-4 times a week, and would run for a little over 35 minutes each day then I would use the bike machine for another 35 minutes. I saw little to no result in the first two months. I became complacent. I let life get out of hand and begain making excuses and emtpy promises to 'make up' missed exercise in exchange for more 'ejoyable' watys to spend my time. It was a hard lesson for me to learn, but the saying 'all things worth having NEVER come easy' is 110% correct, no exceptions. You will probably *never* like exercising. You may enjoy it, but you WILL have to make a consistant, concious effort to keep going with it. I wish I could say one day it becomes second nature, and some claim it does, but, I'm sorry, it 99.9% of the time, does not. Anyways, I had made excuses for missing exercise appointments with myself and when July came I saw a photo of myself in my aunts pool. Now, again, I'm by no means fat, but I was appauled by the photo. I looked like an average (not american 'average' as that tends to be chubby) man. I realized that while I may never transition, I was sick and tired of making excuses and fearing reprimand for expression of myself. I decided then and only then that the BS had to stop, I was GOING to make this work. I was GOING to get back to where I was during college.

The parents bought an eliptical I knew damn well they would never use. Not because they didn't have ambitions to do so, but I know for as hard as they work day in and day out, that any free-time they did have was sacred, and surely not going to be spent in pain by trying to make up for years of no exercise. This worked for me thought because now I had no excuse in the form of 'its not available when I have time for it.' When I began this plan of sorts, I started off slow. I would run 3-3.5 miles in 30 minutes 3 times a week. Then I realized it wasn't enough. I challenged myself to push the limit I had to to see results. I began running for 35 minutes. One day during a specifically intense workout, I hit the 4 mile mark in 35 minutes. I realized I should be running 4 miles each day, not 3. I began setting my time for 40 minutes. Since then I've been running about 2-4 days a week depending on the week, and I will say the results I have seen through diet and exercise has been minimal. The problem is though, it takes time. LOTS of time. The reason I think people become 'at peace' with being out of shape or fat is because they feel this sense of hopelessness when exercise doesn't yield results, and they just do not want to put in the time and effort required. I admit its disheartening, but now when I catch myself in a 'bad mirror day' as I call it, I feel better knowing that at least I'm doing my best to fix the situation. Before there was this underlying shame because as mad as I was, I knew it was all my own fault.

Anyways, since then, around late august I began crunches too and used the internet during downtime at work to look up nutrition facts and read up on anything to help me get to where I wanted to be. I began getting back into pilaties as part of my normal exercise paired with the running as well. Results again are slow, but noticable from the first day till now. The problem is, when you see yourself everyday, its hard to notice progression. my advice to anyone trying to lose the weight is to stop and REALLY evaluate yourself and be sure you *can* commit to this. Its not that people don't care enough or are inhierently too lazy, but it is admittedly a VERY taxing process emotionally and if you aren't strong enough to deal with it, you will absolutely lose sight of the real goal and become disheartened by the difficulty of this commitment of your life to a life-long exercise plan. Once you think you are ready, don't ease into it, don't start at the 3 foot side of the pool, march over to the deep end and dive right in. You WILL be sore. You WILL want to die. you WILL feel like you just cannot keep it up. The good news is, you *can* keep it up. Although you WILL want to die during the exercise it will not only pay off when the results *do* begin to show, but you will also *feel* better too. Exercise keeps you healthy and can only make life better for you healthwise as well.

All you need is perseverance, patience, and the 'never give up' attitude. If you have all three, no excuse can get in your way. In the end, thats all they are, excuses. I for one would rather see effort in the mirror rather than excuses. It may not be apparent, the difference of the two in the mirror for quite a long time, but, eventually, GUARENTEED it will begin to show. :)

Posted

And on the flip side, I've found that it takes plenty of time still, but I've not had a lot of troubles losing weight so far. Maybe it's all "low hanging fruit" because I'd gotten pretty chubby, but over the last year I went from about 205 up to 215 (in April), got back on the ball and am now down to about 195 (this down from an all-time high a couple of years ago of 230). I'm of course planning to go more than that, I've just had to take a break and maintain where I'm at for a little while due to other stress in my life.

Here's what I do:

- Bike to work and back a couple of times a week... ~11 miles a day with some moderate hills

- Ditch the heavy breakfast food like bacon and pancakes, and stick to cereal with <=1% milk and/or non-fat yogurt

- Pick something for lunch that doesn't have massive fat and sugar but is still tasty, like say a teriyaki chicken sub, and throw in a cookie or something to make the sweet tooth happy

- Ditto on the dinner, just don't overdo it on the fat or sugar, and eat at least 3 hours before sleep

- Stop snacking in between meals, and replace any I catch myself doing with sugar free gum (good for teeth too :))

- Occasionally go on a hike or walk, replace a short car ride with a walk when possible, etc...

That's about it so far. We'll see if I have to start getting crazy on the next leg of this.

Oh and I nearly forgot what's probably the most important part: a digital scale and a spreadsheet with weekly averages of fat% and weight. It's amazing what sort of a momentum effect it has on you when you can see your weight going up and down as you do good/bad things.

Posted

I agree on the bikinis, actually a lady that I serve as her c.s. little slut has told me that I have beautiful nautural hair and that I should just let it grow long, and forget the wig.

I may be doing that for next summer's swim season, that way I won't have to worry about the wig falling off, and since I have lost 28 pounds in three months time, my body is shaping up to be quite feminine.

oh, in case anyone is curious, here's my diet:

1. breakfast - special k and soy milk

2. lunch - salad

3. dinner - lean cuisine

that's it, I cut out all snacking, no more sodas either. .

now, I just need a few more situps to flatten my tummy for bikin season. .

tgirl Bobbie Jo

Posted

definitely agree on the calories and water, I drink several glasses of water each and every day.

I probably have slightly less than 1500 calories each and every day

special K and soy milk

salad

lean cuisine

down 28 pounds in three months

now to firm up my tummy with some situps

tgirl Bobbie Jo

Posted

I had little or no problem with being overweight when I was in my twenties and thirties. Actually I was noticeably underweight during most of those years. I did not try to eat nutritionally balanced meals and only occasionally had any significant exercise in the form of going for a long walk or hike.

During my forties I began to gain a lot of weight, I think a lot had to do with changing metabolism. Ironically, I have been eating overall more healthy over about the last ten years, but have weighed more than ever during much of this time period. I reached a high of a little over 210 earlier this year and now I am about 200.

I would like to lose about fifteen to twenty pounds to attain a BMI of about 25 or 26. I would like to lose the weight gradually and not put it back on later, as most Americans apparently do.

Eating certain food is one of life's great pleasures, in my opinion, so I do not intend to overly deprive myself. I think balance is a key, at least in achieving my goals.

Posted

I feel that I live rather healthily. I eat very little red meat, and don't drink pop or coffee, and like a lot of vegetables and organic foods. I also rarely have fast food and like to cook nice dinners or go out for sushi/sashimi. My diet is quite the opposite of what my parents always fed me, but I do eat a lot though and I enjoy it all! :)

Besides that I walk to and from work each day, and go home for lunches (about 4 km total). The only real exercise I get is from dancing or playing DDR (Dance Dance Revolution), and I find it to be very fun. I used to be a sprinter, but am not so much interested in running these days.

Truth be told though, I am really light for my height. My family is relatively small but my sister and I are both especially so. If you look at my BMI, it hovers around 16... (5'10.5" / 115ish lbs / 34"-25"-31")

Unfortunately BMI is not a good indicator of health.

I guess it all means that there will be no modeling bikinis in Madrid for me! :P (yay I actually kinda tied it back into the topic!)

hmm... all this thinking of food has made me hungry again...

Posted

For actual swimming I prefer a one-piece bathing suit. I have a black racer-back suit that I like a lot. The cut tends to work in favor of my body shape rather than against it. The black color also makes me appear a little slimmer than I actually am. B)

I have a couple of bikinis too, but they are not flattering at all. I only wear them when I lay out to get some sun--and only when no one else is around. :ph34r:

Posted

Bikinis are for tight, youthful bodies. That leaves me out... :(

Annie

You got that right.

Gennee

:)

Posted

I have tried on several of my wife's old bikinis and they do fit. So I guess I could wear a bikini outside but I like the patterns and body enhancement of some of the full suits. I have a fairly slim waist but would likely need to go back on hormones to soften me up more to allow a bikini to really look good on me. I have only worn a women's bathing suit once at a public swimming pool and it was an older style women's Speedo.

Posted

I have tried on several of my wife's old bikinis and they do fit. So I guess I could wear a bikini outside but I like the patterns and body enhancement of some of the full suits. I have a fairly slim waist but would likely need to go back on hormones to soften me up more to allow a bikini to really look good on me. I have only worn a women's bathing suit once at a public swimming pool and it was an older style women's Speedo.

I am looking to get a couple of new bikinis in a few days. Then I will post some new photos with me wearing them. Dawn