Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Message Forum Software Update

8 posts in this topic

Posted

We did a major system update on 12/23/06. You may notice a few changes here and there, but everything should be fairly stable. You may want to check your profiles and perform minor updates, but most profile information was carried over to the new software.

This is probably a good time to make update your profiles anyway. We have some cool features that allow you to upload your own personal avatars, personal photos, web pages and any personal information you wish to provide. It is a great way to get to know each other better and to make new friends.

Posted

How does the "My Friends" feature work?

Bonnie

Posted

I think part of what Bonnie is asking is, "Now that you have listed people as 'friends,' what does that allow you to do?"

I don't know the answer to that. I guess we'll figure it out as we go.

Posted

Thank you Lori and Lisbeth,

I read the link and from what I understand it is a place to keep track of those you talk to more and who may have similar interests. Since we may talk to a lot of people here and on various other message boards it can get difficult to remember who's who.

Bonnie

Posted

Exactly - it is social networking. You can keep track of your friends more easily. You can also review your friend's list of friends to meet more people who may share common interests.

Posted

Umm, sry for this being a little off topic...

But, could you look for a mod that would make the "New Private Message" more apparent when you log in? I just today saw that I have a new message from November that I'd never noticed because the "New Messages" text is small and un-obvious.

Posted

Natalie,

Whenever you receive a private message, you are automatically sent a notification email. If you aren't using the same email address that you opened your account with, perhaps there is a way to update your info on your profile page, and give the new address. If you are still using the same addy, then try adding webmaster@tgguide.com to your address book and safe list.

Annie