Change
VISITORS: Your access to view photos and site information is limited as a guest.
Click here to join now

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Gennee : (22 October 2014 - 08:05 AM) Happy Birthday, Daneela!   :D
AVPerry : (22 October 2014 - 05:46 AM) I just posted in Transgender Television & Movies, check it out :) Stay Blessed!
UsernameOpti... : (21 October 2014 - 12:11 PM) Happy Birthday to Daneela
Bonnie : (21 October 2014 - 11:25 AM) Should be good now, Dawn
Dawn13 : (20 October 2014 - 11:45 AM) Bonnie - I cannot message you
Bonnie : (20 October 2014 - 11:43 AM) Hi all you new people! Welcome!  I hope we can help in whatever way you need.
Chloe4230 : (20 October 2014 - 10:06 AM) New to the site. Hi all.
TJDavies : (20 October 2014 - 08:15 AM) I GOT MY NEW BINDERRRR :D
AVPerry : (20 October 2014 - 01:03 AM) I just updated my posted in Trans Books and Print Media..check it out! Stay Blessed x
AmberShock : (19 October 2014 - 03:38 PM) Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, can't wait to explore and make some new friends.
AVPerry : (19 October 2014 - 01:31 PM) I just posted in Trans Books and Print Media..check it out! Stay Blessed x
sarah1 : (19 October 2014 - 12:20 PM) hi
GypsyMen : (19 October 2014 - 12:17 AM) Hello hello.. New here happy to meet you all
AVPerry : (18 October 2014 - 03:49 PM) Add me, I want to reach out to transgender people all round the world
CharityLynnC... : (18 October 2014 - 02:10 PM) *points to her topic in transgender care*
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 08:17 PM) Again Thanks Monica - I have a new FB account and a new e-mail where I can be free.
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 05:41 PM) Thanks - Monica
MonicaPz : (16 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) The safest way to set up two FB accounts is to have two e-mail addresses (one Dawn, the other your male name), two snail mail addresses (Dawn would have a P.O. Box, your male self, street address, etc.  Keep ALL information TOTALLY DIFFERENT between the two FB accounts.
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 07:14 AM) Can anyone direct me to a good set of info on how to set up a second FB account using Dawn as my site name.  Regretfully, I still have to live two lives and do not wish to have FB join the two of them.  Maybe this is impossible.
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 05:59 AM) Please send me mail - plenty of room in my mailbox now!

Marriage Oath In Ohio County Asks If Person Is Transsexual

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Shannon

Shannon

Senior Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,029 posts
More asinine trans/homophobic marriage legislation.   :angry:

Marriage Oath In Ohio County Asks If Person Is Transsexual
ƃuoɹʍ llɐ ʇno əɯɐɔ ʇɐɥʇ

Guest_JenniferM_*

Guest_JenniferM_*
  • Guests

Under Ohio law a person's birth gender is the only one considered legal. It does not bar transsexuals from marrying but means that a male to female transsexual can only marry a woman.
I wonder how many M2F lesbians have exploited this!

Guest_ElenaHere_*

Guest_ElenaHere_*
  • Guests

Guest_Lisbeth_*

Guest_Lisbeth_*
  • Guests

View PostElenaHere, on Dec 28 2006, 10:35 AM, said:

That's something I worry about. If I change legal gender, will my marriage be invalidated? Will my wife lose her right to my life insurance, health insurance, home, assets, and inheritence if I die?

The law isn't settled on this right? It hasn't been tested?
No, it hasn't been tested.  But I don't anticipate a test any time soon.  For now you can assume that if you were legally married before DOMA was passed that your marriage will continue to be legal.

The milestone court case will be on the legality of DOMA (Defense of Marriage Act).  You see, up to the point DOMA became law, states practiced reciprosity.  If your marriage was legal in state A, it was legal anywhere.  That is common law that has been in existance for more than a thousand years.  DOMA took that away.  At some point DOMA will be challenged and overturned by the Supreme Court.  But for that challenge to be certain of success, the couple challenging it will have to be a heterosexual couple, legally married in state A and denied marriage rights in state B.  Given time it will happen unless DOMA is repealed first.

A married couple with a transsexual partner could be that couple.  But the opponents of gay marriage know the possible consequences of such a case, so they will do whatever they can to avoid it going to trial.  For now, your marriage should be safe.

Guest_LilyGrendollyn_*

Guest_LilyGrendollyn_*
  • Guests
I would love to get married to my future life partner and that Loop hole for MTF lesbians sounds great for me, but I can't support it. We need equality for all. Is that even constitutional? Any idea when someone will challenge DOMA?

Guest_CoryMike_*

Guest_CoryMike_*
  • Guests
Perhaps I am oversimplefying here, but if say an FtM goes to all the trouble to get all the legal name/gender marker changes and was born in a state that issues a brand new birth certificate rather than an amended one, short of madatory genetic testing how would another state know what your actual birth gender was?

Guest_JohnLogan_*

Guest_JohnLogan_*
  • Guests
:blink: I read some sort of legal marrage site someplace, not to long ago, and it pointed out that an FtM can not be denied to marry another women. As long as their identity proves that the gender is male. That reminded me, I need to find that web page again, and when I do I'll post it up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users