Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MOVIE POLL (Part 2)

Pick your favorite CD movie, or name one!   27 votes

1. 1. Pick your favorite CD movie, or name one!

• Adventures Of Priscilla, Queen Of The Desert (1994)
    • Birdcage (1996)
    • Ed Wood (1994)
    • Mrs. Doubtfire (1993)
    • Shakespeare In Love (1998)
    • Some Like It Hot (1959)
    • Tootsie (1982)
    • To Wong Fu, Thanks For Everything, Julie Newmar (1995)
    • White Chicks (2004)
    • Yentl (1983)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello all!

The poll above contains only ten titles of the incredible number of films that either have crossdressing as a main theme, a crossdressing character, or a CDing actor playing their role "straight".

If your favorite is not there, please tell us what it is?

The above poll was compiled in part from this remarkable source:

TG Video & Film Directory

Annie

PS-- Part 1 of this poll may be found on the main TS Forum. Check it out!

Posted

Nurg! I love the Birdcage and Mrs. Doubtfire. Robin Williams is one of the funniest men alive.

But I posted for Yentl, because I loved that movie too.

Cute little boy. You know what I love? Shakespere's "Twelfth Night." 'Twas made into a movie too.

I liked Shakespere in love too.

I didn't even see White Chicks and I don't want to.

I forgot! Some like it hot is great too.

Posted

i'm a fan of Priscilla queen of the desert, one because it's an aussie film,

and two, it is really funny.(Aussie humor)

switch was also a funny movie, however is more TS that CD still good one though.

I haven't laughed so hard in my life, say what you like, i thought white chicks was hilarious

Posted

Hi Aiden!

Thanks for your comments. I must admit, I haven't seen Twelfth Night, but I should. I voted for Shakespeare In Love.

Theatrical CDing was a way of life back then, wasn't it?

Rachel,

Welome to the Forums, sis!

Thanks for voting. I agree with you. Priscilla is a funny movie.

Annie

PS-- Again everyone, if your favorite movie is not on the short list, please post here so we know which one it is. Thanks!

Posted

Tootsie and Mrs Doubtfire were two that I enjoyed. :)

Posted

I liked 'To Wong Foo', Patrick Swayze looked really good in a dress but John Leguizamo was the best.

Tootsie and Mrs. Doubtfire were fun to watch.

Some Like It Hot has been a longtime favourite of mine. I think it was the first movie I ever saw where men dressed as women. I fantasized about it a lot. I really loved Marilyn Monroe in this one too. She was so gorgeous, I wanted be her.

I saw another movie about 10-15 years ago but can't remember the name of it. It's about a married man who would crossdress when his wife would go out of town on business. He also worked in an office and wile his was was gone he would wear panties and pantyhose under his business suit. This particular time his wife had been out of town for a few days and wasn't due back until the next day so he had washed all his lingerie and hung it to dry while he was at the office. His secretary told him that his wife had called and that she was back early and was on her way home from the airport. He rushed out of the office and tried to make it home before her but didn't. He found the clothes on the front yard and the door locked. She thought he had been cheating on her and these were his mistresses clothes. He ended up having to find a room to rent and while there would sneak out at night dressed as his alter ego. The young woman who lived there would occasionally see a woman sneaking into his room in the early mornings and thought he was seeing someone. She mentioned it to him and he later admitted his situation. She was intrigued rather than repelled. They ended up having a relationship.

Does anyone recognize this movie and know the name of it?

Bonnie

Posted

Bonnie,

I don't know the name of the movie, but if that same situation had happened to me, I probably wouldn't be Annie right now. Never did find that accepting gal who would allow me the freedom of expression necessary to balance two lives.

Had I only... who knows?

Annie

Posted

The name of the movie is "Just Like a Woman", starring Julie Walters and Adrian Pasdar.

Bonnie

Posted

I saw a really good movie lately called Girls Will Be Girls. There wasn't a single woman in the cast. Hilarious movie.

Posted

I'm not quite sure why the crying game was left out of the poll, but I think I remember it being a good movie with a good twist.

Personally I like Ed Wood and his weakness for Angora sweaters hehe.

Patricia

Posted

Patricia,

Part One of The Movie Poll is located on the TS Forums. There, you will find The Crying Game, among other TS relevant films.

Annie

Posted

hey, cool polls!! i voted for white chicks here..... the movie itself was so so but the part where the big, tough looking black guy was singing that hokey song to the "white chick" in the car..... OMG..... i thought i was gonna piss myself..... funnyest thing i seen in a while..... lol...... my sence of humor tends to be on the sick side tho...... so im told.... :blink:

on the other poll i went with boys dont cry....... THAT was a truely awesome film which had a strong effect on me and could be creddited with starting me on this path...

later, kel

Posted

I saw one movie that didn't make the poll earlier this afternoon. It's called Nuns On The Run, with Eric Idle (from Monty Python) and Robbie Coltrane. Not only do they play the oddest Catholic sisters ever, but the two appear briefly as hospital nurses and flight attendants. A really silly film from around 1990.

Annie

Posted

Hi!

Theirs alot of good ones out there.I liked Tootsie and Mrs Doubtfire.Some of those posted I haven't seen.I voted for Mrs Doubtfire though.Does everybody remember Tom Hanks in the tv show Bosom buddies before he did movies?That was a good show.

Sincerely,

Dee

Posted

Unfortunately I haven't seen many CD movies, as I don't watch many movies. Though I play a lot of video games which end up having CD moments(Miss Cloud anyone? :lol: ). However, I hated white chicks, I didn't even watch it. It just looked like something I'd hate. Guess it's a matter of opinion though.

mscloud25zc.th.gif

^_^

Posted

Hi!

Theirs alot of good ones out there.I liked Tootsie and Mrs Doubtfire.Some of those posted I haven't seen.I voted for Mrs Doubtfire though.Does everybody remember Tom Hanks in the tv show Bosom buddies before he did movies?That was a good show.

Sincerely,

Dee

I remember Bosom Budddies. Does anybody remember an really old segment of Fathers knows best where Bud got dressed up as a girl for some reason. Unfortunately often CD's are portrayed in the media as homicidial maniacs or something like that. And Jerry Springer and the most of other the talk shows makes us out to be wackos.

Yours Terri

Posted

The first time I dressed in front of my mother after coming out Mrs. Doubtfire just happened to be on television. :lol:

Most of these movies are pretty excellent so I don't think I can really chose a favorite, but I voted for "Some Like it Hot" because I thought it was hilarious how one of the guys got totally caught up in being a woman and ran off to get married to a man at the end. I suppose the only one I could scratch off the list right away would be "White Chicks".

Posted

Tom Hanks in Bosom Buddies-- an unlikely guy to pass, no? I think that was the comic element of that series-- no one ever caught on to the deception, in spite of his obvious appearance.

Over the years, many famous actors have appeared in drag in films. One unlikely guy that comes to mind is Sylvester Stallone, who appears in a dress two different times in an action movie called NIGHT HAWKS.

Other actors who have cinematically crossdressed include: Charlie Chaplin, Al Pacino, Dustin Hoffman, Tim Curry, Cary Grant, Michael Caine, Jack Benny, William Hurt and Jerry Lewis, to name a few.

Here is a great list of movies (with links) that include in them some element of transgenderism:

Transgender Video / Movie & Reviews Directory

Annie

Posted

as i wrote in the tg form of this poll party monster was a great movie with marilyn manson seth green and the dude who played in home alone

Posted

*aahemm* Why is Rocky Horror Picture Show not on that list of movies? Thats the first movie that comes to mind when someone says crossdressing and movie in the same sentence. And it's such a classic too...

Posted

If you look at my first post on page one of this string, you'll see I that invited folks to post their favorite CD movie here, if it wasn't on the list. I didn't put Rocky Horror on the poll cuz I didn't think of it when drawing the poll up. :)

This way at least you get a chance to express what you like best!

Annie

Posted

hehe, well, i say i like Rocky Horror the best :P

Anyone else with me?

Posted

I have only seen three of these movies. "Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert" is my favorite of the three as a crossdressing film because the main featured characters play individuals who are transgendered as a lifestyle, not as in "Some Like it Hot" and "Tootsie," two of my favorite movies, where the crossdressers are dressing and living as females only temporarily.

Posted

Here is one noone mentioned. "Just One of the Guys" female to male crossdressing instead of male to female but a funny movie seeing a girl pretending to be a guy to prove a point while dating a guy having a girl fall for her as a guy and liking another guy who thinks of her as a male friend.

Posted

I'm not sure if this film qualifies to be listed here, but maybe the character might have resonated with some guys. Anyway... late yesterday afternoon, I happened to catch part of a 2005 documentary on Greta Garbo. What actually caught my attention were some comments about Garbo's sexuality, and a 1933 movie called "Queen Christina," a movie apparently based somewhat on the life of the 17th century Swedish Queen (which I realized later that I had seen many years ago).

Six year old Christina has been raised as a boy, and is crowned King after her father is killed on the battlefield. She continues to dress in men's clothing until she falls in love with a Spaniard who is unaware upon thier first meeting that she is the Queen of Sweden, or that she is even a woman.

While I enjoyed the movie (again),

..........1. because I like old movies,

..........2. and because Greta Garbo is about as sexy as they come,

..........3. and because sometimes, B&W is the only way to do movies,

I don't think I ever got into Garbo's character playing the part of a man - it didn't satisfy my fantasies back then, or now, of being recognized as male.

I think it's because, while "Christina" was raised the way one would have raised a boy in those days, she wasn't a boy, so I didn't really fantasize about the character. Seeing the movie again, the feelings are the same, except now, I can add that it's because the character had no gender issues. I think the only thing I was envious of, was that she was raised as a boy. Additionally, and I'm sure it's because of the era during which the film was made, Garbo was made-up so that there was no mistaking to the movie-goer that the character in the muskateer-like clothing was indeed a woman. Of course in the movie, she was consistently mistaken as a man by those who did not know her. But because she looked like a woman...I could not see myself in her role.

It could also be because I never considered myself a cross-dresser, and all of the movie/television characters that I fantisized about being were men - not women dressed as men.

Christina, Queen of Sweden

Queen Christina (the film)