Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

standing to pee

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi guys; I've been thinking of getting/making some kind of stand-to-pee device. Does anyone know any devices/methods that aren't hugely expensive or conspicious? Any recommendations/advice would be awesome.

Thanks,

Lysander

Posted

Back when my SO and I started doing some backpacking trips, I jokingly suggested to her that I could build something to help her with going along the trail. Turns out there actually are such things, I saw one at an REI! I can't remember what it's called now or if it would even remotely be helpful for you but I thought I'd mention it.

If I'm back over there any time soon (I should be, I have a divdend to spend :)) I'll see if I can figure out what it was.

Posted

the item you are talking about, aylwin, is called "the fud," made by RIE. i've never heard anything about this item - good or bad. frankly...you're the first person i've ever heard mention it.

the fud appears to be the same as the "freshette," however, i believe lysander is looking more for something similar to the mango, but not as costly. at this time, i don't know of any STP prosthetic that can be had for under $65. items like the fud and the freshette run about $20 (before S&H).

if one is not looking specifically for a prosthetic which doubles as a STP, there is also an item called the "whiz." i'm not quite convinced this little jewel really works...but testimonies say it does.

at dub's website, there are a few other non-prosthetic STP devices including some DIYs.

personally...i don't much care for the mango anymore. it's tiny, stiff and in my opinion...a quite unnatural PINK colour. the 3.5 inch packy from Early to Bed is soft, well shaped and the balls are more natural looking than on some other products. i use a heated screwdriver to run a channel thru the shaft to fit the same tubing used in the mango (with care, this tubing will last for quite some time. so far, i've found no place to get this tubing except from mango).

some of you may think that 3.5 inches is not a whole lot. but keep in mind in most cases, the balls on larger packys and other prosthetics are quite small, and on average the flacid penis is only 2 to 4 inches. once in place, the 3.5er makes a natural looking package.

-michael

Posted

I know this topic was started back in July and Lysander has probably already purchased a STP, but I thought I would include something I found anyway!

I know at Transitional Male Nick has a STP device that is said to work pretty well. Users report liking it even more than The Mango? So if you are possibly interested in that! It is currently $47 plus s&h [which is normally about $5 I think].

Posted

Sorry for this irreverant and possibly irrelevant contribution :) but just the other day my wife and I were at a Barnes and Noble and noticed a book called "How to Pee Standing Up" (if you search bn.com you'll find it). I had to look inside and sure enough.. there's a pretty thorough description of how someone with female anatomy could do it, with no prosthetics. It's like... one page... out of the whole book, so I doubt it's worth buying it for, but if you happen to be in a B&N it might be worth looking at for a laugh if nothing else.

(My wife said she thought it might work but refuses to ever try it for fear of failure...)

Posted

There's also a famous website called Girls Standing To Pee. But it ain't the same, really. They end up urinating on their fingers. Guys don't want to do that. (Sorry to impose on this highly personal topic, men).

Annie

Posted

i had been trying to find a way to word that :P ...thanks annie.

i'd be willing to bet that the book aylwin mentioned, How to Pee Standing Up, probably contains the same information/method as websites such as annie mentioned.

when i first encountered sites several years ago featuring STP devices, they were primarily aimed toward female hikers/campers, women caught in situations where being able to urinate without having to damn near undress would be more convenient, women AND men confined to wheelchairs, and as a sanitary method fore women in not so sanitary conditions. the devices were usually billed as an occasional aid. now, the number of contraptions used to accomplish the deed upright seems to have increased over the years.

however...information found on sites describing how to pee WITHOUT any kind of STP seems to be directed at women who's attitudes are, "anything you (male) can do, i (female) can do too (or better)." some even think it's "cool" to do and all the rage - especially teenaged girls.

additionally, the average female anatomy will not allow the deviceless method unless pants and underwear are lowered quit a bit. the urine stream usually cannot be adequately pointed DOWN for unrinating in a *urinal and especially a toilette. because the stream can be quite forceful, quite often wild, and exits at an almost 90 degree angle to the body, about the best place to practice this method would be in the woods!

what i don't like about [non-prosthetic type] STPs is... whatta ya do with it when yer done peeing??? i suppose you could just wad up the disposable ones and casually toss it in a trash can on the way to the sink to wash your hands. but how would you explain -in a men's room- washing off an STP? :unsure:

*a woman could pee at a urinal (providing it wasn't the "bowl" type) employing this method, but considering the stream would probably be hitting the back, upright portion of the urinal...there would surely be a lotta stuff coming back at her.

-michael

Posted

Doh.. I think I'm showing my ignorance here. :blink: (My epidermis is showing? :lol: ) Like Annie said, sorry for butting in on this very personal topic!

Posted

Hi guys; I've been thinking of getting/making some kind of stand-to-pee device. Does anyone know any devices/methods that aren't hugely expensive or conspicious? Any recommendations/advice would be awesome.

Thanks,

Lysander

A few years ago when I was in the Netherlands, there was a programme on TV about a woman who had made a simple plastified cardboard device for peeing standing up. The thing was called "Plastuit" in Dutch and went into production to be sold at phamacies. She demonstrated the thing on TV and it worked fine. So there are people obviously working on these things, this particular device was for girls who didn't want to sit down on toiletseats in public.