Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cross Dressing Guide

18 posts in this topic

Posted

I recently did an interview with Jamie Young, author of The World's Best Cross Dressing Guide. I met Jamie after a friend told me about her guide. We quickly became friendly and I arranged this interview so we could get to know her better and learn more about her e-book. In the interview Jamie tells what it's like for her to be able to go out and experience life as an ordinary albeit beautiful woman.

Read the interview online at http://www.tgguide.com/crossdressing-guide.htm

jamie-2.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Interesting.. has anyone here had any experience with these books?

Posted

Yes I have the book. I got it about a year ago and liked it. I still use it sometimes. I read it and then went back and studied some parts alot more. I pass pretty good now anywhere I go. The parts about how to create a feminine face, cover facial shadows and apply make up were good for me. I also liked the clothing section and sizes for crossdressers. I like to be sexy but i dont want to be read every time I go out so this was good info. Now I pass just about anywhere I go and I'm able to go out at least a couple times a week.

I still have a little problem with voice so I'm going over that now and working on it. Its a big book about 175 pages and well organized.

I think it was worth it for me. I'd probably still be stayig home on the weekends crossdressed in my house if i hadn't found this book so I think its definately worth it for me. I dont look as good as Jamie but I get my share of admiring glances from guys and jealous looks from some women.

Dana

Posted

Aloha Dana! Ahh I'd rather be in Hawai`i right now... :)

Thanks for the comments. Perhaps I'll take a look at the book... it sounds like it has some really interesting info in a few areas that I haven't really been able to find much useful about online. Ditto, I doubt I'd look anywhere near as good as Jamie (who would, without some seriously lucky genetics?) but I bet I can still make use of it, especially since there's no HRT for me for several more months at least.

Posted

Thanks Dana. This is good to hear since TGGuide is now affiliated with Jamie's guide. I thought it had a great deal of information, particularly for those planning to go en femme in public. It's great to hear another opinion. My only criticism was the title "World's Best Cross Dressing Guide." The guide is equally useful for those who are considering transition - perhaps even more so. My concern was that the title might alienate those who identify as transsexuals rather than crossdressers. When you read the guide it becomes apparent that it is written for everyone in the transgender community who may need to develop a convincing feminine persona.

1 person likes this

Posted

Would this e-book be worth buying? I'm not exactly content with how i look en femme and i'm not good at make-up at all. For transsexuals in general would any of you who have this book say it's worth getting to help someone like me build confidence and get on their feet?

Thanks

Briana

Posted

BrianaG, I am planning to buy it some time soon so I will post my own "unbiased" review once I've read through it. I'm a TS, not a CD, so that will be the eye I give it.

Posted

I bought the guide and its probably the best buy i ever made. I tried the makeup section and it helps alot. Im going to go in public next weekend after i do a little more work. I like it.

Posted

Ok, I finally got this recently. Verrrry verry interesting. :) A lot of the info in here is stuff I probably will not make use of unless I just want to do something special. For example I am just not a makeup type of person in general. (Me and my wife share a great deal in this category actually. She hates the stuff and will often refuse to do/use something if it smacks of makeup. :) I'm not quite so set, but even if I was born female I probably wouldn't care overly much for the stuff.)

Some of the pictures there are very, very impressive though. I think anyone who is not opposed to makeup in general should take a close look at this because it lays it all out very nicely in a way that few guides I've read ever do. Most people just assume that if you're a woman you know makeup and that's that. This doesn't. This could probably even help my wife since she has little clue with it. ;)

There is good info on general skin care that most people born male could use. I know that I, for one, was raised up by my dad to use bar soap on both my hair and my face. :rolleyes: Yeah, I haven't done that for a long time, but I didn't even realize there was a better way until I was in my teens. Is that some kind of child abuse? Heh.

The clothes section is quite a bit more interesting. Again targetted at a different type of person than me, I think, but there is a lot of really good info in here about using your body to your advantage, and how to draw eyes away from the parts that don't work to your advantage. This is an important skill for anyone really, but of course men are not taught how to do this in women's clothes generally. :rolleyes: So this is really good. I am planning to make use of some of the tips in here.

I was fascinated to read the very in depth description of "proper" tucking. As .. unrefined .. as it would be, I would've appreciated a diagram here. :lol:

I found a lot of the info in the sections about "behaviors" to be comical bordering on insulting (not Jamie's fault, she's just telling it like it is), but I can't find fault with any of it if you want to appear feminine. Again some very useful subtle tips in here that can be applied by anyone, even someone who doesn't want to appear overbearingly feminine, just averagely female.

I was disturbed all over again, as I always am when reading these types of things, how many of the "stop doing this manly behavior, do this other behavior that women tend to do" types of things I already do naturally. This is really fascinating actually and it helps me a lot to understand why people tend to be uncomfortable around me when I'm in guy mode. I'm just not a guy, it would actually take me an FtM guide to do it properly, probably. :lol: This will probably actually help me in reverse during these in-between times... if there's ever a situation where I'm identified as male and must act that way or be in trouble, this gives me some useful tips on it.

The "bonus" materials are nice, but nothing you can't find by using Google and doing some research. If one doesn't have the time or inclination to do the research I think these things are very nice icing on the cake. The "resource guide" is perhaps more than just icing but I admit I haven't had much of a chance to look through it yet.

So I guess my overall impression is that I can only make use of about half the material at the moment, but that half is pretty good. It is aimed at making you feminine rather than female (IMO) but it is still useful even if just being feminine isn't your goal. The other half, I may have uses for from time to time if there's some special occasion when I want to go all out and see what I can do. Other than that I am patiently doing electrolysis and waiting for HRT.

Posted

Thank you Admin for the interview and all the background info on Jamie and her ebook. I was lurking quite awhile and saw your interview and I was thinking I might get it. I broke down and bought the ebook a couple days ago mostly cause of the comments here. Yes, I think its a great book for newbies but I still think it is good for all of us. I don't consider myself a crossdresser but thats ok. You can see mistakes your making and learn new things. I think she did a real good job of covering all the bases. Also the other books that came with it were good, especially the voice part. I wish it was a little cheaper but thats ok, its not to bad. After going through it Im glad I got it.

Kisses

Jody Lynn

Posted

This is one of the most essential books ever written for transgender people. I have it and still read it when I have a chance. I always pick up something I missed before. I'm transitioning and felt lost about how to deal with all the changes I had to make to be successful. I'm passing now and enjoying life as a woman. I didn't think that was possible but it is and it feels great to finally be myself. Jamie did a great job of writing a practical guide that is easy to follow. I also recommend The Transsexual's Survival Guide by JoAnn Altman Stringer, another great source of info.

Posted

i almost didn't get it because of the cost but I'm glad I did. A girl has to have money for clothes u know. The guide is real good tho and covers it all. Ive been passing everywhere as far as i know. Its fun to get out and just be a girl. Getting out and just being acepted is good but i even get compliments and the ocasional wolf call. ;) Thank you Jamie.

Posted

Help! Help! Help! :(:(:(

Is there anyone who can help me link up with Jamie on getting another copy of her book after my computer ate it? I have tried to contact her through her book links and I have not gotten a reply yet. Don't think I am getting through. I still have the order number and can provide additional details. What I was able to see (The one time I was able to see it) of the book/added book was that it had a lot of good links that do not remember ever seeing before. These I wanted to review later in greater detail.

My basic message to her:

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Hello Jamie,

I just had a hard drive crash and I lost your books that I had just paid for and downloaded on 7 Jan 2010, because the person fixing my computer deleted most of my files including those containing the books when he was working on my computer; to my extreme dismay. I only got to see part of the book/s before this occurred. I have looked in my back-up computer files but because I purchased the book after 2 Jan (My last complete back-up on my computer) I did not have it backed up. This whole computer thing is actually quite complicated but as of now I do not even have access to your linking document/e-mail that you provided me. I fear I have lost all of my e-mail files for good. Please provide me another link to your book/s.

Also, if you get a chance to look at my profile on TG Guide I would appreciate your review. The crazy thing is I am actually very much a male and yet I am also transgendered. I am sure this will never change.

I do have a question - Is the girl in the one piece bathing suit in your advertisement you earlier in your life? You are so skinny now. Suffice it to say I consider you a star.

Please assist if you can.

Sincerely,

Dawn13

Posted

Hey Dawn ~ I got your message that you've been in touch with Jamie and was able to downloaded your ebooks again. I'm glad Jamie was helpful. Just let me know if you need anything else.

Lori

Posted

Hey Dawn ~ I got your message that you've been in touch with Jamie and was able to downloaded your ebooks again. I'm glad Jamie was helpful. Just let me know if you need anything else.

Lori

Hello Lori,

Jamie got back with me and I now have the books - Thanks for your assistance - I am happy again. smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Posted

Tips on How to Pass as a Woman

[REPRINTED ON TGGUIDE.COM WITH THE EXPRESS PERMISSION OF THE AUTHOR. ALL RIGHTS ARE RESERVED BY JAMIE YOUNG, THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR]

For individuals born male, blending as a woman can be challenging, even frightening endeavor. Whether you are transgender or just having fun, this article will help you achieve convincing femininity.

#1 Consider the whole package. How old are you? What's your body type? What kind of look do you want? Envision the woman you will become.

#2 Take a shower. Wash your hair and condition it. Guys often have drier, coarser hair than girls, so you may need a "leave-in" conditioner as well. Shave your body (at least legs, pits, and chest). If you haven't done this in a while, be prepared to go through multiple razor blades. Moisturizing body soap is a good idea, and of course moisturizing lotion after you've toweled off.

#3 Lose the stubble. A close shave is a must: use a sharp blade and take your time. Be gentle; you don't want to irritate your skin. Close your pores with a gentle skin toner, and of course, moisturize. Try using a dab of non-greasy sun block. It'll protect your skin from wrinkles caused by UV-damage. If you really want to keep stubble away, try waxing, electrolysis, or laser hair removal.

#4 Pluck your eyebrows. Remove stray hairs from under and between the brows until a natural arch-shape is achieved. Don't go too crazy: for highly stylized brows, seek a professional.

#5 Do your nails. At the very least, ensure they are clean and not ragged. Clear polish is always classy, but there is a world of options. When was the last time you had a manicure?

#6 Make sure you have enough hair! If you don't have enough of it, you'll need a wig -- a good wig. Otherwise, go to a salon and get it done right. Ask questions. These people know hair; a good stylist can tell you not only what's in style, but also what will look good on you. Have an idea of what you want going in, but be open to input as well.

#7 Cover your shadow. Find a cover-up and/or liquid foundation that closely matches your skin tone, plus a matching powder to "set" the foundation. Use a moisturizer first--it acts like a primer coat; the rest of your makeup will go on much easier and look better. Make sure to blend so there's no clear line between makeup and naked skin. "Five o'clock shadow" is a major cause of not passing, or "being clocked."

#8 Apply blush. With all this makeup on, you run the risk of looking pallid without blush. Smile and you will see your cheeks' "apples", the round parts that rise up. Color them with gently curving upward brush-strokes. Be subtle. Blush can also soften jaw lines, emphasize cheekbones, define noses, minimize foreheads, etc. Generally, darker areas seem to recede, lighter area pop out. Don't overdo it. You don't want to appear clownish.

#9 Pay attention to your eyes and lips. Learn how to put on makeup for those areas as well, even if you don't plan on wearing it daily. Emphasize either your eyes or your lips, but not both. If you want dark, smoky eyes, then stick to lip gloss, or a subtle lipstick. If you want red, vampy lips, then limit yourself to mascara, and maybe a light eye shadow. The temptation to overdo makeup is common for most beginners. Remember to tailor your makeup to the occasion. Keep it classy, and you'll pass.

#10 Make sure you have curves in all the right places and pay attention to where you "shouldn't" have bulges. Padded bras and tight panties (or bikini bottoms) are a good place to start. Corsets, gaffs, breast forms, and other specialized body-shapers are also available, but for the truly committed, hormones and surgery are the best solution.

#11 Choose an outfit that best suits your frame. Plunging necklines draw attention from broad shoulders. Empire waists de-emphasize narrow hips, beer bellies, and flat asses. Your legs are your best feature, so feature them (and for God's sake shave!). Knowing your body, and working with it, is essential to passing.

#12 Improve your posture, and realize that feminine gestures--even slight ones--are very important. Watch a woman speaking naturally, and note her gestures and facial expressions. Smile. Walk with your legs, not with your shoulders. Suck in your gut. Stand up straight. Glide.

#13 Work on your voice. Women's voices tend not only to be higher pitched, but also more melodic (an extreme example is "valley girl"). We tend to take on the vocal patterns of those we spend a lot of time with, so find a girl friend to emulate. The best practice is talking to real people in public situations; you'd be amazed how it helps your motivation. There are also tapes, articles, and the like available on the internet, but if you're not satisfied with your progress, consider seeking out a professional speech therapist.

Warmest regards,

Jamie Young

http://www.cross-dressing-guide.com

2 people like this

Posted

I totally agree with this post Thanks very much :D

Posted

omg i have down loaded all her books very very good they have helped me so much very well written i just love them