Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Greeley, CO transgender murder

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Date arrested in Greeley transgender murder

GREELEY, Colo. (AP) — A Colorado man is accused of fatally battering a sex partner with a fire extinguisher after discovering that his companion was a transgender woman.

Allen Ray Andrade, 31, faces several charges, including second-degree murder in the death of Justin Zapata, 20, who was known as Angie Zapata. The victim's bloodied, battered body was discovered in her apartment by her sister on July 17.

Read the entire article at http://www.denverpost.com/ci_10044234

Posted

While researching the Greeley, CO transgender murder I came upon an article that is sickening.

Michael Savage is a nationally syndicated radio talk show host. His show "The Savage Nation" is reportedly the third most listened to radio talk show.

Savage called transgender murder victim a "psychopath" and a "freak"

On the March 20 broadcast of his nationally syndicated radio show, Michael Savage discussed a San Francisco Chronicle report detailing the murder of a transgender woman whose body was found naked near a freeway outside San Francisco. Savage read a sentence from the article stating that "it appeared the victim had been in the process of becoming a woman," to which Savage replied: "Yeah, process of becoming a woman -- psychopath. [she] should have been in a back ward in a straitjacket for years, howling on major medication."

Read the article and listen to an audio clip of Savage's comments at http://mediamatters.org/items/200703210018

Posted

I am speechless!

Now that I am over the shock ... can't this moron lose his radio license for spreading hate? I wonder what the callers had to say about his comments? This is like when a woman gets beaten and raped, "well she must have done something to piss the guy off!" Yeah, it's her fault. So this is all Angie's fault! She didn't tell the guy she was pre-op TS so it is ok to beat her to death!

Can or will anything be done about Michael Savage's comments? Could Angie's family sue?

Bonnie

Posted

Michael Savage hides behind the First Amendment. I don't believe he can be successfully sued for his statements. Savage unleashes on the GLBT community unmercifully, but he also makes many other idiotic statements about all sorts of topics. He has lost many of his biggest advertisers. Filing complaints with his advertisers would possibly be a good way to get him off the air, or at least limit the number of stations willing to air his hate mongering crap.

Posted

While researching the Greeley, CO transgender murder I came upon an article that is sickening.

Michael Savage is a nationally syndicated radio talk show host. His show "The Savage Nation" is reportedly the third most listened to radio talk show.

Savage called transgender murder victim a "psychopath" and a "freak"

That is sickening, hopefully if enough people complain to his advertisers as you suggested, we can get that person off the air or at least limited to very few stations.

Posted

GREELEY, Colo. (AP) — A Colorado man is accused of fatally battering a sex partner with a fire extinguisher after discovering that his companion was a transgender woman.

My heart goes out to her and her family.

We need to stand up for our rights, for each other, and quit allowing this to happen.

Posted

Reading mainstream responses to this story I'm shocked by how many people presumed she was a prostitute. There is absolutely no mention of her being a prostitute in the news articles I've read. It just goes to show you the stereotypes we face. If you're a tranny then OBVIOUSLY you must make your living selling your body, and are therefore the scum of the earth and not deserving of life or liberty. We have alot of sickning attitudes to fight, and events like this are evidence of that. Every time trans person is murdered about half of the people I hear blame the victem.

Posted

Yes, Jo'C I didn't read anything about that either but even if she was a prostitute it makes no difference. It is not a justification. Yes, prostitution is a dangerous business to be in but that is a whole other issue. Most prostitutes are women and many are killed because it is illegal.

The victims in many murders are often blamed. They should have known better. They shouldn't have done this or that.

Let's not feel sympathy for anyone who is different. Born with no arms, well that is just too bad. Born blind, you're a freak. If everyone was more sympathetic we would have a better world.

Bonnie

Posted

Unfortunatly we can't take people like Savage off the air. If we did then we would be just like them and we wouldn't be in a free society...or a so-called free society. This story brings to reality what we all face. Here in the small town where i live a college student was almost beaten to death by four males...just for having long hair! They called him a f.....ing hippie! And now I sit afraid of going out at night for fear of the same. After 2 1/2 years on HRT the changes have been profound and I know of the looks and snickers and downright disgust. I am heartbroken that I can't be whom I should have been. I am sure that there are thousands of us in small towns that have the same fear. With people like Savage broadcasting HATE across this country unfortunally there will be more sad stories, most of which we will never hear about. It makes me want to cry. Jolene

Posted

How far do we go with 'freedom of speech'? I am all for it but instilling hate is another thing or is it? We do have the freedom not to agree. But what about all the people who begin agreeing especially when they get only one side and it is full BS? Do we say that they have the freedom to agree with the speaker? Who is standing up and debating the issue? Why is there not another popular talk show host saying, "Did you hear what that idiot, Michael Savage, said the other day about .... ?"

Can someone stand up and publicly say that the holocaust did not happen? The number 6 million is a complete exaggeration. I am quite sure that it is illegal.

As far as the four guys beating up the guy with long hair, how do we handle that? I want to say "Punish them, seek revenge!" but will that do anything? Educating them would be better but how do you do that? So, punishment it is. Build more prisons and separate them from the rest of society. I know that is not the answer. I guess it all has to start with the children. They have to be taught to be open-minded. They have to be taught that problems and disagreements cannot be resolved through violence. However, you must be able to defend yourself and the group at large should help you do so. What I mean by that is, in the case of the long haired boy, the four guys should be approached by about 20 guys and threatened that if anything like this happens to anybody else they will be paying for it with a severe beating. To take this issue to a schoolyard level, there is usually a bully or two around picking on different kids and making their lives hell. If the rest of the boys around, particularly older ones, see this going on they should put a stop to the bullying but they don’t, they ignore it saying it’s not their problem. The kid(s) will just have to toughen up. This is something I think can be taught in class when the kids are quite young. This seems to be a ‘fend for yourself or else’ society and it shouldn’t have to be.

Now I will be careful getting down off my soapbox.

Bonnie

Posted

Hi Bonnie. I agree that education is part of the answer; but that old saying holds true-education begins at home. Most of us can relate to that saying. Whether it was good or bad we still had grow and form our own opinions. The enviroment is so important. A child growing up in violent or abusive enviroment MAY consider that behavior as being a normal way of life. It's only when we realize that we don't want to be that way we make a choice to be different. It's easier to go along with crowd than to go it alone. It's only when we separate ourselves that we find others who are in the same boat. That's when the healing begins. When we hear on the scanner that the police have picked up some 12 or 13 year olds for drinking ar thaey were out of the house at 2am we have to wonder what's going on. It's sad but we do live in that type of a world. Well, that's my soapbox-finished. Take care folks and keep smiling-frowns give you wrinkles! :lol: Jolene