Spanish Transsexual Man Expecting Twins

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Ruben Noe Coronado, 25, from Spain, postponed the process of becoming a man so that he could keep his female reproductive organs and give birth.

'He' fell pregnant after undergoing fertility treatment when doctors told his girlfriend, the mother of two children from a previous relationship, she couldn't have any more children.

Mr Coronado, born a woman called Estefania or Stephanie and still considered female under Spanish law, is due to give birth at the end of September.

He is the first Spanish transsexual to fall pregnant and it is thought he will become the world's first transsexual father of twins if everything goes to plan.

He will bring the twins up with his partner Esperanza Ruiz, 43. They plan to marry before they become parents.

Once he becomes a parent he will resume his sex-change surgery and become a father rather than mother.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/...h-to-twins.html

Posted

Well, good for him!

Posted

<_<

Posted

Well, good for him!

<_<

Well, I can see things haven't changed much around here. :P:lol:

BTW, I agree, Jo'C. :)

Posted

Well, I certainly am not one to rain on a parade, but I can also understand Michael's disdain for the situation. Again, everyone is different, and having a child is an awesome experience I'm sure, but I know I wouldn't be able to 'father' a child and still feel complete. Especially raising a child as their mother when you were the father, that has to be a mentally distressing thing. I can imagine its the same for a woman birthing a child and then raising the child as the father.

Again, not saying its wrong, but I can understand Mike's reaction. For me its like the transwomen who keep their penises. Im sure for some it works, but I just fail to get it.

Posted

:huh: , Another one of these discussions.... I am once again at a loss I can see wanting to have children dont we have those feelings our selves...

:( , but to no avail will that happen for us, but to have them and to then change into the new you and then what, what the hockey stix are you gona tell them mommy had you and now I am your daddy <_< , give me a break talk about having your cake and eating it to.... listen I know that its perfectly natural to want to do this for the utter love felt for your partner but with this tid bit it doesn't resinate any thing like the thomas thing , mentality it just looks like hey here we go lets get into the spot light like that other guy/girl ... :angry:

I cant feel anything other then discust for this one, listen if your a guy be a guy if your a girl be that girl if your indifferent then be indifferent .... dont pull children into the equasion.... life's a pile as it is and to drag little ones into it with you I feel you are being an irrisponsable parent thinking of your own selfish needs instead of the life(ves) you created ( some want and cant but so desire the opportunity to, and here you get one who can does and should not have...) <_<

I know its gona get a lot of stuff going but ethically I feel its not this parents right to do this to them in this manner. If you are gona have them then be their mother get this out of their way then when they are grown then become who you need to be but to do this like this I dont like it one bit, dont expect to be able to bake the cake and eat the whole thing without a few ramifications in doing so... <_<

Those children you say wont know any thing diffent just daddy and mommy....but what about when they are bonding with this woman you married and they truelly think she is the matternal mother and she has enough and bails then they think mommy bailed on us then you have to say no I am mommy i didn't bail on you ( shock they act out in addolecent violence and then the nice life you invisioned turns into the nightmare you hide from them in the first place... heck adults dont understand us what do you think is gona happen from little ones.... I see alot of therapy for them.....

Ok I will step down and take the side lines agian....

Posted

Why would it turn out anything like that? The only reason adults have a hard time wrapping there minds around such situations is that they have been taught a certain way, and unlearning what they know is difficult. Young children accept such things almost in stride. I know men who have given birth, then transitioned. It really didn't hurt there kids. If anything, it just made them more compassionate and open minded people. The only harm that could come from this is from the outside worlds, which brings into question the notion of publicizing this pregnancy, but not the pregnancy its self.

Posted

I suppose you are right my dear , I know that children are quit adept to accepting new things , I suppose things will turn out just fine but I do however still worry about how the world will presusre the situation .... I am sorry I really do hope for the best but I still have my doubts and worries about bringing this to the fore front like has been done , I still must worry for the influances of those on the outside on the children. All my best for them and Happy joy joy for their expecting twins... :D

Posted

<_<

I agree!

I realize people sometimes have to resort to drastic measures in order to have kids (I looked into adoption once and it's really, really hard to do and really expensive). But couldn't they at least be discreet about this?

Posted

<_<

I agree!

I realize people sometimes have to resort to drastic measures in order to have kids (I looked into adoption once and it's really, really hard to do and really expensive). But couldn't they at least be discreet about this?

Internalized transphobia.

1. What this guy does has NO effect on your life.

2. In the long run the public will become educated as to what transsexualism is..... including the possible occasional pregnancy in a trans man. Translation: It's actually going to help us.

3. It is energy wasted worrying about this.

4. If you were in his situation you might think differently.

Posted

"4. If you were in his situation you might think differently." -LMP

while some may...i personally would not think differently. i didn't (and wasn't about to) do it trying to fill that assigned gender role. i could not even deal with just the idea or thought of being pregnant...i sure as hell won't do it after i transition and become recognized as a man. i never wondered what it would be like, never fantasized about it, never pretended to be so when "playing house" as a kid. any woman i am involved with will enter the relationship knowing that if SHE is unable to have children, adoption WILL be the only way she'll have any. of course, if i'm able to have all the reproductive parts removed... there won't even be an issue.

i know it's risky...but i don't even do regular physicals because of my body. when i do have one it's because my mother has harrassed me into getting one... or the doctor traps me into getting one when i've gone to see him for something else and he discovers it's been 10 years since my last physical. there's no way i could intentionally put myself in a situation where i would have to deal with the invasive proddings and probings during a pregnancy, and the eventual giving of birth... especially not as a man!

dunno if i know enough to say i am not guilty of "internalized transphobia." i thought "transphobia" was a dislike for, or intolerance of transexuals. but if believing that men don't become pregnant and give birth means i'm transphobic...well then, i guess i am [unfortunately] guilty.

Posted

i never wondered what it would be like, never fantasized about it, never pretended to be so when "playing house" as a kid. any woman i am involved with will enter the relationship knowing that if SHE is unable to have children, adoption WILL be the only way she'll have any. of course, if i'm able to have all the reproductive parts removed... there won't even be an issue.

Good for you! :)

I'm against it for a different reason (obviously). I don't think TG people should be allowed to use any kind of ace in the hole offered by their biological sex. Ever. (Things like, for example, a MTF standing up to pee do not count because some genetic women have learned how to do the same.) It reinforces the notion that gender is about biological sex. People say about Thomas Beatie, "Well, she is a woman and thus has the same womanly desires as any other..." I don't blame you for not wanting to be perceived the same way. People need to pick a gender and stick with it.

If they absolutely must do something like this, then they should not be public about it.

dunno if i know enough to say i am not guilty of "internalized transphobia." i thought "transphobia" was a dislike for, or intolerance of transexuals. but if believing that men don't become pregnant and give birth means i'm transphobic...well then, i guess i am [unfortunately] guilty.

I was thinking along the same lines.

I understand that it is very difficult to adopt, so sometimes it's either the man gets pregnant or the couple has no kid at all. It can be very tempting; I have heard that many genetic men would become pregnant if they could and their wives couldn't, as a means of providing for the family. (I guess anything can be a male or female thing.)

However, most of the world sees transsexuals as freaks, and so by not being discreet, these people are exposing their unborn child to a lot of ridicule in the future. If they make fun of the fat kid with glasses, can you imagine what they'll do to a kid with a FTM dad who is her/his biological mother? It's not enough to say, "It shouldn't be that way," or "Things will get better." The fact is, the world is "that way" now, and that is what we need to deal with.

As an aside: I hate that every time I try to speak up in favor of keeping a boundary that people should not cross, it's dismissed as internalized transphobia. Maybe without media whores like Thomas Beatie, we'd have a better image in the eyes of the world, and there's be less transphobia. Just a thought.

Posted

meh, I have my own *personal* opinions about it, but, like LMP said, its not *my* life, so, aside from it being a news story (it shouldn't really be, again just my opinion) I really don't think its a big deal.

What people do in their personal life is fine by me, and as a woman who tried to cope with being a man and did quite a good job for 25 years, I suppose I really don't have much room to talk. Again, as long as its not forced down my throat, I don't mind. Afterall, I find it much less distressing the idea of a trans man giving birth than say, the idea of a heterosexual who sleeps around or someone who is emotionally abusive to others.

Also, GirlInside, I believe you are somewhat correct. If we didnt have situations like Thomas Beatie, perhaps we'd have a better view of the world, but perhaps not. That said, and Ive mentioned this before, you claim that very few *know* of you and that you're pretty much still keeping your trans status discreet. I totally respect that as I did that myself for the longest time. However, as someone who *is* out, I can tell you, while we aren't exactly seen as a commonality like white bread or a sunny day, I have had little to no issues with prejudice. Sure, some people are confused, have questions, but most of the time, *THEY* are more afraid of offending you than you are of offending them.

I wouldn't say its internalized transphobia persay in your case, Im no therapist, but it does seem like you project alot of your own feelings on the issue of transexuality and present it as 'what people MUST think of us.'

Let me tell you, there will always be ignorant people, but most people judge you by your personality and character, not by your sex, gender, or the like once they get a chance to meet you. I hope one day you see this the way I have. I feel it will not only improve your own obviously downtrodden attitude over transgender/transexual issues, but also, help you understand tht you *CAN* be normal *and* transgender. Not everyone thinks we're all sexual fetishists or drag queens. I also think, however, it will also help you not be so judgmental of society yourself.

Posted

It never ceases to amaze me how society always have to find fault and judge another part of society.Like in the "60's whites judged blacks for being different.The "70's even up to now some hetrosexuals judged homosexuals,some homosexuals judge transsexuals and some transsexuals will judge one another and those who are in between.

Claiming things should be this way or the other,Thus judging another difference found in society that doesn't conform to the way one thinks and feels it should.

In this way of thinking those who are androgynous must be the worsest since they appear to be neither and both and can't decide which way they should appear.Or is it that they know who they are and choose to be themselves dispite societies ignorance,fear and judgement?

Dispite my problems and situation the one thing I've learned after all these years is that humanity no matter what,always seems to have to find fault in it's differences.When it comes down to it theirs only 3 type of people,good people,bad people and those who would be classifed as assholes,those who simply scorn that which is different then themselves.Unfortunately,they would rather judge and react out of their ignorance rather then gaining knowledge and understanding of that which they don't understand.

Peace and acceptance comes from an open mind.

Dee

Posted

To provoke a different set of thoughts, I pose this question to the forum --

Why should we feel differently about an FTM having a child during or after transition than we feel about an FTM raising children born before transition?

Posted

I read all of the posts regarding this topic. In my opinion to each is own. I know for myself I can not even fathom thinking of doing such an act if I was still capable. For me I have always been MALE in every aspect of my soul and thoughts. Unfortunately our "God" likes to place challenges upon his creations and I consider myself to be one of those challenges he has created. It is not my right to tell others what they should or should not be doing this is why they were given their own brain. I am a counselor myself and I too agree there will be issues with the raising of these children. However, once again not my decision. All I am personally able to do is hope for the best outcome from all involved and that includes all of us discussing this because in a round about way we are too involved in this.

Posted

All I am personally able to do is hope for the best outcome from all involved and that includes all of us discussing this because in a round about way we are too involved in this.

Why would you think discussing this issue makes us to in involved?Any and every issue that comes up in society is discussed.Some are issues that some would rather not talk about or wish they went away like transsexuals,homosexuals and so on and without discussion about things,one can never hope to gain knowledge and understanding of that which they have no knowledge and understanding of.

Dee

Posted

well,i think he will be success in doing that. but I have my own opinions, its not life,not give roper taste of life. so, advice is that aside from it being a news story.