Member Blogs

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Based on my testing, we seem to be having a possible problem with the member blogs. Will someone please go try to post a "test" blog entry and report back with whether you were able to publish or not.

2 people like this

Posted

Member blogs should be working fine now too but let me know if you have any problems. :)

2 people like this

Posted

how do you blog I have never done it nor do I know how, I am sorry I am 49 and some of this internet stuff is unfamiliar to me any help in explaining how to blog would be great ty.......... Summer

2 people like this

Posted

"how do you blog I have never done it nor do I know how...." -Summer

<spies the list of new blogs over on the index page> ... I think ya got it! ;)

-Mike

2 people like this

Posted

It seems to me (and at least one other here whom I've exchanged messages with) that there is lots of valuable and interesting writing in member blogs that is kind of invisible or difficult to unearth, unless the blog is kept current with new posts. Maybe I'm wrong and need to be advised but as far as I can tell there are only two ways to find older blog posts:

1. Use the search feature for some keyword and see what turns up;

2. Look at a member's profile, click on Blogs, and if there is one, take a look around.

I am not sure how I'd suggest to improve it. Maybe by using common/standardized categories, for a special blog-search feature? Or perhaps a kind of Forum, where we can browse blogs?

Any advice or thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks,

Emma

2 people like this

Posted

If you clik on the BLOG tab at the top of any page, this of course will take you to the blogs. Then, go to the left side of the page - you will see "Blogs" just above Lori's avatar. Under "Blogs," in the purple bar, you should see "Dashboard," "All Blogs," "Local Blogs," "External Linked Blogs" and "Custom."

If you clik on "All Blogs," this will take you to a list of blogs that you can go thru page by page. As of the writing of this post, there are about 13 pages of listings, though not all the member blogs have any entries.

Hope this helps

-Michael

3 people like this

Posted

Hi Michael,

Aha! I see the other tabs now that l look more closely. On my iPad (at least) the tabs in the purple bar a barely visible and I hadn't noticed them.

Thank you! I'm looking forward to rummaging around... :-)

Emma

3 people like this