Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Attempted Murder, Rape of Transsexual in Trinidad, Colorado

5 posts in this topic

Posted

"Police are investigating the alleged rape and attempted murder of a transsexual man visiting Trinidad for a sex-change pre-operation procedure."

Read the article online: Warrant issued in attempted murder, rape of transsexual

Posted

This is so disturbing to me that this creeton can and by the sounds of it will probably get away with this brutality on this woman, shes going to be mentally scared from this even if they do make the chages stick what kind of terms if any is this guy gona face , I am saddened by yet another victoms story I feel that they need to hammer them with every bit of the laws force on these type of people, I hope that in the future we hear of more and more heavy penalties put on these types of crimes, I know its something that GG's face on a daily basis as well and they should have the same force that needs to be put forth as well.

Posted

It seems they left out a very important charge - attempted murder. That is obvious but it isn't mentioned for some reason. I'm also not comfortable with the use of gender pronouns for the victim, though I'm assuming the victim is MtF. I hope she can make a full recovery and go on to enjoy her life. I have a very different wish for the perpetrator of this horrible crime.

This is so disturbing to me that this creeton can and by the sounds of it will probably get away with this brutality on this woman, shes going to be mentally scared from this even if they do make the chages stick what kind of terms if any is this guy gona face , I am saddened by yet another victoms story I feel that they need to hammer them with every bit of the laws force on these type of people, I hope that in the future we hear of more and more heavy penalties put on these types of crimes, I know its something that GG's face on a daily basis as well and they should have the same force that needs to be put forth as well.

Posted

It seems they left out a very important charge - attempted murder. -admin

yeah...i noticed that too. in fact, as i read the article, for some reason i got this feeling that somewhere in all this...authorities did not believe what happened to the victim...or perhaps didn't care

I'm also not comfortable with the use of gender pronouns for the victim, though I'm assuming the victim is MtF. -admin

hmmm...i got the impression the victim was FTM. the article reported of an alleged rape and attempted murder of a "transsexual man." in a police report, the victim is referred to as a "female party." and later in the article, the victim is referred to with female pronouns. i chalked it up to the insensitivity of the police and the reporter calling a transman by everything female.

so...did i miss the other problem with this article...that being, it wrongly labelled the victim as a "transsexual MAN," when in fact the appropriate language should have been "transsexual WOMAN?"

if so...that would have made their use of female pronouns quite commendable, tho quite often throughout the article...it seems the reporter did everything possible to avoid usage of ANY pronouns at all. i sorta got the feeling he would have referred to the victim as "it" if he thought he could have....

-michael

Posted

This is horrible of what happen. What a monster, he needs to get the death penalty for what he done. :o