Transsexual at centre of Italian sleaze scandal found dead

8 posts in this topic

Posted

"A transsexual at the centre of a sleaze scandal involving an Italian politician was today found dead in her burning apartment.

The Brazilian known as Brenda was discovered by firefighters early this morning after they were called to a blaze at her apartment block."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1229528/Transsexual-centre-Italian-sleaze-scandal-dead.html

NOTE: I don't generally change the titles. I can't help but find this title offensive and the story is sad. Nothing like a transsexual to help sensationalize a news story.

Posted

Another news story indicates this case is being considered a murder investigation.

Transsexual in Italian political scandal murdered

"Police found a body following a fire in a basement flat in a neighborhood frequented by transsexual prostitutes and court sources said magistrates were treating the death as murder."

Read More: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20091120/wl_nm/us_italy_scandal_transexual_3

Posted

From what I read this incident is more widespread. There are more bigwigs involved. My condolences to Brenda's family and friends.

Gennee

Posted

I agree Gennee,let's hope no information is with-held for some reason or another.Considering hearing incidents like this every so often including government officials,it's time governments worldwide admit the diversity the world has and has laws in place protecting everyone.

Dee

Posted

I feel it to be another injustice with the media as well as the goverment, they seem to always turn things like this into some sort of justice for this persons way of life, they will sweep this under the rug like so many in the past due to the political ties i am affraid for this because when they do such things they simply justify the vilinisation of citizens and glorify them selves.. Maybe a change will happen and it will all come out into the light and those involved will be brought to justice , maybe...

Posted

It seems to me this is another example of how (almost) everybody needs to WIN. So often, winning is so important that morality/ethics/fairness/justice aren't considered.

Posted

It seems to me this is another example of how (almost) everybody needs to WIN. So often, winning is so important that morality/ethics/fairness/justice aren't considered.

I think your absolutely correct we all would like to win but if winning means taking anothers life and crushing others in the process I think I could use the defeat to my advantage in an more benificial manner... No one deserves to die for my bennifit.

Posted

Politics, Italian style . . . though not as stylish as in days gone by. How is it that the europeans get all the really juicy sex scandals, whereas most of our scandals involve someone's hand in the cookie jar? Our few sex scandals generally result in embarrassment more than anything else.