Private Messages

11 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been getting tons of private messages from people I do not think are transgendered in any way here on this site. And its been making me a wee bit nervous as I do want stealth. Anyway to turn off the instant messages for the time being?

Thanks!

Posted

kareal -

rather than cut off communications with friends here on TGG - members whom you KNOW would not send inappropriate PMs, let us (moderators) know when you receive such PMs and who they are from. it might also be helpful to copy and paste the text to the PM to us.

we do NOT allow trolls to harrass members, and we do not approve of inappropriate PMs.

i'm sorry you have been receiving these PMs. if you still have any of them, please provide one of us with the names of the individuals who sent them

-michael

Posted

Hey i just got a weird one too. it wasnt really what you would call 'inappropriate' like no cussing or filth, just from someone wanting to be emailed privately. whatever.

Posted

those PMs are also inappropriate if they are from someone you are unfamiliar with.

please PM me with the sender's username

-michael

Posted

vulgar or harrassing PMs are not acceptable here at TGG.

also not acceptable are PMs requesting private emails - they can be unsettling if sent from someone you are not familiar with or someone who is active on the forums, or someone you have not PM'd with or chatted with in the past.

TGG has two "contacts" forums. those looking for "pen pals," new friends or whatever should post that in contacts, introducing themselves and inviting others to PM or email them. that way, if a member chooses to contact the member looking for email, PMs or chat...it is on that member's terms and no one deals with unexpected, unwanted PMs and emails

if ANY member receives PMs or even emails that they do not want or like from an unfamiliar member, or PMs or emails that are vulgar, threatening, harrassing, or otherwise unsettling in any way... let a moderator know. we can't stop the problem if you all don't tell us a problem exists.

PM any moderator:

Annie, Bonnie, Shannon, UsernameOptional (Michael), Webmaster

Posted

RE: FORUM SCAMMERS

Our discussion board has recently experienced an increase in scammers who register for membership and then send private messages (see an example below) to members requesting that they be contacted via external IM or e-mail. Please copy and paste any suspicious messages you receive in your inbox, and send it to me via the TGGuide forums private message system.

Please be cautious about responding to anyone who has not first taken the time to get to know you in the forums, especially new members.

Lori

This is a scam message recently sent to many of our members;

My name is merabel ,i saw your profile at/tgguide.com/today and became intrested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send an email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.Here is my email address (merabel14@yahoo.com)I believe we can move from here!I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.merabel (Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)

Posted

Our discussion board has recently experienced an increase in scammers who register for membership and then send private messages (see an example below) to members requesting that they be contacted via external IM or e-mail. Please copy and paste any suspicious messages you receive in your inbox, and send it to me via the TGGuide forums private message system.

Please be cautious about responding to anyone who has not first taken the time to get to know you in the forums, especially new members.

Lori

My name is merabel ,i saw your profile at/tgguide.com/today and became intrested in you,i will also like to know you the more,and i want you to send an email to my email address so i can give you my picture for you to know whom i am.Here is my email address (merabel14@yahoo.com)I believe we can move from here!I am waiting for your mail to my email address above.merabel (Remeber the distance or colour does not matter but love matters alot in life)

I got that same CREEPY message.

Thank you for deleting their account!

Posted

Me too - it sounded too good to be true. Should I just delete this message and forget about it?

Posted

Yes, please delete any messages from merabel14 and notify me of any similar messages that you receive.

Anyone asking that you contact them outside our message forum should be considered suspicious, unless they have first taken the time to get to know you and they have shown themself to be a trusted member of our forums.

Me too - it sounded too good to be true. Should I just delete this message and forget about it?

Posted

Lori

I got this message also, but because it sounded suspicious, I deleted it. Therefore, I dont have any evidence to back it up. Only my word.

Posted

HUH got that one myself.... no biggy I only messaged back via here and nothing more .... I don't believe how doubious some individuals can be But I am Learning..... Thanks Lori....Your Tops in my book ... keep up the good work ...