Nylon stockings or pantyhose

30 posts in this topic

Posted

This was a topic a couple or few years ago, but is worthwhile updating. Two of my very favorite feminine fashions are nylon stockings worn with a garter belt or open bottom girdle and pantyhose. I love the feel of nylon stockings with attached garters or pantyhose over my legs and thighs. The first feminine clothing I wore, as a youth were nylon stockings with a garter belt or girdle.

Most of my life I have preferred to wear pantyhose to go with short dresses or skirts. However, in recent years I have been often wearing a high quality garter belt, panties, and sheer nylon stockings. I enjoy wearing them under a dress or pants. These are feminine fashions, along with a bra and camisole, I can wear under my masculine clothing, either at home or out in public.

4 people like this

Posted

When I first started wearing my mother's clothes it was gartered girdles and stockings. When I started buying my own, it was garter belts and stockings. Now I only wear stay up stockings. I never liked pantyhose very much because they are difficult to put on compared to stockings and they are inconvenient, both when using the washroom or when I am going to have sex. I like wearing stockings during sex. Also, get a run in one leg and that's it for the pantyhose, get one in a stocking you still have one stocking left that can be used when you get another run in another stocking. I like garter belts too but it is getting harder to find good quality ones that still look sexy. The sexier ones now usually have plastic clasps and are not made very well.

Bonnie

3 people like this

Posted

When I first started wearing my mother's clothes it was gartered girdles and stockings. When I started buying my own, it was garter belts and stockings. Now I only wear stay up stockings. I never liked pantyhose very much because they are difficult to put on compared to stockings and they are inconvenient, both when using the washroom or when I am going to have sex. I like wearing stockings during sex. Also, get a run in one leg and that's it for the pantyhose, get one in a stocking you still have one stocking left that can be used when you get another run in another stocking. I like garter belts too but it is getting harder to find good quality ones that still look sexy. The sexier ones now usually have plastic clasps and are not made very well.

Bonnie

I think Im the only one here who dresses like a tomboy lol. I only wear pantyhose or tights for special occasions like formal events and things like that. But for me...its a cami, jeans and hoodie everyday.

I find pantyhose to be too hot to wear sometimes. Maybe ill grow to like em more lol

2 people like this

Posted

Bonnie,

The advantages you cite of wearing nylon stockings with a garter belt instead of pantyhose are true. I have worn pantyhose more often though since my mid twenties, when I was able to afford buying feminine fashions on a more frequent basis.

You're right about most garter belts seem to be of so-so quality, I often have some difficulty getting the garter attached to my nylon stockings. Fortunately I have some high quality garter belts that are sexy too, with some lace or in colors other than white.

2 people like this

Posted

I think Im the only one here who dresses like a tomboy lol. I only wear pantyhose or tights for special occasions like formal events and things like that. But for me...its a cami, jeans and hoodie everyday.

I find pantyhose to be too hot to wear sometimes. Maybe ill grow to like em more lol

Naw, you're not the only one here who dresses like a tomboy. Jeans, camisole and hoodie is pretty much my standard, everyday outfit too.

Really the only time I ever wear nylons is in the wintertime. I have a few pairs of colorful, striped thigh highs that I sometimes wear to bed to keep my feet toasty warm. They seem to me to be a lot more comfortable to sleep in than socks.

2 people like this

Posted

Crazy but I believe I wear some kind of nylon leg cover almost every day. For me these are my running tights and capri running tights. I remember when fitness wear only consisted of heavy sweats or running pants - but today almost everyone wears the tights. Most of the ones I wear are considered unisex but I have several that are women's styles.

Also, when I go to ballet classes I wear various color nylon tights - blue, gray and black. These I have worn with women's tops and leotards

Most of the nylons I wear with dresses are sheer to waist. I do not get to wear my dresses much, but the nylons really highten my sensativity and of course they enhance my legs - I have been told my legs are my best assets. (Both when I am dressed Male as well as Female)

This winter I wore nylon hose under my jeans on several ocasions for added warmth. I also have a pair of nylon support hose I often wear, under my pants, on long overseas flights - just makes good since as it helps leg circulation

The below photo shows me in my favorite sheer dress - This time I have on a support hose that I am showing off.

Dawn13smile.gif

post-18396-127685415445_thumb.jpg

3 people like this

Posted

Definitely love tights in the wintertime no matter what I am wearing. Have always been a pantyhose girl here but do love the thigh highs with a garter belt if dressing in something sexy for an evening out. No matter which it is I love the feel of nylon on the legs.

2 people like this

Posted

I find panty hose the most basic and very important part of my everyday wardrobe. I only wear nylons that are comfortable and sometimes you have to pay a little more but it is worth it. To me I want my legs to look as good as I feel so I shave my legs everyday and I use lotion on my legs as well. I love tights as well in the winter and the seemlessness of panyhose really helps me focus on my work and not on the discomfort I use to feel when I wore mens underwear with all the seams.

Amie.

4 people like this

Posted

I was at my cousin's when she and her Mom were going through all her old clothes that no longer fit her. They threw out her old bras, panties, pantyhose and some other lingerie and put her old dresses, swimsuits, blouses, tops, slacks and jeans out for pick up by Goodwill. Later that day, I went out and retrieved her old underthings and went through her old clothes and picked out a couple of dresses, some tops, jeans, capris and hid my treasure in my bedroom. Her things were just a little big for me but I soon grew into them in no time. Too bad our shoe sizes weren't the same because there were some cute sandals, loafers and heels in there too. Anyway, since I started wearing panyhose, I got used to just grabbing a pair and putting them on. I don't have to worry about matching stocking styles and colors. I usually wear panties under the pantyhose and it does make it a bit difficult in the restroom. When I wear jeans or pants, I usually don't wear hose but If I do, I wear knee-highs. If I'm goiung to have sex, I get undressed and put something sexy on. If it's a quickie, I just pull my panties and panyhose down.

3 people like this

Posted

As someone who lives in the subtropics I never wear anything other than knee-length nylons with slacks.

Even then, only on occasion.

Annie

2 people like this

Posted

i perfer wearing tights . i like all the different colors and patterns to wear with my skirts and dresses..i hate pantyhose they tear too easy and sheer. i work in a office witch requries me to be proper attire.

2 people like this

Posted

for me its always been stockings or thigh highs, there are rare occasions where i will wear pantyhose. and it is getting harder to find good quality garter belts at a reasonable cost. when wearing stockings i almost always wear a rago 21 waist cincher not only does it give me a little smaller waist it also helps with the tummy an has very good garters. rae

2 people like this

Posted

I wear neither one (in the winter if it's really cold). I'm a bare legs person. I do wear long skirts and dresses.

Gennee

:)

2 people like this

Posted

Pantyhose were the fist article of clothing I wore and I still have a soft spot for them. In my late teens I went through the stage of thigh highs and garter stockings but I still prefer pantyhose. Just love the soft feeling from hop to toe :-)

3 people like this

Posted

As like most of you pantyhose were my 1st fem clothing. I do now and then will wear thigh highs. But i much perfer pantyhose.

2 people like this

Posted

Stockings and suspenders. Every time. ;o)

2 people like this

Posted

I've worn pantyhose more this year than I ever have previously. It's been pretty cold here.

2 people like this

Posted

Depends on my mood and what i a doing, 9 times out of 10 pantyhose,   stockings well i have issues finding ones my size  so the ones i have hardly worn due to finding a replacement if they get ruined

3 people like this

Posted

Me, I love the warmth and color of tights. But last weekend I bought leggings made of modal fabric that feel phenomenal on my legs! I'm in love with those. Goodness, I now want to wear them constantly.

Emma

4 people like this

Posted

I used to love nylons, but my skin doesn't like them so much anymore. I prefer tights, or stockings made of tight material. much softer and looks just as good. 

3 people like this

Posted

Wear tights in winter and when cold. They also look great in short dresses and long blouses. Like most of you I also prefer stockings to pantyhose and love them seemed or fishnet when really dressing up

3 people like this

Posted

Have not worn tights since I was a little girl, and since then all kinds of new and more comfortable fabrics have come out. 

As for stockings, I gave them up years ago, as when I aged, I developed "skin tags," little bits of growths of skin, that catches uncomfortably into the weave of the stockings.

1 person likes this

Posted

Total validation on the skin tags thing, been fighting those since I was 16.  Nikki would have loved me as a teen, I fought my neck issue and wore a choker everyday to hide a really ugly one until I realized that they require blood to stay on. 

2 people like this

Posted

Dear Bonnie,

Must confess as a mid-butch Lesbian that I find stockings on my fem during love-making a real turn-on!

Stockings make a butch feel ten feet tall!

Your friend,

Monica

3 people like this