Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Idaho Transgender Woman Arrested in Gender ID Bomb Plot

Discrimination poll   7 votes

1. 1. As a person who is transgendered, how much discrimination do you experience?

• A great deal
    • A fair amount
    • Occasional
    • Hardly any
    • None

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Post-op since 1980, her feud with local police began with a moving violation that included her birth name.

The so-called pipe bomb she was carrying when arrested was anything but an explosive.

Article at:

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/07/12/idaho-transgender-woman-arrested-naked-gender-id-bomb-plot/?test=latestnews

Annie

Posted

After 27 years post-op they still had to use her former male name!!! I don't think she should have put fake pipe bombs on her propane tank or set her car on fire, running around naked is funny though. She obviously is trying to make a point, that she is 100% female, and I am sure she has been harassed in the past for her transsexuality. It is a sad situation and I do feel for her.

Bonnie

Posted

i hate to say this, but it seems that catherine has brought some of this on herself. while it would have been nice, and very respectful of authorities to use the name she preferred...perhaps by law they had no choice but to use her male birthname. the reason being is that the article indicates that she was upset that authorities did not use the name she "adopted" 30 years ago. if she simply took on the name she preferred, and never got it legally changed...i'm guessing they have to use the name that is on record for her.

as far as their refusal to list catherine as female, that sounds pretty sorry. but if she never had her name legally changed...maybe she never had gender markers changed on things like her driver's license, either, and again...perhaps by law, they have no choice.

and while a few crumbs of kudos go to authorities for not housing her with male inmates... they (especially the payette police chief) need to attend TG/TS 101 so they learn to understand and respect the difference between gender identity and sexual orientation.

as for streaking the town toting [fake] pipe bombs...i can only wonder if the poor woman hasn't finally gone 'round the bend a bit having endured the crap that way too many TG/TS people are subjected to. having lived as a woman -and a POST-OP woman at that- for the past 30 years...it seems that the people in the area would see catherine as female if only as a matter of familiarity, benevolence and decency, if not by law.

-michael

Posted

There re right and wrong ways to make a point. This I would file under the latter. Michael is absolutely right. I understand its deplorable how some trans women are treated, but this is NOT the way to go about fighting that.