Followers 0

TG Flight Attendants - Thailand

18 posts in this topic

Posted

http://www.ottawasun.com/news/weird/2011/02/10/17219531.html

Thai airline recruits ladyboy flight attendants

By JUTARAT SKULPICHETRAT, REUTERS

Last Updated: February 10, 2011 2:01am

BANGKOK "A new Thai airline is hiring transsexual ladyboys as flight attendants, aiming at a unique identity to set itself apart from competitors as it sets out for the skies...

PC Air, a charter airline set to start operations on Asian routes in April, originally planned only to hire male and female flight attendants. But it changed its mind after receiving more than 100 job applications from transvestites and transsexuals..."

Read the article Thai airline recruits ladyboy flight attendants

Posted

I have been following this story somewhat. I pray that the airline will be a success.

Gennee

:)

Posted

I Hope that it works out for the lot of them they need good employees and the employees need good jobs , good for the bunch . hope it rolls without a hitch.

Posted

"PC Air... having received over a hundred applications from transvestites and transsexuals, bosses relaxed their own requirements to take on members of ‘the third gender’. Certain conditions were laid out, though..."

Read the article (with photos): Ladyboy air hostesses: Thai airline hires transsexual stewardesses who have to 'maintain a feminine voice'

Posted

This is just the greatest.......I mean it sarcastically>> tell me please what you think about the report.

I like to read it.

Ladyboy Flight Attendants Take To The Skies On Thailand's PC Air (photos)

Posted

I took it offensively also, however, I believe in Thailand that the term "Ladyboy" is not necessarily considered derogatory. Does anyone know for sure?

There were other elements also though, that smacked of sensationalism and were offensive, like this... "A Thai airline has recruited trolley dollies that can offer that little bit extra than most female hostesses by signing up ladyboys."

WTH!

1 person likes this

Posted

"A Thai airline has recruited trolley dollies that can offer that little bit extra than most female hostesses by signing up ladyboys."

Yeah...I wondered about that too.

Posted

“Mr Chan (PC Air president) first announced PC Air’s decision in January, saying the airline’s transsexual staff will be given a “third sex name tag” while on duty.”

Read more: Transsexual Flight Attendants: Is “Third Sex” Label Appropriate?

Posted

I wonder what term will identify this third sex (if it's something other than "katoey"), and why Chan thinks this is necessary.

It's pretty obvious that stereotyping is prevalent in Thailand, "PC Air said the qualifications were the same as that required of female flight attendants, which include femininity and attractiveness.”

And...do they somehow make a distinction between transsexuals and [men] who have "changed their gender?" It also seems obvious that they believe only male-bodied individuals are TG or TS, as is the uninformed case among many people in both the east and the west.

-Michael

Posted

Thailand's PC Air launches maiden flight with transsexual attendants

"Thailand's new PC Air on Thursday took officials and journalists on its maiden flight from Bangkok to Surat Thani, 530 kilometres south, under the ministrations of four transsexuals flight attendants. The Thai airline's management prides itself on its equal-opportunity employment policy for transsexuals. (Source: www.thebeijingnews.com)"

View the photo slides: Thailand's PC Air launches maiden flight with transsexual attendants

Posted

“Transsexual stewardesses accepted to work in Thailand (VIDEO)”

“Transsexuals were accepted to work as stewardesses in Thailand. By doing this the company PC Air decided to fight against the prejudices if hiring so called “third gender” people.” -News from Armenia - NEWS.am

http://news.am/eng/news/86515.html

http://youtu.be/chneE6YGqss

1 person likes this

Posted

I try to have patience in the face of acceptance... but it really irritates me when a transwoman is called a "transvestite." If it chaps my rear...I can only imagine how you ladies feel about it.

Also...while it's commendable that PC Air has hired these women...I think over-all, the culture just ain't gettin' the whole "transvestites-transsexuals-and-homosexuals-are-all-very-different-animals" thing. <_<

-Michael

Posted

“Thai "ladyboy" flight attendants take to the skies”

“Working for new charter airline PC Air, transsexual flight attendants including 22-year-old Tanyarat Jirapatpakorn made their debut on a flight from Bangkok to the southern city of Surat Thani on Thursday, serving drinks and snacks and carrying out safety demonstrations.” - Reporting by Jutarat Skulpichetrat

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/12/16/us-thailand-ladyboys-idUSTRE7BF0EO20111216

Posted

It is a novelity which will be forgotten about once it becomes common place. I couldn't tell who were female and who were TS and it would not make any difference as long as the passengers are taken care of well. The main fact here is that transsexuals are being hired. Incorrect labels are a bother and will hopefully be corrected in the near future. FtM TSs will have more difficulty breaking into the field since the male to female ratio is already very low to begin with.

Bonnie

Posted

Transsexual Thai air hostesses: gimmick or equality?

The Sun Daily

(March 12, 2012): Aboard flight GT210, with her crisp uniform, immaculate makeup and hair swept up, Mew looks like any other air hostess, but she's one of a handful of Thai transsexuals blazing a trail in the skies. Fledgling Thailand-based carrier PC

Posted

Gimmick for sure which will become equality in time.

Bonnie

Posted

AsiaOne

Sunday, Oct 21, 2012

BANGKOK - Months after taking to the skies with Thailand's first transsexual air crew, fledgling carrier PC Air has suspended services over financial troubles that left passengers stranded in South Korea.

"The airline informed the Department of Civil Aviation on Friday that they cannot operate their charter flights due to business problems," Thai Deputy Transport Minister Chadchart Sittipunt told AFP.

"So it will suspend its services," he added. -news.asiaone.com

Thai 'transgender airline' grounded over finances

Posted

I hope the aiirline survives. I wonder thogh what caused their money troubles?