Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

UK Transgender News

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Caroline - That's wonderful! What a show of basic human compassion by the government! Unfortunately, there's no way anything like that would happen here in the US. I could maybe see a study to determine how the US government could better serve the rich, but definitely not anyone being oppressed.

Posted

i agree, maya... i don't see anything like this happening in the US...least ways not in my lifetime.

places like the UK appear to continue to strive towards improving things for TG/TS people. of course in my opinion... the UK and [parts of?] Canada were already ahead of the US in that at least their health care systems work with the gender conflicted.

here, it appears that the majority of companies who's health benefits do not exclude TG/TS treatment are some of the larger companies concerned with maintaining high equality rankings in the business world - more concerned with how they "look" rather than any ethical reasons or compassion for their TG/TS employees.

Posted

Excellent! I am assuming only UK residents can complete the survey? I also wonder who would be taking the lead on getting this information out to the transgender community in the UK.

Bonnie