hi all, anyone help?

8 posts in this topic

Posted

hi all

i hope some one can help, i have had the same unforfilled feeling since i was 18 i am now 29, i yearn for my true self to relieve herself but just dont have the social support or the confidence to try, until now after hours of digging i have joined this web sight and am looking for ppl either in the same boat or as many of you have been through similar situations? i am looking for advice the smoothest passage into truly feeling alive again, from the best waxes to the best clothes and make up i am a blank canvus and need some one to paint xx aleXisj xx

1 person likes this

Posted

Alexis - Who better to paint the canvas of you than you? I suggest checking out your local transgender protection laws to make sure it's okay for you to use the dressing rooms and then head out and decide what looks good. Not only will you inherently have your own sense of style, you will be able to tell what looks good with your body type. Fashion is simply not one size fits all. Same goes for makeup. You can find hints for makeup application all over the internet, but it would be best if you can find someone who knows how to match your skin tone / texture / eye color to makeup. If you don't have any willing girlfriends (who still might not know anything outside of what looks good on them), you could try the makeup counter at your local women's boutique or maybe someone who does photography or film makeup (though photo/film makeup artists will probably overdo it).

Best of luck!

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you so much for the reply, I agree I need 2 start doing rather than just thinking it, I just have no idea of how 2 start I guess a complete wax, then hrs infront of a mirror on make up the clothes shopping? Think I need 2 source a girl who will guide me xx

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you so much for the reply, I agree I need 2 start doing rather than just thinking it, I just have no idea of how 2 start I guess a complete wax, then hrs infront of a mirror on make up the clothes shopping? Think I need 2 source a girl who will guide me xx

why not pick up a subscription to Cosmpolitan Magazine. It is loaded with makeup and other beauty tips... plus it is a fun read.tongue.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

why not pick up a subscription to Cosmpolitan Magazine. It is loaded with makeup and other beauty tips... plus it is a fun read.tongue.gif

O yes magazines r a great idea, I'm liking the retro 60's look, i think I'm looking 4 emotional support and reassurance that I am doing thing right xx

1 person likes this

Posted

Watching Female related shows will give you an idea of makeup and fashion trends , they will also help you with voice inflection , walking , interaction with other females and males , also youtube has a treasure trove of make up videos and a plethera of other information involved with the trans side of life . we have to make up for a lot of lost time generally so dont attempt to over due it your brain will fizzle out on you ( overload LOL ) I hope this gives you some other sources to poke around .

Posted

Hi newbie,

Def check out youtube for resources on makeup tips, but as was said before, be careful. When you're new you tend to overdo it. Remember that makeup done well does not look like you use it at all. The main thing is practice, practice, practice. It took me forEVER to do eyeliner properly ;)

When it comes to clothes, one of the best places is your local thrift shops. That way you can try a lot of styles to find what looks good on you without going broke on new outfits at the mall. For lingerie I find Fredrick's of Hollywood to be very TG friendly. The girls there are very helpful. Other than that, buy your undies at Walmart, Target, etc. they have a good selection and the prices are VERY reasonable.

I hope this helps.

Chrissey

P.S. Are you in Tucson?

Posted

If your not feeling up to looking through the womens section of your local clothing stores, id look online first. every store now a days has a online catalog to order from, its always discreet and easy. you can also order make up online through saphora or mac, N.Y.K, etc. i remember my early days of walking into stores in male mode and well feeling out of place. but we live in the age of electronics and well paying shipping and handling almost covers gas costs. after you build up a wardrobe and feel comfortable in public venturing out will be easier. id also say find some local girls on Facebook and perhaps meeting them out at a semi local tg friendly club helps build those social networks we all need. its a long road your walking and isn't always easy but you'll figure it out im sure. some of my favorite places to shop are Oldnavy.com, Avenue.com has shoes/ boots, heels of all shape and sizes. jennyshairsense.com has some of the best quality wigs and prices you'll find on the internet or in stores, speaking of wig stores their always over priced and under stocked. alrighty well good luck