Change
VISITORS: Your access to view photos and site information is limited as a guest.
Click here to join now

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

SweetestYouW... : (30 July 2014 - 03:15 AM) Just started today. I hope to hear from anyone looking for a friend or more
SweetestYouW... : (30 July 2014 - 01:34 AM) anyone in the Philly area
SweetestYouW... : (30 July 2014 - 01:34 AM) :)
JasminDemure : (29 July 2014 - 03:57 AM) Hi all
UsernameOpti... : (28 July 2014 - 04:03 PM) Happy Birthday, tsaimeesp
Gennee : (21 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) Hi Imriya.     :D
imriya : (18 July 2014 - 11:33 PM) hi all
Avalon : (16 July 2014 - 11:47 AM) :)
UsernameOpti... : (14 July 2014 - 09:31 PM) Happy Birthday, Shannon & PorshaMarie
UsernameOpti... : (12 July 2014 - 11:04 PM) Happy Birthday, Dawn13 & Brittany
UsernameOpti... : (12 July 2014 - 08:22 PM) Why does the media continue to mistakenly identify anti-TGBL haters as, "pundits?"  Doesn't calling a blithering bigot a "pundit," qualify as oxymoronic?
UsernameOpti... : (10 July 2014 - 09:16 PM) Happy Birthday, 1LynnK
Gennee : (09 July 2014 - 02:12 PM) Happy Birthday, Annie.
UsernameOpti... : (08 July 2014 - 12:29 PM) Happy Birthday, Annie
TJDavies : (05 July 2014 - 10:23 AM) Thank you ^_^  It's strange not being a teenager.
UsernameOpti... : (05 July 2014 - 08:11 AM) Hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th
UsernameOpti... : (04 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) Happy Birthday, Ty (TJDavies)
Gennee : (02 July 2014 - 06:41 PM) Hi JLynnraske.  :)
Gennee : (02 July 2014 - 06:40 PM) Hi MarshaCD.  :)
MarshaCD : (01 July 2014 - 09:29 PM) Hi all! New member here!

Petition

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Rhonda948

Rhonda948

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Tell the APA: cross dressing is not a disorder!
http://dsm.ifge.org/petition/

Gennee

Gennee

• Moderators
  • 1,625 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, Writing, Reading, Running, Soccer, Transgender Issues, Christianity, documentaries, electronics, bass guitar, lighthouses, castles.
I just signed the petition.

Gennee

:)

stephani

stephani

• Moderators
  • 1,009 posts
  • Interests:I Have to say I am flattered BY your glances But I hold nothing within other than a Little Knowledge , if this is what you seek then by all means , lets walk for a whille .
Glad to sign , as you may have noticed they are wishing to expand the classifications and such as to how Transexual woman are treated and classified within the new grouping . Not good Not good at all , I dislike the whole thing in general . I am not completely convinced that my well being should be dictated by a group or and individual who supposes to be wiser and more educated then I am , I find this hard to believe because they ( those that make such rules ) dont suffer nor have suffered from this often times dibilitating disorder . And as far as CD is concerned who do they think they are dictating what you do within your little world , do what makes you happy as long as no one is physicaly in danger from you doing so why would you even have to be reclassed within the new rules . F them , go be yourself .
I Have Fallen Down so much that my Knee's Have grown to use to being bent ....
Take your time to listen and I will give mine up to speak .I wish only to guide you to the place I searched for so long ago , take my hand and walk with us for our time is now , your time is approaching ...

http://www.hrc.org/

tbirdgal

tbirdgal

Advanced Member / Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts
  • Interests:writing, photography, history. archecture, service station stuff, decent coffee
I noticed where Cross Dressing was considered "Fetishism" Come on, so is costuming then !

LynneaUrania

LynneaUrania

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
Just signed.  Something about this classification sounds illogical to me:

If one is cross dressing because that person is exploring the idea of transition, is it a fetish?  This definition seems to classify it as so.

But transsexualism is not a fetish.  If, therefore a psychiatric professional diagnoses "gender dysphoria," is that person suddenly not pursuing a fetish anymore?  Come on.  Give us all a break.

Susane

Susane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Meeting like minded people. Rock and Roll, Reading Sci-Fi, Being contrary, Clothes and make-up, People watching, Going for coffee and cake.
When they dropped Gender Identity Disorder from the list they replaced it with Transvestite Fetishism (i think it's called) for no other reason than to have some trans* people under psychiatric supervision.  In other words if you are cross dressed and ever become sexually aroused at the same time ( it does happen) you are suddenly a fetishist.  Strange how hung up American Psychiatrists are.  More than any others they see their role as making people fit into society rather than making people happy with the way they are.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users