Change
VISITORS: Your access to view photos and site information is limited as a guest.
Click here to join now

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Gennee : (23 October 2014 - 02:38 PM) Hi Mia and welcome.   :)
mia33 : (23 October 2014 - 12:01 PM) hello everyone. i'm new of course. looking forward to meeting people here. Mia
MonicaPz : (23 October 2014 - 08:00 AM) Dawn, I look at almost everyone's photos, and comment, if I can say something nice.  Do give feedback.  Love your photos!
UsernameOpti... : (23 October 2014 - 07:54 AM) There are four ways to tell if someone has looked at a members photo album(s): 1.  They leave a comment;  2. They clik the "like" button;  3.  They rate the image;  4. You can see the number of "views" on each image.  Except for when someone leaves a comment, there is no way to know which members have viewed any one album or image.
Dawn13 : (22 October 2014 - 07:56 PM) Is anyone looking at photos?  I have posted some fairly good ones lately but cannot tell if anyone has stopped to see them?
Gennee : (22 October 2014 - 08:05 AM) Happy Birthday, Daneela!   :D
AVPerry : (22 October 2014 - 05:46 AM) I just posted in Transgender Television & Movies, check it out :) Stay Blessed!
UsernameOpti... : (21 October 2014 - 12:11 PM) Happy Birthday to Daneela
Bonnie : (21 October 2014 - 11:25 AM) Should be good now, Dawn
Dawn13 : (20 October 2014 - 11:45 AM) Bonnie - I cannot message you
Bonnie : (20 October 2014 - 11:43 AM) Hi all you new people! Welcome!  I hope we can help in whatever way you need.
Chloe4230 : (20 October 2014 - 10:06 AM) New to the site. Hi all.
TJDavies : (20 October 2014 - 08:15 AM) I GOT MY NEW BINDERRRR :D
AVPerry : (20 October 2014 - 01:03 AM) I just updated my posted in Trans Books and Print Media..check it out! Stay Blessed x
AmberShock : (19 October 2014 - 03:38 PM) Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, can't wait to explore and make some new friends.
AVPerry : (19 October 2014 - 01:31 PM) I just posted in Trans Books and Print Media..check it out! Stay Blessed x
sarah1 : (19 October 2014 - 12:20 PM) hi
GypsyMen : (19 October 2014 - 12:17 AM) Hello hello.. New here happy to meet you all
AVPerry : (18 October 2014 - 03:49 PM) Add me, I want to reach out to transgender people all round the world
CharityLynnC... : (18 October 2014 - 02:10 PM) *points to her topic in transgender care*

Petition

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Rhonda948

Rhonda948

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Tell the APA: cross dressing is not a disorder!
http://dsm.ifge.org/petition/

Gennee

Gennee

• Moderators
  • 1,672 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, Writing, Reading, Running, Soccer, Transgender Issues, Christianity, documentaries, electronics, bass guitar, lighthouses, castles.
I just signed the petition.

Gennee

:)

stephani

stephani

• Moderators
  • 1,014 posts
  • Interests:I Have to say I am flattered BY your glances But I hold nothing within other than a Little Knowledge , if this is what you seek then by all means , lets walk for a whille .
Glad to sign , as you may have noticed they are wishing to expand the classifications and such as to how Transexual woman are treated and classified within the new grouping . Not good Not good at all , I dislike the whole thing in general . I am not completely convinced that my well being should be dictated by a group or and individual who supposes to be wiser and more educated then I am , I find this hard to believe because they ( those that make such rules ) dont suffer nor have suffered from this often times dibilitating disorder . And as far as CD is concerned who do they think they are dictating what you do within your little world , do what makes you happy as long as no one is physicaly in danger from you doing so why would you even have to be reclassed within the new rules . F them , go be yourself .
I Have Fallen Down so much that my Knee's Have grown to use to being bent ....
Take your time to listen and I will give mine up to speak .I wish only to guide you to the place I searched for so long ago , take my hand and walk with us for our time is now , your time is approaching ...

http://www.hrc.org/

tbirdgal

tbirdgal

Advanced Member / Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:writing, photography, history. archecture, service station stuff, decent coffee
I noticed where Cross Dressing was considered "Fetishism" Come on, so is costuming then !

LynneaUrania

LynneaUrania

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
Just signed.  Something about this classification sounds illogical to me:

If one is cross dressing because that person is exploring the idea of transition, is it a fetish?  This definition seems to classify it as so.

But transsexualism is not a fetish.  If, therefore a psychiatric professional diagnoses "gender dysphoria," is that person suddenly not pursuing a fetish anymore?  Come on.  Give us all a break.

Susane

Susane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  • Interests:Meeting like minded people. Rock and Roll, Reading Sci-Fi, Being contrary, Clothes and make-up, People watching, Going for coffee and cake.
When they dropped Gender Identity Disorder from the list they replaced it with Transvestite Fetishism (i think it's called) for no other reason than to have some trans* people under psychiatric supervision.  In other words if you are cross dressed and ever become sexually aroused at the same time ( it does happen) you are suddenly a fetishist.  Strange how hung up American Psychiatrists are.  More than any others they see their role as making people fit into society rather than making people happy with the way they are.

MonicaPz

MonicaPz

• Moderators
  • 74 posts
  • Interests:Am a GG Lesbian with an open mind. Have had many TG friends when I lived in Florida. Exploring art and photography. Enjoy coffee houses with live music. Visit museums and art galleries.
The APA needs to be concerned about REAL mental disorders!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users