Change
VISITORS: Your access to view photos and site information is limited as a guest.
Click here to join now

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

cross2play : (25 November 2014 - 06:50 PM) And subscribe so I can make more videio's :)
cross2play : (25 November 2014 - 06:47 PM) jennifer38 watch my youtube channel - its exactly for conflicting self's!
EmmaSweet : (25 November 2014 - 04:42 PM) I'd found it this morning in the Hurfington Post and added it as a comment to my blog post on depression and suicide: http://www.huffingto...lar,transgender
CharityLynnC... : (25 November 2014 - 04:35 PM) yw ... postively trans facebook group  posted this and ive been posting this everywhere i can
UsernameOpti... : (25 November 2014 - 04:16 PM) A big thanks to Charity Lynn for finding this website.  We have added this link to the list of online resources in the Mental Health and Crisis Intervention forum.   As always, if you or someone you know is in IMMEDIATE danger of harm, dial 911 or the emergency number in your area.
CharityLynnC... : (25 November 2014 - 01:24 PM) if you know anyone in the transgender community who is feeling suicidal..please give them this website that has a  number they can call for help. http://www.translifeline.org/
jennifer38 : (25 November 2014 - 11:54 AM) I got my blog up and running!  Hallelujah!
jennifer38 : (25 November 2014 - 10:49 AM) I've been trying, all day, to start a blog.  I created it, but I can't find where to type the main text of my entries.  For now, I seem to have the easiest time with the shoutbox.  I know I'm heard, here, for sure, and I can easily find other stuff I've already typed, here.
CharityLynnC... : (25 November 2014 - 10:23 AM) transgender suicide hotline has arrived for those in need. http://www.translifeline.org/
EmmaSweet : (25 November 2014 - 07:21 AM) Hi Jennifer, I suggest you start a blog on this topic and any others that you have now or later. I'm sure there are people here, like me, who would be happy to help however we can.
pushkal : (25 November 2014 - 05:34 AM) Hello to all
jennifer38 : (25 November 2014 - 04:36 AM) Good morning all.  Its after 7 AM Eastern.  Cold weather's coming back to PA.  Yuck.  Anyway, in response to someone I read, I would like to start a thread on my unique issues.  I wonder if this is what intersexed is.  When setting up my account, I wasn't sure which gender option to choose.  All I know is, I want to honestly state my true physical makeup as a man, but just as honestly confess my internal female feelings.  I've always wanted to meet other people in my exact situation.  I trust I am not alone in this, and this forum is a great way to vent these feelings I cannot just tell anyone.  At least I shouldn't be criticized or judged for this.  I'd certainly get it if I told family and church members.  I've hinted at it to my family, but I definitely did not go into all the vivid detail like I'm doing here.
pushkal : (25 November 2014 - 02:09 AM) I had purchased The Ultimate Genital Hiding Gaff Pink "Satin"
pushkal : (24 November 2014 - 11:25 PM) I want to appear in public as transgender
UsernameOpti... : (24 November 2014 - 10:39 PM) Hello jennifer38, and welcome.  Perhaps you would consider starting a thread on this topic - there may be others who encounter the same issues.
jennifer38 : (24 November 2014 - 07:57 PM) Here's where things get tricky.  I like my short hair and men's clothes, but my inner self feels feminine, and it is for that reason I crave the right to use ladies' bathrooms.  My inner and outer selves are constantly at war.  I've been deathly afraid to openly tell anybody outside the TG community.  I'm glad I can open up, here.  Please, any ladies on here, talk to me when you can.  I'd like that.
PamalaFlinn : (24 November 2014 - 07:57 PM) Sometimes it is better to bite the upper lip and give the flies the honey . You will be better off in the long run . Stand clear flies for the future may hold new truths.
PamalaFlinn : (24 November 2014 - 07:52 PM) One's most inner instincts must be trusted.
PamalaFlinn : (24 November 2014 - 07:46 PM) Can one carry a relationship with someone they have never met in person ; To build , grow , and flourish . One
jennifer38 : (24 November 2014 - 07:41 PM) Hi, everyone.  I;m new at this.  I am a man on the outside, but a girl inside.  I'm 38 and I've been blind all my life.  I fit in the category of non-op.  In the real world, I am forced to be a man, but on here, I'm glad I can be one of the ladies.  I am glad I found this site.  After several attempts, I finally was able to create my account.  Perseverance pays off.  Anyway, I'm glad to be on here.  I am glad I can declare myself TG based on feelings.  I can forget about the external for a while.

Voice

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

pinkkoala

pinkkoala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:My Job, My Life, Singing (Amateur but good), Music (Who doesn't like music), Stand up Comics (They make me laugh),
Voice Training 101
I sang a lot as a teen.   I sang male and female vocals.  This part of my transition has been pretty easy.  I have some tricks I would like to show you.  I also have some suggestions for those who would get a vocal cord cut.  DON'T.  At this point the doctors do not know what they are doing.

How to sound feminine.
A.  You may have read this elsewhere, but I would like you to do it anyway.  Place one finger below your adams apple.  Place a finger from the other hand above the adam's apple.  I would like you to sound more feminine and notice that when you sound more feminine, the adam's apple is pretty flat.  This is important.
B.  You will probably notice that you cannot raise your voice or get excited or anything like this while conciously trying to keep the Adam's apple flat.  
C.  The trick.  This is important.
D  Do not try to keep your Adam's apple flat.  This does not work.
E.  The voice box is controlled by the muscles in your neck.  It does not expand and contract and shift based on what you think is going to come out.  It does not really matter that you have a male voice box.  The male voice box is actually an addition to the female voice box, and includes all the female parts.  What matters is the muscles that you use when speaking.
F.  Here is how I can consistantly produce a feminie voice.
G.  Send $19.95 to........................That was a joke........this is free
H.  Place your fingers on the base of your throat.  When you speak,  This should be the area that is most highly flexed and that you will pay the most attention to.  This is the primary area of focus.
I.  Place your hand in the section between the base of your throat and the base of your Adam's apple.  I will call this area the secondary focus.  
J.  When you speak, try to have the primary focus area (the base of your neck) fully flexed, and the secondary area as flexed as you can (or as relaxed as you can......the secondary area can be played with).  The vocal output should be a feminie voice.

Rant.  The people doing throat jobs are doctors.  Why have they not considered just cutting the muscles in the neck that lengthen and expand the voice box instead of butchering people???????!!!!!!!!
Oh, I can sing this way, but not really as well as I could with my full voice........I think I may be able to some day......but not yet.
I practice to Joan Jett Music.  I can do I love rock and roll pretty well...........Bad reputiation leaves me in the dust.

pinkkoala

pinkkoala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:My Job, My Life, Singing (Amateur but good), Music (Who doesn't like music), Stand up Comics (They make me laugh),
PS
I said I was joking about the $19.95 and I was.............................but....................if anyone found this really helpful and you have some sugar daddy or a financial tip or some means for paying for my SRS please hook me up.  I am a poor girl.  I work for a living.
I hope the technique helps.  I can produce a female voice in a raised tone with this technque.  I do not have to sound all whispery and fake.  Keep the base of your neck flexed and keep the portion up to your adam's apple more relaxed but with some attention.  I think you will find that if the base of your neck is relaxed you will sound like a boy.  Also, if the area above the adam's apple is flexed, you will have a boyish tone.
Sugar Daddy hookups are accepted.   I beg I plead I cry.

pinkkoala

pinkkoala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
I should also have stressed that tension in any muscles above the Adam's apple will throw you way off.  This includes the muscles at the base of the face, between your neck and your chin.
It is not really about relaxing everything either.  If everything is completely relaxed you will sound fake.
Recap.........all muscles above the adam's apple need to be relaxed.  The base of the neck needs to have the most attention.........the area between the base of your neck and your adam's apple can be flexed, but not as much as the base of your neck.

Daneela

Daneela

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • Interests:Needlecraft, baking, computing, F&SF
Hi Pink,

I'm sorry dear but I don't understand what you mean by "flex" an area or muscle.  I understand tighten and relax and you mention a degree of relaxation but somewhere in between.  I don't ask to you get medically specific but since I have never had any voice coaching of any kind, I don't quite get it.  Please try again.  Thanks.

HUGG

pinkkoala

pinkkoala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
I guess tension would be a better word than flexing.
I thnk the most important part is to keep eveything above the adam's apple relaxed.  Any tension above the adams apple will cause you to sound boyish.
However, the muscles below the adams apple are important as well.  If you relax the lower muscles you can also sound like a boy.
I do not mean flex really, more like taut, or even active.  I really am not suggetting you actually flex your throat.  And it is more a gentle tautness than a hard tautness.
I might describe it as singing from the base of my neck.  Try focusing on your lower neck muscles when you talk.  The muscles here should be the ones most in use.

stephani

stephani

• Moderators
  • 1,014 posts
  • Interests:I Have to say I am flattered BY your glances But I hold nothing within other than a Little Knowledge , if this is what you seek then by all means , lets walk for a whille .
yeah , pretty much right if your in the range you are going to normaly speak in All day and night you will notice that your adams apple disapears into your throat , very nicelly done hun, I figured that out a long time ago but never really knew how to state it , it isnt about going to falsetto because that hurts the cords and puts undue strain upon them , relaxed normal tension in the lower middle of your throat and not so much out of the lower lower were the male resinance comes from . just slightly above and you wont appear to be forcing unnatural speach . also inflection is the greatest alli in this , speak overly fem inflections and you sound sorry like a gay male , to little and your whispering again stop it . LOL , only sing if you can the guy in the car next to you will thank you LOL.... sorry thats me , nah I am very good at it I get alot of Oh my god stairs from my passengers , especially when I hit those high long hold notes ( amy from evanesance knows  and so do I oh yeah she aint got nothin I cant hit well ok two notes that HURT hahaha ) .... now country yeash sounds like a cow pie flopping onto the ground LOL... Just take your mouth look into a mirror and start moving your lips opening up and smiling while you talk normaly in lower middle throat ... some tones will automaticsally enter into head voice some will go under into male range its ok this is normal both men and woman do it as they speak its just to what degree it happens makes a difference , and for gods sake stop that anoying click no woman does that unless she has won an argument and the man doesnt know he's lost it  ... LOL, oh and "It's fine" heehee oh you girls know what that means ...just a little extra since we were talking girl talk.

oh just a side note even though HRT wont change your pitch it will help with inflection . oh and move your hands you lazy bleep's no woman talks with their hands standing still , if she did she'd fall over we flutter while we are chattering , now when we are mad , folded arms a cocked body and head , shoulder out and that are you talking to me look as we are reaming out that bozzo oh yes we did....

good luckk and this only cost you the time to read it ....Ha beat that summer special will you... LOL love and hugs sister pinkkoala ah and I love pink so your a pink koala I love you as well .. :)

Hugs
Stephani
I Have Fallen Down so much that my Knee's Have grown to use to being bent ....
Take your time to listen and I will give mine up to speak .I wish only to guide you to the place I searched for so long ago , take my hand and walk with us for our time is now , your time is approaching ...

http://www.hrc.org/

pinkkoala

pinkkoala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Love you too Steph

Also....singing is a good teacher.  When you sing, you have to adjust your attitude continuallly.  Sometimes you listen to the music to grab your tone and pitch........sometimes you relax and sing when your on the right track.....and sometimes you let it really let go and sing your heart out (or maybe let loose and enjoy yourself is a better description).

It takes practice.........

For me I find I am sometimes too stressed or tired for it........I can't do a female voice on a friday.........

Any one have any tips for feeling and acting more feminine when stressed?

stephani

stephani

• Moderators
  • 1,014 posts
  • Interests:I Have to say I am flattered BY your glances But I hold nothing within other than a Little Knowledge , if this is what you seek then by all means , lets walk for a whille .
I think some one else needs to field the femanine when your stressed because I am a real B , stress makes us this way I suppose LOL, I am sorry for my bitchyness my friends I can't excuse my actions or words as of late I know I am stressed and it shows apparently. Hugs hun good luck with the stressed womanhood I am trying to deal with that myself . LOL what a mess I am hahaha.

hugs
Stephani
I Have Fallen Down so much that my Knee's Have grown to use to being bent ....
Take your time to listen and I will give mine up to speak .I wish only to guide you to the place I searched for so long ago , take my hand and walk with us for our time is now , your time is approaching ...

http://www.hrc.org/

pinkkoala

pinkkoala

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
I have been doing some more analysis of muscles and the voice issue.  I have had a couple of revalations

A.  There are two area's of your face we are going to focus on.  This is a tactile lesson.  You will be using your fingers to explore your throat and neck.
B.  Talk.  While talking, place your fingers  just below your chin.  If the muscles between your chin and your laranyx are tight, you are probably blowing it.
C.  Talk.  Feel the very base of your neck, at the sides.  If these muscles are tense, they will also make you sound male.
D.  This is a ganeral technique I have begun to use and it is hard to master.  Speak from just above the base of your throat.  Keep the back part of your mouth as open as you can.  Enunciate with your lips when possible.

This technique is an art form and hard to master.  I think points B and C above may clue you in to ways to reduce outright failures in female pitch.  I believe the most important part of the female vocal tone is attitude, but the pointers above may help when your attitude is right and your tone is all off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users