Change
VISITORS: Your access to view photos and site information is limited as a guest.
Click here to join now

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

TJDavies : (20 October 2014 - 08:15 AM) I GOT MY NEW BINDERRRR :D
AVPerry : (20 October 2014 - 01:03 AM) I just updated my posted in Trans Books and Print Media..check it out! Stay Blessed x
AmberShock : (19 October 2014 - 03:38 PM) Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, can't wait to explore and make some new friends.
AVPerry : (19 October 2014 - 01:31 PM) I just posted in Trans Books and Print Media..check it out! Stay Blessed x
sarah1 : (19 October 2014 - 12:20 PM) hi
GypsyMen : (19 October 2014 - 12:17 AM) Hello hello.. New here happy to meet you all
AVPerry : (18 October 2014 - 03:49 PM) Add me, I want to reach out to transgender people all round the world
CharityLynnC... : (18 October 2014 - 02:10 PM) *points to her topic in transgender care*
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 08:17 PM) Again Thanks Monica - I have a new FB account and a new e-mail where I can be free.
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 05:41 PM) Thanks - Monica
MonicaPz : (16 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) The safest way to set up two FB accounts is to have two e-mail addresses (one Dawn, the other your male name), two snail mail addresses (Dawn would have a P.O. Box, your male self, street address, etc.  Keep ALL information TOTALLY DIFFERENT between the two FB accounts.
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 07:14 AM) Can anyone direct me to a good set of info on how to set up a second FB account using Dawn as my site name.  Regretfully, I still have to live two lives and do not wish to have FB join the two of them.  Maybe this is impossible.
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 05:59 AM) Please send me mail - plenty of room in my mailbox now!
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 04:44 AM) Now it is my mailbox that is full - Will clear ASAP!
Dawn13 : (15 October 2014 - 06:21 PM) Hello msaleemb
msaleemb : (14 October 2014 - 11:08 PM) Hi
vixxxen : (14 October 2014 - 05:24 PM) Seen you welcome me Dawn13 thank you :smile:
cross2play : (14 October 2014 - 03:53 PM) My favorite msg forums Tgguide
Dawn13 : (14 October 2014 - 11:40 AM) Welcome vixxxen
vixxxen : (14 October 2014 - 09:23 AM) Brand new here hi all

Cop Arrested After Altercation Involving Gun, Trans Women

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Shannon

Shannon

Senior Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,029 posts
"More details are now emerging regarding an early morning shooting involving an off-duty police officer and three individuals, two of whom are transgender. The police officer involved in the incident, who has not been identified, has been arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon and driving while intoxicated -- and LGBT advocates are planning an immediate response..."

More: http://dcist.com/201...ns_violence.php
ƃuoɹʍ llɐ ʇno əɯɐɔ ʇɐɥʇ

Shannon

Shannon

Senior Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,029 posts
UPDATE: Further Details Emerge in Police Shooting with Transgender Women

"Court documents have revealed more details on what happened during an incident Friday morning that led to the arrest of an off-duty D.C. Police officer for assault with a deadly weapon and driving while intoxicated. Police say Officer Kenneth Furr jumped onto the hood of the victims' car and shouted, "I'm gonna kill you," and fired multiple times; five shells were recovered. While in custody, Furr blew a .15 on a breathalyzer test..."

More: http://dcist.com/201...n_police_sh.php
ƃuoɹʍ llɐ ʇno əɯɐɔ ʇɐɥʇ

Gennee

Gennee

• Moderators
  • 1,666 posts
  • Interests:Poetry, Writing, Reading, Running, Soccer, Transgender Issues, Christianity, documentaries, electronics, bass guitar, lighthouses, castles.
A lot has been going on in Washington D.C. lately. Trans women seem to get a hard time there.

Gennee

:(

Shannon

Shannon

Senior Moderator

• Moderators
  • 1,029 posts

View PostGennee, on 29 August 2011 - 08:50 AM, said:

A lot has been going on in Washington D.C. lately. Trans women seem to get a hard time there.

Gennee

:(

I've been noticing that too. :(
ƃuoɹʍ llɐ ʇno əɯɐɔ ʇɐɥʇ

UsernameOptional

UsernameOptional

Forum Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,774 posts
"Furr -- a 20-year-veteran of the Metropolitan Police Department -- has been charged with driving while intoxicated and assault with a dangerous weapon. Police say he was on restricted duty due to a medical condition at the time of the shooting. His service weapon had been turned in to the department, and police say he was not authorized to carry a firearm." -wtop.com
So uh, after screaming "I'm gonna kill you," why isn't this bozo being charged with attempted murder instead of just assault with a dangerous weapon. I mean, if I tell you I'm gonna kill you, and then fire on you...isn't is safe to assume it was my intent to kill you?

And isn't a gun a deadly weapon? Seems to me this should have at least been assault with a deadly weapon? Hardly seems like a coincidence that Furr ran into this same group of people twice in one nite. Doesn't sound to me like he was intent on just assaulting someone.

"Furr also previously had been fired but was later reinstated by MPD." -wtop.com
Hmmmmm...

-Michael

Let there be light...and blind the unenlightenable! -DML/2006

stephani

stephani

• Moderators
  • 1,014 posts
  • Interests:I Have to say I am flattered BY your glances But I hold nothing within other than a Little Knowledge , if this is what you seek then by all means , lets walk for a whille .
Hang em high , let em swing low .... I have never liked DC it is a very nasty place in my oppinion I know some will say its a great place but I have yet to find any reason to feel any differently about it . Prove me wrong I would love to be excited about our nations capitol .

I think the contradictory standards for law enforcement officers is absolutly appoling to say the least . they enforce laws on others yet are seldom subject to abide by them , gggrrrr , I give no more to be said or I am going to loose my composer.

Stephani
I Have Fallen Down so much that my Knee's Have grown to use to being bent ....
Take your time to listen and I will give mine up to speak .I wish only to guide you to the place I searched for so long ago , take my hand and walk with us for our time is now , your time is approaching ...

http://www.hrc.org/

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
  • Interests:Travel, horses, scuba diving, computers
DC Officer Indicted
WAMU
There have been several reported instances of violence against transgendered women at the hands of DC police, according to transgender rights activists. A DC police officer has been indicted for assault with intent to kill, and if found guilty, could face up to 30 years in jail...

If you want what you've never had, you've got to do what you've never done.

UsernameOptional

UsernameOptional

Forum Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,774 posts
"The activists say Police Chief Cathy Lanier has been unable to curb trans-phobic behavior by District police officers. Lanier denies the accusations." -D.C. Officer Allegedly Solicits Transgender Prostitute, wamu.org

Unable?  Or unwilling?  I say send the offenders to sensativity training one time, then fire them the next time something happens.  Her included...

UsernameOptional

UsernameOptional

Forum Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,774 posts
UPDATE --

Off-duty MPD officer accused of shooting at group including two transgender women receives suspended sentence, credit for time served
By John Riley, Published on January 10, 2013, 5:13pm
"Kenneth Furr, the Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) officer accused of shooting his service weapon while off-duty at a car of five people, including two transgender women, was sentenced today in D.C. Superior Court to three years' probation, 100 hours of community service and a $150 fine. Sentencing follows a jury's October 2012 finding of Furr guilty of one count of assault with a dangerous weapon and one count of sexual solicitation for prostitution."  --metroweekly.com

Furr Sentenced to Probation, Community Service

Bonnie

Bonnie

Senior Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2,152 posts
The guy deserves more but since he didn't kill anyone they figure it was not as bad as could have been.  Still he shot at people with the intent to kill did he not?  Transgenderism doesn't even enter into this.  He shot at 5 women.

Bonnie

UsernameOptional

UsernameOptional

Forum Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,774 posts
Considering he was fired once before...in my book that is an indication that he might be a problem.  I realize we don't know the details of what got him fired, but we also don't know the facts that got him his job back.  It could have been a case where the City didn't follow procedures and he could have gotten his job back on a technicality - I've seen it happen.

I don't believe the average citizen would have gotten just three years probation, 100 hours community service and a small fine.  I would be willing to bet my next check that Joe Blow would have gotten some time inside for shooting/shooting at five people, and yelling he's gonna kill them - whether the victims were trans or not.  A few extra days would have been tacked on for the alleged solicitation of prostitution.

CharityLynnCaswell

CharityLynnCaswell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts
A Washington, D.C. police officer who fired multiple shots into a car with three transgender women and their friends is getting off easy, and the transgender community has reacted with outrage.

http://www.alternet....ansgender-women
Posted Image

MaryEllen

MaryEllen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Gardening, computer surfing, firearm collecting
Police protect their own. Unless it was blatantly obvious that the officers shooting wasn't justified an internal investigation will find that the officer(s) acted appropriately.
Live Life To The Fullest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users