Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I need help with makeup how to`s

11 posts in this topic

Posted

I really need help, with hair and makeup tips and how to's.Please help a girl out.......ty

3 people like this

Posted

Mikala - Certainly. First of all, there's some basic tips (with an obvious brand bias) over at http://www.covergirl.com and much more detailed explanations for specific looks at http://www.youtube.com/user/MichellePhan . The best personal tip I can give is don't go overboard. There are a lot of types of makeup out there, but you don't need to use them all (actually, a lot of them serve really similar purposes for the same areas). I use liquid foundation (foundation will probably be a makeup essential), generic waterproof mascara, generic light violet eye shadow (with purple above my lids), and Born With It lipstick. I specify Born With It because it's the only color I've found that seems really natural for my face. Then again, I really go for the natural look. You may very well want to cover your face in white powder, clump on mascara and eye liner, and get the deepest red lipstick you can for all I know. What's more, it might work for you.

Oh, and an eyelash curler and tweezers help a lot, too. If you're planning on living as a man in your day-to-day life, thinning out your eyebrows may be a little weird, but it makes a big difference.

I can't help out with hair at all because I put absolutely no effort into my hair. It just kind of falls into place, other than my ahoge. But hey, it's a good look for my hair type and facial structure (very thin, straight hair and a long face [why the long face, Lincoln? genetics?])

3 people like this

Posted

I was going to say the You tube channels are many and great when it comes to make up tips and as for hair goto a hair dresser and try to figure out the best cut for your facial features , mine well still a work in progress LOL .. but one thing I do know is that without my hair band (wide) no one would know who I was because I always were one , find something everyone can connect to you that works ... also you may need little to no make up simply some lipstick , I can get away with two things lipstick and a half inch line above and below my eye of eye liner , I can also go with the rest if I feel in the mood but look around 90% of GG's dont have hardly anything on , old rule holds true you Know about the KISS rule (Keep It Simple Stupid) nothing could be closest to the fact less really is more especially when dealing with makeup.

Hugs have fun discovering your personal look

Stephani

2 people like this

Posted

IMHO....(from personal experience).....I spend many many hours in Photoshop...trying to get my look just as I want it ...then slowly try and re create on me!......FYI if anyone wants me to take a go at their image let me know......it's fun and a great way to learn what suites you ....... ;)

2 people like this

Posted

IMHO....(from personal experience).....I spend many many hours in Photoshop...trying to get my look just as I want it ...then slowly try and re create on me!......FYI if anyone wants me to take a go at their image let me know......it's fun and a great way to learn what suites you ....... ;)

I know this is a bit of an old post, but I would love some ideas for myself.....I can get you a better picture then the one with my profile if you send me a PM....

Thanks,

Roberta

1 person likes this

Posted

alexis, I have had so much fun in photoshop, I love the airbrush, and the liquefier tool is great for virtual FFS. Havn't got Photoshop at present thou when I do my graphic art will have one theme ' Feminisation ' :)

RE: Makeup Maya, Steph thanks for the info :)

1 person likes this

Posted

photo shop is a good start but as i belive a trained makeup artist and photographer will bring out every beautiful aspect that you hold .

I will always say try different things out , but your going to find That Simple will always bring out the most impact

eye shadow

eye liner

mascara

lip liner

lip stick

blush

most enhancing items no need for alot but can always bring out the most for the least amount of time and effort .

2 people like this

Posted

Thanks for the ideas, I will be doing some testing out Monday, got another meetup that night at Sue Ellen's here in Dallas, and I also got a wig, so that will be a vast improvement over going with no hair

1 person likes this

Posted

My granddaught is a teenager now and I expect she will be learning make-up with her friends before long. I think I may ask her advice soon on all fashion topics, teehee.

1 person likes this

Posted

Danella , teenagers tend to "Over do it " , especially in the mascara departments . They want a "Dramatic " effect mostly. We older folks do well when it's a "Blended " and "Muted " effect for the most part ...........

1 person likes this

Posted

Less can be more - basic base makeup matched to your skin is good. There is a men's (stage) makeup & concealer called Menaji - really works well. I have also used cover girl liquid but this make up is harder to use without looking a bit fakey. Always use mascara and a light blush product. Really don't need much blush. Unless you have a major brow issue just a fine line of dark brow pencil and then brush it in. It is easy to go overboard with eye lining and shadow. I actually love to play with colorful combinations but this is where mistakes are usually made. Better to brush some light brown around the eyes and call it a day. (Again less is more.) Lips can also be over done. Line lips = OK. More lip plumping and less lip coating. Do use a lip gloss top coat. I love lip gloss. Dawn

1 person likes this