Change
VISITORS: Your access to view photos and site information is limited as a guest.
Click here to join now

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

UsernameOpti... : (18 April 2014 - 08:09 PM) Hello to:  Starburst, SarahMarie, andymiles01, JuliaC, brookbird, KathrynCamfield and nicole13...Welcome to TGG
UsernameOpti... : (14 April 2014 - 02:18 PM) Hello to:  StefanieStefani, Fred, Egc382, poshgirl, SabrinaFatale, LauriePlumb, Roberta4t, Way2beme, Crystal43938, moutaz123, lindsaysayland, Dialma, Rileytroop, volcrazy40, AbigailGreen, CBorden, Sabrina, amanstarr, yoloynot, Hesmyfriend, alexandrous and vigor003...Welcome to TGG
Hesmyfriend : (12 April 2014 - 11:23 PM) Hello to everyone.
Sabrina : (12 April 2014 - 12:00 AM) hello
AbigailGreen : (10 April 2014 - 11:10 AM) Hey am new to the site, just thought i'd say hi lol
stephani : (05 April 2014 - 10:29 PM) Hello and Welcome To All The New Members.
Egc382 : (05 April 2014 - 03:03 PM) Hello everybody, I just joined. Looking forward to interacting with everyone.
Fred : (04 April 2014 - 12:57 AM) Hey guys
UsernameOpti... : (03 April 2014 - 03:24 PM) Hello to:  Raisin, missdelecia, cat, Tgirlinodessa, kml, rashu, ronny, logstud3, teana87, KatyaMarincheva, MelanieH74, krenraf, Der48735, jesretoj, steve212, oneshyguy420, sarahlambert, bugswanny, frankmc73, ilovecrossdressing, Hannah, kittyxoxo, Niki, Kimmeycd, CandyCox, litimmy45, hcurt, ucyll, Pleasegetatme, monumentalaccount, Hisprincess101010, AshtonEcstacy, GarieJeane, Deegirl, Zohan, golferfan59 and brandystone53...Welcome to TGG
Zohan : (02 April 2014 - 10:10 AM) Hello everyone
GarieJeane : (01 April 2014 - 06:45 AM) Hello everyone
AshtonEcstacy : (01 April 2014 - 02:59 AM) ello
Sarah1967 : (26 March 2014 - 03:53 PM) Hi
Gennee : (26 March 2014 - 07:25 AM) Happy birthday,Trinity and Liz. :)
steve212 : (25 March 2014 - 03:34 PM) hi everybody
stephani : (24 March 2014 - 11:21 AM) Hello Every one I am not Dead nor have I forgotten about My favorite Group of loving individuals and family that I have here. I and April are doing what we can to survive and get through to the next day and she wishes everyone well and big hugs/
teana87 : (23 March 2014 - 04:48 PM) hi to all that  are on rigth now
freshstreams : (22 March 2014 - 12:04 PM) Poof!
Gennee : (18 March 2014 - 01:35 PM) Happy Birthday!
UsernameOpti... : (17 March 2014 - 06:30 PM) Hello to:  Evaxxx and sandal97...Welcome to TGG ...  A belated Welcome to:  myheartfourheart, tsjessy2, bernie, merrittjr, Kayla, Cfayton, triciamaddox2 & Berta82

I need help with makeup how to`s

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Mikala

Mikala

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Being true to myself
I really need help, with hair and makeup tips and how to's.Please help a girl out.......ty

MayaZ

MayaZ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  • Interests:Mathematics, Music, Puzzles
Mikala - Certainly.  First of all, there's some basic tips (with an obvious brand bias) over at http://www.covergirl.com and much more detailed explanations for specific looks at http://www.youtube.c...er/MichellePhan .  The best personal tip I can give is don't go overboard.  There are a lot of types of makeup out there, but you don't need to use them all (actually, a lot of them serve really similar purposes for the same areas).  I use liquid foundation (foundation will probably be a makeup essential), generic waterproof mascara, generic light violet eye shadow (with purple above my lids), and Born With It lipstick.  I specify Born With It because it's the only color I've found that seems really natural for my face.  Then again, I really go for the natural look.  You may very well want to cover your face in white powder, clump on mascara and eye liner, and get the deepest red lipstick you can for all I know.  What's more, it might work for you.  

Oh, and an eyelash curler and tweezers help a lot, too.  If you're planning on living as a man in your day-to-day life, thinning out your eyebrows may be a little weird, but it makes a big difference.

I can't help out with hair at all because I put absolutely no effort into my hair.  It just kind of falls into place, other than my ahoge.  But hey, it's a good look for my hair type and facial structure (very thin, straight hair and a long face [why the long face, Lincoln? genetics?])
Wouldn't the sentence "I want to put a hyphen between the words Rock and And and And and Roll in my 'Rock And Roll' sign," have been clearer if quotation marks had been placed before Rock and between Rock and and and and and And and And and and and and and And and And and and and and and Roll, as well as after Roll?

stephani

stephani

• Moderators
  • 1,009 posts
  • Interests:I Have to say I am flattered BY your glances But I hold nothing within other than a Little Knowledge , if this is what you seek then by all means , lets walk for a whille .
I was going to say the You tube channels are many and great when it comes to make up tips and as for hair goto a hair dresser and try to figure out the best cut for your facial features , mine well still a work in progress LOL .. but one thing I do know is that without my hair band (wide) no one would know who I was because I always were one , find something everyone can connect to you that works ... also you may need little to no make up simply some lipstick , I can get away with two things lipstick and a half inch line above and below my eye of eye liner , I can also go with the rest if I feel in the mood but look around 90% of GG's dont have hardly anything on , old rule holds true you Know about the KISS rule  (Keep It Simple Stupid) nothing could be closest to the fact  less really is more especially when dealing with makeup.

Hugs have fun discovering your personal look
Stephani
I Have Fallen Down so much that my Knee's Have grown to use to being bent ....
Take your time to listen and I will give mine up to speak .I wish only to guide you to the place I searched for so long ago , take my hand and walk with us for our time is now , your time is approaching ...

http://www.hrc.org/

alexiscd4you

alexiscd4you

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
IMHO....(from personal experience).....I spend many many hours in Photoshop...trying to get my look just as I want it ...then slowly try and re create on me!......FYI if anyone wants me to take a go at their  image  let me know......it's fun and a great way to learn what suites you ....... ;)

minyteTX

minyteTX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

View Postalexiscd4you, on 27 January 2012 - 06:29 AM, said:

IMHO....(from personal experience).....I spend many many hours in Photoshop...trying to get my look just as I want it ...then slowly try and re create on me!......FYI if anyone wants me to take a go at their  image  let me know......it's fun and a great way to learn what suites you ....... ;)

I know this is a bit of an old post, but I would love some ideas for myself.....I can get you a better picture then the one with my profile if you send me a PM....
Thanks,
Roberta

DSCN3088.JPG
Rebecka Lynn Midnyte

Calista

Calista

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

View Postalexiscd4you, on 27 January 2012 - 06:29 AM, said:

alexis, I have had so much fun in photoshop, I love the airbrush, and the liquefier tool is great for virtual FFS. Havn't got Photoshop at present thou when I do my graphic art will have one theme ' Feminisation ' :)

RE: Makeup Maya, Steph thanks for the info :)
Doing what you like is Freedom, Liking what you do is happiness - Allen Ginsberg

stephani

stephani

• Moderators
  • 1,009 posts
  • Interests:I Have to say I am flattered BY your glances But I hold nothing within other than a Little Knowledge , if this is what you seek then by all means , lets walk for a whille .
photo shop is a good start but as i belive a trained makeup artist and photographer will bring out every beautiful aspect that you hold .

I will always say try different things out , but your going to find That Simple will always bring out the most impact

eye shadow
eye liner
mascara
lip liner
lip stick
blush

most enhancing items no need for alot but can always bring out the most for the least amount of time and effort .
I Have Fallen Down so much that my Knee's Have grown to use to being bent ....
Take your time to listen and I will give mine up to speak .I wish only to guide you to the place I searched for so long ago , take my hand and walk with us for our time is now , your time is approaching ...

http://www.hrc.org/

minyteTX

minyteTX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
Thanks for the ideas, I will be doing some testing out Monday, got another meetup that night at Sue Ellen's here in Dallas, and I also got a wig, so that will be a vast improvement over going with no hair

DSCN3088.JPG
Rebecka Lynn Midnyte

Daneela

Daneela

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 651 posts
  • Interests:Needlecraft, baking, computing, F&SF
My granddaught is a teenager now and I expect she will be learning make-up with her friends before long. I think I may ask her advice soon on all fashion topics, teehee.

tbirdgal

tbirdgal

Advanced Member / Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts
  • Interests:writing, photography, history. archecture, service station stuff, decent coffee
Danella , teenagers tend to "Over do it " , especially in the mascara departments . They want a "Dramatic " effect mostly. We older folks do well when it's  a "Blended " and "Muted " effect for the most part ...........

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users