My Transsexual Summer: New 4 part documentry on transgender people

31 posts in this topic

Posted

My Transsexual Summer New 4 parter starting in November 2011.

http://www.channel4....tor-biographies

The Karen mentioned is a very good friend of mine.

Hugs

Caroline

2 people like this

Posted

It would be very interesting to watch the series.

Bonnie

Posted

Does

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/4od

work where you are Bonnie, if it does you may be able to watch the series there, 1st episode I believe is transmitted on the 10th of November.

Hugs

Caroline

Posted

Not that I am aware of. Online viewing would be good if possible.

Bonnie

Posted

No, I just tried it. Darn, it looked like a good series :(

Posted

You could try using a proxy to make it think you are in the UK

http://hurwi.net/blog/?p=28

Hugs

Caroline

Posted

You could try using a proxy to make it think you are in the UK

http://hurwi.net/blog/?p=28

Hugs

Caroline

Thanks Caroline, I shall try that ... wasn't even aware you could do that :)

Beth

Posted

Please, dears, keep us all informed as the date approaches. I wish it will be on BBC America or PBS. Even Logo would be nice.

Posted

Well, the first episode was aired last night at 10pm and I really enjoyed it. It was great to see a really positive and upbeat take on being trans with the men and women involved supporting each other.

One woman had only started full time a month previously to the filming and it was so good the others helped her with her make-up and their experieences really made a difference to her confidence.

My friend's SRS was shown at the very end of this episode, again tastefully done with very little actual gore being displayed.

I'm looking forward to the next three now.

Hugs

Caroline

Posted

Try one of there links to view online out of the UK...

http://www.watchseries-online.com/2011/11/my-transsexual-summer-1x1-episode-1.html

Hugs

Caroline

1 person likes this

Posted

I just watched the first episode of this documentary on http://www.vidxden.com. I chose that from the page Caroline linked in post #10 - it was the best link after the previous four I had randomly picked out...didn't work so well, if at all. The documentary was pretty good, and I look forward to seeing the remaining episodes.

Will this be aired weekly, Caroline? Or perhaps you can pop in on the thread after each airing to give us the heads-up as to when to look for the new episodes.

Thanks for telling us about this documentary.

-Michael

Posted

I just watched the first episode of this documentary on http://www.vidxden.com. I chose that from the page Caroline linked in post #10 - it was the best link after the previous four I had randomly picked out...didn't work so well, if at all. The documentary was pretty good, and I look forward to seeing the remaining episodes.

Will this be aired weekly, Caroline? Or perhaps you can pop in on the thread after each airing to give us the heads-up as to when to look for the new episodes.

Thanks for telling us about this documentary.

-Michael

Yes Mike, Weekly

Caroline

Posted

I got the link to work Caroline, thank-you :)

Watching your friend Karen's morning before her surgery (I cried when she spoke of her daughter) made me think of my final pre-op morning, I too was strangely calm ... I found a video online of the complete procedure (since been removed), I think the video bit they showed of her surgery was just the right amount for eyes to see.

You were right about the change in Sara's confidence, a lil' help from the other girls made a world of difference!

I’m a bit of a ditz sometimes when it comes to computers, would you mind posting the next episode the same as you did in post #10?

I would appreciate it,

Thank-you,

Hugs, Beth

Posted

Episode 2 should be viewable here....

http://www.videozer.com/video/9ddqV4i

Hugs

Caroline xxx

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks again Caroline for a link to the My TS Summer series.

I have to admit, I am enjoying this much more than any other documentary I have ever seen before. I think this has been well done so far and I continue to look forward to future episodes.

Drew - I think it's fantastic that her mother is so accepting and understanding. It was amazing how emotional Drew's mum got after learning that Sarah had been [cutting], and was anxious about telling her own mum about being TS, worried that she would be rejected. It's also nice to see that Drew is beginning to venture out on her own since the night the crew had in the pub in Episode 2

Lewis - I felt bad for Lewis when he got his letter from the NHS advising that he couldn't have top surgery until after bottom surgery. I was shocked to find out that the NHS considers bottom surgery the actual sex changing surgery, billing it as top priority even for the men despite the fact that for the men, the chest is one of the visual cues that society hones in on when determining one's sex/gender...and that a female-looking chest can be just as emotionally debilitating for men as male genitals are to the women.

Sarah - it was nice that her mum didn't freak when the news was broken to her. Of course, it's possible she was in shock and just didn't know what to say...but she did comment that it was [sarah's] life. It was sorta funny when Sarah's mum commented that she thought Sarah would have picked a prettier name :lol: I just hope that Sarah's mother doesn't do a "180" on her like my mum did on me - she was fine at first, then suddenly a short few months later...she didn't want to discuss it and acted like it didn't exist.

Donna - she's a card! She's bold, fun, funny, confident, and cute to boot (despite all her piercings), thought personally I don't like that she calls herself a "tranny.". I think she did more for the group and for each individual than any therapist could have done the night they went out to the pub. It was pretty cool too how she won over people in the pub.

Karen - I hope we'll see more of her in the next episode, though I'm sure she will still be in some stage of recovery even then.

Max - appears to be a good example of a transperson who has remained devoted to his faith

Fox - like Sarah, I think this gathering has done much for his confidence

As for the mystery man who came to show off his privates - I don't know if Charing Cross' surgeons are just exceptional in thier art of fashioning genitals for transmen, or if this guy was just one of the very lucky ones. I've seen many pictures of the various choices men have for bottom surgery. As for phalloplasty, his results were probably the best I've ever seen, though I fail to understand why [all?] phalloplasty surgeons create such a large penis. I wanted to comment on this, because if a guy has never checked out some of the photo repositories online to view phalloplasty results (usually for the purpose of choosing a surgeon), this one presentation could make one believe that all guys would get the same results - and that is not true.

Posted

I think Mike summed it up very well. I too am finding this to be a realy good series.

Thank-you again Caroline, I too look forward to the next episode. I send my best wishes to your friend Karen, GRS recovery basicly consumes all your time at first, from sitz baths to (what seemed like constantly) stting up and cleaning up for dialating, life pretty much revolves around your "lady bits". One of my closer girlfriends said it must be like being reborn ... I replied "yes reborn, through my own vagina!". I'm 6 months post-op and couldn't be happier with my results.

Hugs, <3

Beth

Posted

Hi Beth,

I was hoping to have seen Karen last night but monies got in the way :(

I have heard she has been asked to do a small bit in the Channel 4's Alternative Christmas message, that should be good for her, especially if they pay her! LOL

Wonderful to hear you are flourishing post-op, the effort is all worth it.

I am so looking forward to 2012 and getting my own “lady-bits” at last and hopefully a boob job, I promise I will take the very best care of them :)

Hugs,

Caroline xoxox

Posted

Here is a Youtube interview

1 person likes this

Posted

Episode 3 can be watched here...

http://www.videozer.com/video/GlbSf42a

Posted

Thank you again Caroline for a link to the latest episode of MTS.

It was nice to see Karen back with the group though it seems she, Sarah, Max and Fox were not so much a part of the third episode.

Sometimes, some things in these show sorta make me feel uncomfortable even if I am alone. In this docu...it was the part with Fox and Lewis and the prostheses. I found it interesting that they could carry on in the bathroom road testing STPs. Can't say I would ever have been able to do that, not even to show a guy how - he'd have had to figure it out on his own.

I was glad that the coffee shop hired Drew. I think she'll do well. I hope the customers do just as well.

-Michael

Posted

This is such a great documentary Caroline!

I was so happy for Drew that I almost cried! Luis and his Dad made great strides toward a more meaningful relationship and Sara I think finally feels like a "normal girl"

I laughed out loud definitely when Karen said not to sneeze while dilating, oh my gosh, so not funny! :)

Hugs Beth

Posted

Karen and Sarah popped by my place on their way to the Liverpool - quick photo opportunity :)

Hugs

Caroline x

Posted

I found episode 4 HERE

Posted

Thanks Mike - I was a little busy and didn't have time to look for episode 4 until today.

Just in case the putlocker links here also seem to work...

http://www.vidics.eu/watch/63540/My-Transsexual-Summer-2011/Season1/Episode4.html

Hugs

Caroline