Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Botched Transgender Cosmetic Procedure

16 posts in this topic

Posted

"A transgendered doctor offering her services gave one woman the backside of her dreams according to a Miami Herald report, it also nearly killed her... The product in question is a mixture of cement, mineral oil, and super glue according to what police told the Miami paper."

Read the article: Transsexual doctor gave woman a fake butt - and it almost killed her

Posted

Another article in the New York Daily News reports that one of the substances injected was the tire repair Fix-A-Flat tire mender. It appears from photos that the "doctor" must have been using the same concoction on herself. Read the article (with photos): Transgender woman arrested after injecting Fix-A-Flat into patient’s rear end

This sad case is a good reminder for those who may consider self medicating or trying to save money by going anywhere other than a qualified medical practitioner for any transgender treatment or cosmetic procedures.

Posted

I read about other "pumping" stories and it is sad the risk one will take to save money. I do understand the need to adjust your appearance and that is why I think insurance needs to be made an option. Everything from electrolysis to gender reassignment surgery should be covered through insurance. I know there is a fine line between "cosmetic" and "medical" needs but it can be looked at and worked out. The main issue is to direct people towards proper medical facilities and care and away from unlicensed and unsafe alternatives.

Bonnie

Posted

I too have read about "Injecting Parties". One Transwoman would have it done somewhere by a person “claiming” to be a Doctor, watching the procedure and deciding it’s easy enough and the “helping” there friends at a discounted price, throw a party where they'd all get injected, sometimes with industrial grade silicones. We all want the “hourglass” ladies but People died, it was so sad. The expenses can be great and the waiting lines long however we simply must go to qualified Doctors working from proper facilities. In the best of circumstances things can sometimes have complications; they have our charts and medical histories to work with to resolve issues. Self medicating and backroom procedures are not worth the risk!

Beth

Posted

Looking at the "doctor's" photos, I think she also suffers from a sever case of body dysmorphic disorder.

Not only is it a shame that she has hurt other women with these underground methods, it's sad that she has also done that to herself. It's amazing that she isn't also suffering the ill affects of her treatments, most likely the reason her "patients" trust her.

Unfortunately, whenever a procedure is made illegal or priced beyond the means of most, there will be back alley doctors. And as long as TS people are discriminated against, marginalized and refused the use of health care benefits (even when they have them) to cover TS-related procedures, some will seek out any method possible in an attempt to be themselves.

-Michael

Posted

Wondering where they are going to incarcerate Ms Morris? I know she is out on bail but she most likely won't be after the trial or sentencing if she pleads guilty.

Bonnie

Posted

"Wondering where they are going to incarcerate Ms Morris?" -Bonnie

Surprisingly, none of the articles I have seen have mentioned whether the fix-a-flat quack is post- or pre-op. Though some post-op transpeople will forego changing gender markers, and some cannot even if they want to...I think all get their names legally changed. It might be safe to say that Ms. Morris is pre-op...and if she is, she will most likely [unfortunately] end up in a men's prison.

Posted

This is crazy. Endangering one's life for some cosmetic improvements isn't really worth it. Then again if people could get the medical procedure under Medicaid or some other service, we probably wouldn't have some of this. The medical establishment believes that SRS is cosmetic and it goes much deeper than that. Like always, the medical establishment has it all wrong.

Posted

Another victim has come forward. The victim, Rajee Narinesingh, says something we can all probably relate to...

“It becomes so dire that you want to match your outside with your inside that you’re willing to roll the dice and take your chances,” Narinesingh said of her decision to avail herself of Morris’s services. “As a transgender person, you’re thinking ‘Oh, my God, I can start to look like I want to look like and I don’t have to spend a lot of money.’”

Read the article (with video): New Victim Reveals Fake Doc’s Alleged Work

This is a very unfortunate reminder -- please do not take chances with your medical care! Only utilize the services of trained and experienced professional medical professionals. Anything else just isn't worth the risk.

Posted

“A surprising number of educated people who should know better – nurses, etc.,” also seek out backroom providers, Martin said.

This shows the desperation many have and the risks they are willing to take because of the difficulites and expense incurred to do it properly and safely.

Bonnie

Posted

“A surprising number of educated people who should know better – nurses, etc.,” also seek out backroom providers, Martin said.

This shows the desperation many have and the risks they are willing to take because of the difficulites and expense incurred to do it properly and safely.

Bonnie

And the pressures that society places on what people should look like, what's pretty, what's more desirable, what gets more attention - whether cisgender or transgender.

Posted

"Anderson Cooper" did a show on this today ... it's crazy how much of this actually does go on!

Posted

Two of Oneal Morris' victims were on the Dr. Phil show this afternoon to tell their stories.

The Butt Quack declined to be on the show, but her lawyer provided a statement, "the allegeations against my client are false. My client has never injected anyone with the items that have been reported by the police. We are prepared to vigorously defend against these outlandish allegations and I look forward to the exoneration of my client."

Morris' "assistant," who was also on the show and boasted of the fantastic results from a procedure that Morris did on him, allegedly recommended Morris to one of the women. According to him, the women knew that Morris was an "underground" doctor, but chose to go to her because [at a center, they] do not know how to shape an area exactly like the patient wants...and that is the reason people go to underground doctors - because they know how to do this. This "assistant" maintains that the only thing Morris ever injected into him was mineral oil, and alluded to there being no proof that she has ever used anything but.

Morris says the women are lying. She said she didn't know what the women's intentions are, and wondered how America could think that someone would put something like cement in another person. She said it hurts that people are saying these things about her, that she is a nice person, a sweet person and that God would prevail in her case.

Posted

Something occured to me the day after I made the above post (#14). If I'm not mistaken, the woman who had her rear-end enhanced was a cisgender woman. But let's say she was trans, and that she had health insurance...but one that would cover neither cosmetic nor trans-related procedures. Now...in reality, the woman ended up in the hospital pretty damn ill. Chances are, insurance has probably been applied to all her med bills since getting sick from the Butt Quack's ministrations. Seems to me...getting the woman back to health probably cost the insurance company just as much if not more than it might have cost them to just go ahead and cover the original procedure with a reputable medical professional.

Also, I spotted something one would think a tolerant and empathetic person would not say. I think first time around, people didn't notice it because of the shocking story about the victims. In fact, Bonnie commented on the statement, and I added to it. But today when I was reading the article again, this same statement took me by surprise - Plastic surgeon, Dr. John Martin was quoted in the CBSMiami.com article as saying, “a surprising number of educated people who should know better – nurses, etc.,” [also seek out backroom providers]."

Was he implying that transpeople, or not-so-affluent people don't know any better, or are not educated? Or did the newspiece [misrepresent] what the doctor actually said? Perhaps he just chose the wrong wording. Or did he inadvertantly tell the world what he really thinks of transpeople? Maybe I am being a tad to sensative.....