Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Transgender Woman Stabbed to Death

5 posts in this topic

Posted

India's IBNLive website's news title was "Transgender succumbs to injuries"

As if the victim were nothing more than "a transgender." This seems a very offensive article starting with the title and continuing through the body of the article. This may be one of the shortest articles you'll ever see reporting on a murder case.

BANGALORE -- "A transgender who was allegedly stabbed on October 20, succumbed to injuries at Victoria Hospital in the city. The deceased has been identified as Naveena alias Preethi (32). Abdul Farish, in an attempt to have an intercourse with Naveena, had invited Naveena to his room..."

Read the article: Transgender succumbs to injuries

Posted

Wow, that's really sick and sad.

Posted

Did you all notice that anything that had to do with the victim was "alleged," as if her being dead wasn't proof enough that something happened?

I also wonder why she has no last name? I can't help but wonder if that is symbolic of something - like a way of not giving her any respect or something.

Posted

They must use the word 'alleged' to protect themselves against legal suit since it has not been proven in court yet. The last name omission may come from a request by the family, not sure of course.

Why men think that once they are alone with someone sex must occur because why else would they want to be alone with that person? So when sex is denied then that person is nothing but a tease and must be punished through a beating and/or rape and possibly death. The way a girl dresses can also justify the same reaction when denied sex. Where does this idea come from? It baffles me.

Bonnie

Posted

"They must use the word 'alleged' to protect themselves against legal suit since it has not been proven in court yet. The last name omission may come from a request by the family, not sure of course." -Bonnie

You're probably right...and I should have considered that. I guess sometimes these stories of hate and bigotry just begin to get to me...