Change
VISITORS: Your access to view photos and site information is limited as a guest.
Click here to join now

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Dawn13 : (20 October 2014 - 11:45 AM) Bonnie - I cannot message you
Bonnie : (20 October 2014 - 11:43 AM) Hi all you new people! Welcome!  I hope we can help in whatever way you need.
Chloe4230 : (20 October 2014 - 10:06 AM) New to the site. Hi all.
TJDavies : (20 October 2014 - 08:15 AM) I GOT MY NEW BINDERRRR :D
AVPerry : (20 October 2014 - 01:03 AM) I just updated my posted in Trans Books and Print Media..check it out! Stay Blessed x
AmberShock : (19 October 2014 - 03:38 PM) Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, can't wait to explore and make some new friends.
AVPerry : (19 October 2014 - 01:31 PM) I just posted in Trans Books and Print Media..check it out! Stay Blessed x
sarah1 : (19 October 2014 - 12:20 PM) hi
GypsyMen : (19 October 2014 - 12:17 AM) Hello hello.. New here happy to meet you all
AVPerry : (18 October 2014 - 03:49 PM) Add me, I want to reach out to transgender people all round the world
CharityLynnC... : (18 October 2014 - 02:10 PM) *points to her topic in transgender care*
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 08:17 PM) Again Thanks Monica - I have a new FB account and a new e-mail where I can be free.
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 05:41 PM) Thanks - Monica
MonicaPz : (16 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) The safest way to set up two FB accounts is to have two e-mail addresses (one Dawn, the other your male name), two snail mail addresses (Dawn would have a P.O. Box, your male self, street address, etc.  Keep ALL information TOTALLY DIFFERENT between the two FB accounts.
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 07:14 AM) Can anyone direct me to a good set of info on how to set up a second FB account using Dawn as my site name.  Regretfully, I still have to live two lives and do not wish to have FB join the two of them.  Maybe this is impossible.
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 05:59 AM) Please send me mail - plenty of room in my mailbox now!
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 04:44 AM) Now it is my mailbox that is full - Will clear ASAP!
Dawn13 : (15 October 2014 - 06:21 PM) Hello msaleemb
msaleemb : (14 October 2014 - 11:08 PM) Hi
vixxxen : (14 October 2014 - 05:24 PM) Seen you welcome me Dawn13 thank you :smile:

ACLU: Know Your Rights - Transgender People and the Law

transgender rights

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
  • Interests:Travel, horses, scuba diving, computers
The ACLU published a report regarding transgender people and the law. The report was published in November, 2009 so there may be some changes, but this may be a good starting point for information about your rights under the laws of the United States.

Know Your Rights - Transgender People and the Law

TOPICS:

Discrimination in Employment, Housing, Public Places, and Schools

Are there laws that clearly prohibit discrimination against transgender people?

Do laws that prohibit sexual orientation discrimination protect transgender people?

Do laws that prohibit sex discrimination protect transgender people?

Do laws that bar disability discrimination protect transgender people?

Does the U.S. Constitution protect transgender people from discrimination?

Are there laws that specifically protect transgender students from discrimination?

Does the law protect a transgender person’s right to use the restroom consistent with his or her gender identity?

Name Change and Identity Documents

Can a person change his or her name to reflect his or her gender identity?

Can a person get name and gender marker changed on his or her birth certificate?

Does changing the gender marker on the birth certificate legally change one’s sex?

Can a person change his or her name and gender marker with the Social Security Administration?

Is it advisable to change one’s name and gender with the Social Security Administration?

Can a person change name and gender on his/her passport?

Family Matters

If one spouse in a marriage transitions, is the couple still legally married?

Is the marriage of a post-transition transsexual to a person of a different sex legal?

Does transitioning during marriage affect parental rights?

Health Care Coverage

Do any government health care programs cover transition-related surgery or other transition-related medical treatment?

Does private health insurance cover transition-related surgery or other transition-related medical treatment?

What does the law say about insurance companies denying coverage for routine medical treatments because one has undergone procedures for purposes of gender transition?

Criminal Law and Transgender People

Are there laws that prohibit hate crimes against transgender people?

Is cross-dressing against the law?

Transgender Rights in Prison

Are prison officials required to place a transgender inmate in the facility that matches the inmate’s gender identity?

Do transgender prisoners have a right to get hormone therapy?

Transgender Immigrants

May a transgender immigrant be granted asylum in the United States because of anti-transgender harassment in his or her country of origin?

Know Your Rights - Transgender People and the Law
If you want what you've never had, you've got to do what you've never done.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transgender rights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users