Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Bullying and Hate Video

8 posts in this topic

Posted

A 8th grader tells the story of bullying in a very powerful way. While this isn't directly about transgender issues I think you'll agree that we can all relate to the story of bullying and hate in this young man's message.

Don't let the haters win. They are the ones with the problem. You have a million reasons to be here.

1 person likes this

Posted

That was difficult to watch....

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh wow ... :( so heartbreaking ... I've had those words weilded at me as a child, anything ... everything happens in those halls at school, it isn't just a student highway with off-ramps to various classes and mostly ... mostly the teachers don't see a damn thing.

1 person likes this

Posted

That was something...............My prayers will be for Jonah tonight and forever.

I guess thanx Lori for sharing that youtube video with us.

Peace Out

I don't care for mean people very much!! :(

2 people like this

Posted

I cried through the whole thing. How many others feel like he does? Yes, he has a million reasons to be here and so does everyone else. What if he was gay or transgender he would feel even worse. This video would be good to show in every school along with what to do about it, where to go for help, school counselling, Kids Hotline, etc. It is not enough to tell kids to stop bullying or else you will be suspended. Kids must be shown the effect bullying has and the bullied need to know how to get help. Expulsion and special classes are being put through here in Ontario, Canada, regarding bullying. I think more needs to be done and I don't mean as punishment for the bullies. Not only do kids need to learn how the get help but how to help themselves. Life after school can be tough.

Bonnie

2 people like this

Posted

This thread just became a whole lot more transgender related, with this video reply (to Jonah Mowry) from transgender prom queen Andii Viveros

You Are Never Alone

Andii's Youtube Channel

The Trevor Project

1-866-4U-TREVOR

TheTrevorProject.org

2 people like this

Posted

Here is a video by Jonah 4 months later after school started. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt5gvl5s2q4

He admits to being gay and is definitely feeling much better. I read the comments that followed it and some question the validity of the first video. I had wondered about the cutting because I couldn't see any scars but felt it had to do with the immobility of the camera. I do still believe he was emotionally tramatized with thoughts of returning to school. I also wonder where the parents are in this but then they don't have much of a choice in not being able to comment on their son's video.

Bonnie

1 person likes this

Posted

OMG OMG The first video in this thread made me cry. So real and brave and threatend and and and everything. OMG

1 person likes this