Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Idea branched off from Trans-prom 2008

9 posts in this topic

Posted

So, I was going throught the centers site ( an lgbt center on like... west 13th stt in New york) and I found out there was a trans prom in 2008.

I don't think there's been one since has there?

Well, I wanted to start something called Trans-querade in New Jersey... Good idea? bad idea?

It'll be like a masquerade ball almost,

I get symbolic though... The masks symbolize the masks that we wore on the outside of our true selves.

I'd really like to get this together!

Feedback would be great!

I e-mailed Jersey shore pflag and the pride center of new jersey, My GSA friends and adviser said it'd be a bright idea for me to try to get some sponsors and if anyone lives in New Jersey and would like to help out, just Inbox me :)

-feedback please!!! :D

Vick.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey, do it !!!!!!!!!! I help host an organazation Alternative Prom in Richmond Va known as the R. O. S. M. Y Prom. It's an affair open to all Youth 14-21. P-m me for details as it's been VERY sucessful.

2 people like this

Posted

I wish my area had an alternative prom D:

If your trans they're still buttheads here and they make you sign a waiver stating your going to the prom with someone the same sex and you won't complain if you get bullied.

Posted

"Well, I wanted to start something called Trans-querade in New Jersey... Good idea? bad idea?" -Vick

Sounds pretty cool...like it would be a lotta fun.

"...they make you sign a waiver stating your going to the prom with someone the same sex and you won't complain if you get bullied." -Vick

So, uhhhh... are they saying bullying is okay... you just need to be aware that it could happen? And if you get stomped into the ground - oh, well...you were warned. ???? :huh:

Posted

That's pretty much what the schools saying.

Which in a way, is illegal because of the HIB (Harassment, Intimidation and bullying) Laws.

But that's what one of my friends said,

He's trans too and he wanted to take a girl to prom.....

He had to signa waiver and he just ended up not going.

Posted

Great idea, Vick. I'd do it.

1 person likes this

Posted

This makes me feel sick :P Sign this, sign that. WT??? You think schools would get thier act together by now. Sorry Vick P. That youall have to go throught that nonsense :blink: I Wish I could help in your prom, but I'm in California.

I think Ms. Gennee said it the best, "great idea, do it."

PS if I can help in someway on my end of the US, please let me know??

Peace Out ............HAVE FUN!!!!!! LOL

Posted

Good idea Vick. See what Ellen has to offer from her experiences.

Signing a waiver of responsibility is ridiculous. You may as well have a waiver to sign for not being fashionable enough or looking like a geek or whatever any bully can think of for bullying.

Posted

Vick, the "Theme " of last years R. O. S. M. Y prom was "Carnavale " yes , we had an antique Pop corn machine , masks , lots of ribbons and Mardi Gras type stuff. I'm going to suggest you contact Beth Panellas here in Richmond Virginia at Richmond Organnazation ofsexual Youth and disscuss a Prom even up in New Jersey. She can be reached at ROSMY.org

I also have a local phone , but you need to P- M me on it ........... ellen