Right-clik context menu

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I usually create a post in notepad, then when I think I've got it done up as well as I'm capable of... I copy and paste here in the editor. That means I usually just right-clik on the selected material and clik on "copy" from the menu, then I right-clik here and clik on "paste." But since the forum upgrade... there is no "paste" in the context menu. In fact...the menu contains no "editing" choices at all.

It's happening in Firefox 8.0, but not in Firefox 3.5.2. What's even stranger is...the 8.0 is the same version I was using before the forum upgrade.

Any other Firefox users notice the wrong context menu upon right-clikking in the post editor?

-Michael

Posted

Yes, Michael

I use Firefox from time to time and did not notice that at all. thanx for the right click advice.

However, I did notice we don't have a spell check button on the menu bar ........LOL ;)

I know this because,..... I 'm a poor spelling BUG lol :P

Posted

Spell check is integrated. When you see a word underlined the system is suggesting "corrected" spellings. It works for me in IE and Chrome. Not sure about other browsers.

Michael, I do see the cut, copy and paste options when I insert text here, however, you might try copying the text from your editor and then pasting here by clicking and holding the CTRL button and then click V -- usually denoted as [CTRL + V]

Hope that made sense.

Posted

"Michael, I do see the cut, copy and paste options when I insert text here, however, you might try copying the text from your editor and then pasting here by clicking and holding the CTRL button and then click V -- usually denoted as [CTRL + V]" -Lori

Yup...that's what I've been doing since the right-clik context menu doesn't have any editing options.

It's probably just a conflict between something in the new forum and something in the version of Firefox that I use on my laptop. I pretty much figured it was just me since no one else had asked about it - I might be the only [active] member at the moment using this particular version of Firefox

Posted

I use the following shortcuts often. Others may find them convenient too.

Ctrl+x = Cut

Ctrl+c = Copy

Ctrl+v = Paste

Bonnie

1 person likes this