Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

It Happened to Me: I Told My Boyfriend I Was Born a Boy

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Janet Mock, a writer, speaker and trans activist contributed an article to Huffington Post. She tells the story that I can certainly relate to... that of dating when they don't know you're transgender. I've been in that extremely uncomfortable position more times than I care to recall. Anyway, the article is well written and just awesome. ~ Lori

"Being trans, I've grown up with the understanding that most women are born girls, yet some are born boys. And most men are born boys, yet some are born girls. And if you're ready for this, some people are born girls or boys and choose to identify outside our society's binary system, making them genderqueer."

"I have something to tell you," I remember saying."

"How do I say this? I asked myself."

"OK, let me just say it: I was born a boy."

Read the article for Aaron's response: It Happened to Me: I Told My Boyfriend I Was Born a Boy

Posted

That’s quite a lovely story :) A story I hope for all the “genderqueer” (as Janet says) people out there who feel they may never be loved for them, for who they are entirely ... and no one else face this scenario with the outcome of violence!

Beth

1 person likes this

Posted

There's always somebody to love you. The trick is believing it and giving them the opportunity.

1 person likes this

Posted

Be yourself and someone will find you and accept you.

Bonnie