How to cover the beard

12 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hey gang If you have a problems like me ......with the.........BEARD! :P

Please check out this woman's advice it is spot on ......meaning it worked for me! Give it a try please share what your results are.....I like to know. Thanx ^_^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwEKLWQbWLQ

Edited by Lori
See parts 2 and 3 of Daphne Shaed's transgender makeup tutorial below. Thanks for starting this topic Plague. :)
3 people like this

Posted

First, get up with either an Avon or a Mary Kay rep. Thankfully I have access to both . Skincare is essential to a healty face !

Use an estringent to get out excess oils

Use a Good razor - Gilette's Mach 1, or the schick equivelent both work .

Buy a GOOD Moisturizer and use it EVERY DAY !

Now for a beard cover ............ Uh dat depends . How heavy is you're beard , really. i can use Nutragena Liquid foundation with a loose powder .

Lots of gals find using a Really RED lipstick will actually cover the "Purple beard shadow " I learned it in hanging around some drag queens that were into Theatre . Apply the lipstick , smear it in and do a powder finish over that .

3 people like this

Posted

Here is another video by "TinaDeWert" with tips for applying a foundation that will cover beard. While she doesn't demonstrate the techniques, she does recommend some products and techniques that could be useful.

http://youtu.be/OPySlqC0mDk

3 people like this

Posted

Ahhh, a little poking around and I found this video for a makeup for transgender women demonstration.

http://youtu.be/5elP3JTd7hE

2 people like this

Posted

Here are parts 2 and 3 of Daphne Shaed's video tutorial on transgender makeup

Part 2

http://youtu.be/yYi-q7blnGM

Part 3

http://youtu.be/oFCT9xETwxY

2 people like this

Posted

I had read about the lipstick application to cover beard shadow before and have used it. I put a lot of dots all over my beard and moustache areas and then blended it in with the foundation and then added the setting powder. It worked well.

Bonnie

4 people like this

Posted

Have used deep orange or bright red blush on beard area before applying foundation. Seems to work well for me. My beard is not very dark, and getting grey :wacko:

3 people like this

Posted

I had laser hair removal on my face and neck but before I used to run the hot water to a point that was hot enough to just bare and would place a small smooth water glass under the running water to heat it up. Starting at my neck I would roll the glass over my skin just prior to shaving (careful, it is easy to burn oneself so don’t over heat the glass), re-heat the glass then move up to one side (shave) and move on to the other side (shave) and finally the chin and upper lip. The heat from the glass would open the pores and expose more of the hair giving a much closer/smoother shave. Please remember to not over heat the glass, you can burn yourself. It is also important to remember this also makes it easier to nick yourself with the razor.

This routine with a quality moisturizer every morning and night worked amazing for me. I used/use “Olay Regenerist”. I no longer shave but a woman can’t go wrong with a good moisturizing routine :)

Beth

3 people like this

Posted

While on vacation in Asia a few years ago I discovered something by accident. We were staying at a place and there was not any shaving cream to be bought anywhere in the town. For 3 weeks I used hair conditioner to shave with. Later I learned that it is supposedly one of the best things to use to shave. I do notice alot less of skin breakout using it. Amanda

3 people like this

Posted

Hair conditioner is really good.

My routine is, a good facial scrub, hot water (leave the razor in the hot water) rinse facial scrub, apply a shaving gel, and shave as close as you can get. Don't rinse off, but apply a hair conditioner straight on to the face and massage in to the skin. I then brush my teeth and get the water as cold as I can get. Then rinse my face with as cold a water as I can get. Then apply a moisturiser for the day.

Another tip is when you have brushed your teeth, run it over your lips, then apply a lip salve (Nivea do a pearl sheen which is good). This will exfoliate your lips and make them feel softer and more fuller.

I also have had IPL in the past, but didn't finish the series (due to the huge cost at the time). I now have a home IPL system which I do every two weeks. It works best if you shave and then immediately after zap your face :)

In regards to beard coverage, Dermablend is also a good product.

2 people like this

Posted

I take a hot shower  to soften the hair shave twice  to make sure i don't miss any hairs,... i do not use shaving cream  i go old school with the brush and shaving soap which can be found at wall mart for about 2 bucks, shave and clean your face smoother than creams  and  then moisturizer  let it set then a foundation by Flower beauty LF 10 but goin to switch to a 6 or 7  then L'oreal true match blush N5-6 and powder C5 with wet n wild bronzer  etc... but with that after about 15 hrs stubble does start to show if i look close .. this is what works for me 

1 person likes this

Posted

I swear by Dermablend!  It's a little pricey but lasts forever.  Just get a shade darker than your own skin......