Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Transgender immigrant finds new life, protection in D.C

3 posts in this topic

Posted

"Valerie Villalta, now 30, found that new life as a transgender woman, and in the process, won a kind of protection she didn’t even know was possible for people like her: asylum..."

Read the news article (photo): Transgender immigrant finds new life, protection in D.C

Posted

D C is a unique city besides being extremely expensive to live in . I know , I used to back in 1976 in North West. I wasn't all that impressed by all the filth, the lack of parking, the Metro being built, (Most of the streets were boards covering trenches). Still, the city of D C does offer Transgendered individuals a life unique to anything in the surrounding area. Bathrooms are used by all genders as in Virginia, we can not do so unless we have had a FINAL surgury. There are several FANTASTIC support groups in the area, two being MAGIK, and Transgender Education Association .

Posted

I have been in DC twice but that was back in the '80s, long before I knew I was transgender. I do read about what's happening there. I hope to get back there soon. I'm so happy for Valerie. I wish her well.

:)