Change
VISITORS: Your access to view photos and site information is limited as a guest.
Click here to join now

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Gennee : (21 July 2014 - 08:46 AM) Hi Imriya.     :D
imriya : (18 July 2014 - 11:33 PM) hi all
Avalon : (16 July 2014 - 11:47 AM) :)
UsernameOpti... : (14 July 2014 - 09:31 PM) Happy Birthday, Shannon & PorshaMarie
UsernameOpti... : (12 July 2014 - 11:04 PM) Happy Birthday, Dawn13 & Brittany
UsernameOpti... : (12 July 2014 - 08:22 PM) Why does the media continue to mistakenly identify anti-TGBL haters as, "pundits?"  Doesn't calling a blithering bigot a "pundit," qualify as oxymoronic?
UsernameOpti... : (10 July 2014 - 09:16 PM) Happy Birthday, 1LynnK
Gennee : (09 July 2014 - 02:12 PM) Happy Birthday, Annie.
UsernameOpti... : (08 July 2014 - 12:29 PM) Happy Birthday, Annie
TJDavies : (05 July 2014 - 10:23 AM) Thank you ^_^  It's strange not being a teenager.
UsernameOpti... : (05 July 2014 - 08:11 AM) Hope everyone had a fun and safe 4th
UsernameOpti... : (04 July 2014 - 09:19 PM) Happy Birthday, Ty (TJDavies)
Gennee : (02 July 2014 - 06:41 PM) Hi JLynnraske.  :)
Gennee : (02 July 2014 - 06:40 PM) Hi MarshaCD.  :)
MarshaCD : (01 July 2014 - 09:29 PM) Hi all! New member here!
UsernameOpti... : (01 July 2014 - 05:51 PM) Happy Canada Day to all our Canadian members!
jlynngraske : (29 June 2014 - 04:28 PM) hello
TJDavies : (28 June 2014 - 03:12 AM) I wanna go to the parade so bad this weekend.... But I have work from 12-8 lol
Gennee : (27 June 2014 - 09:24 AM) HAPPY PRIDE!    :D
UsernameOpti... : (22 June 2014 - 05:37 PM) Welcome New Members:  knottyou, TSwanda, MichelleM6053, jonny, lonelyguy89, yayabaybee, northeast58, wergel61, klaudia, KaceyR, Valkyries, AmberShock and Jamieneedsu

Can Anyone Really Help?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

PlagueBubonic

PlagueBubonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Long walks, or hiking. Shopping!!! having fun and listening to others. Learning, gardening,cooking.
    working out and being a creature of mischief!!
I'm starting this post, because I'm finding it quite difficult to find a real support group, not a social club.  This is not one of my rants; for two days I have made between 10 and 15 phone calls to different groups.
Only one person has called me back so for, the rest have asked me bazaar questions.
I am just wondering if anybody else has run into this problem?
I'm really need to find a support group in my area, which would be Los Angeles, California to be more specific the San Fernando valley.
I'm getting extremely frustrated with this hunt. I have checked the home page here too the one entitled support.
clck on California and most of the support groups are for FTM not MTF .
I have also, been surfing the net with no luck. So I'm begging please, if anyboby knows where I can get in touch with a real support group in my area, I would deeply appereciate it.
thank you ...........Peace out >^.^<
Manners & Behaviour can take you where money can't, regardless who or what you are!
The Gothic Girl Said................Peace Out .......>^.^<

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts
  • Interests:Travel, horses, scuba diving, computers
Assuming you're in the Southern California area, you might want to check with the Los Angeles Gay & Lesbian Center. They have transgender resources as well.

Here are some of their transgender pages

Transgender Health Care: http://www.lagaycent...der_Health_Care
Transgender Resources: http://www.lagaycent...gender_Services
Transgender Group Meetings: http://www.lagaycent...nsgender_Issues

I hope this helps. I don't have any personal experience in California, but this looks like a good start. They possibly have other referrals that can help as well. Good luck with your search!
If you want what you've never had, you've got to do what you've never done.

PlagueBubonic

PlagueBubonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Long walks, or hiking. Shopping!!! having fun and listening to others. Learning, gardening,cooking.
LOL LOL :lol:  Assuming ??? Ms.Lori Thank You!!!! ;)
Manners & Behaviour can take you where money can't, regardless who or what you are!

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,371 posts
  • Interests:Travel, horses, scuba diving, computers
Haha! I guess I missed the Los Angeles part of your post. It was just a good guess on my part. :lol:
If you want what you've never had, you've got to do what you've never done.

UsernameOptional

UsernameOptional

Forum Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,697 posts
<whipsers to Plague>  She's blonde.  Posted Image
Don't tell anyone...but I used to be blonde.  My hair has darkened over the years, but I was once told if you are born blonde...you will always "be blonde" ... no matter how dark your hair gets.   But that's just between you and me  ;)

Good luck...I hope you can find a support group.
-Michael

Let there be light...and blind the unenlightenable! -DML/2006

PlagueBubonic

PlagueBubonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
You too crack me up!!! thanks I need that! :lol:  LOL ms Lori ...Blonde....me too at times!! :P
Michael??????????????? :lol: too funny...... lmbo!!!=(Laugh My Bun Off)
Plague needs to gain her composure
Yes I will call the phone numbers tomarrow .......promise
PS. maybe we should move this to the funny post thead now????? <_<

tbirdgal

tbirdgal

Advanced Member / Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Interests:writing, photography, history. archecture, service station stuff, decent coffee
One thing I learned real quick when I arrived in East Los Angles back in the summer of 73. Thats is, the BEST of da BEST live an die there. Trying to get anything started there is an undertaking. There's just too much going on and everything demands attention from us the public. I watched it unfold as i would walk up Highland Avenue from Sunset at night. Yep, it was Saturday Night Live in 3- D!!!!!

PlagueBubonic

PlagueBubonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
Ms Tbirdgal SOOOOOOOO true so true This must be the drama capitial of the country!!!LOL :lol: (wait a min) I live here does that make a..................DRAMA .........(dare I say it).....(I dare).......QUEEN!!!! <_<

tbirdgal

tbirdgal

Advanced Member / Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts
  • Interests:writing, photography, history. archecture, service station stuff, decent coffee
No, ................... I don't think so. I was just amazed by all the goings and commings that were so self contained , and in one county ! I swear , Los Angles if it could shake off the dammned E P A could split off from the rest of the WORLD and become self sufficient in a week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users