DMV Employee Fired for Letter to Transgender Woman

8 posts in this topic

Posted

DMV employee resigns over letter condemning customer to hell

"A California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) employee who allegedly wrote a letter to a transgender woman and condemned her to hell has resigned, officials said Thursday."

Read the article online at http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/16/california.transgender.dmv/index.html?hpt=T2

Posted

A trip to DMV is sometimes a bit like hell...

but seriously, the DMV employees I've dealt with were courteous and professional.

I'm so sorry that anyone has to suffer discrimination such as this. Life is tough enough for TG folks. The self-righteous seem to lack a gene that allows them to feel compassion for anyone who doesn't fit into their narrow view of the world.

Posted

Did you get to see the pathetic letter they sent her? And it wasn't the first time they've done this. Major HIPAA/privacy violation. They deserved to be fired.

Posted

resigns??? I have a better idea. SHOOT THE PSYCHO.

Sorry, but we don't need lunatics like that nutcase on this planet.

Bobbie Jo

DMV employee resigns over letter condemning customer to hell

"A California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) employee who allegedly wrote a letter to a transgender woman and condemned her to hell has resigned, officials said Thursday."

Read the article online at http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/16/california.transgender.dmv/index.html?hpt=T2

Posted

BobbieJo, that is an excessive suggestion. He is not the only one who thinks like that and we can't go around shooting everyone who does. We don't want to be shot because of how they think either. If he can't keep his personal views out of his responsibilities of a DMV employee then he will have to do something else. Sensitivity training obviously didn't help but at least it was attempted.

Bonnie

Posted

"The attorney for the transgender woman said the employee should have been fired, instead of being allowed to resign." -from the CNN article

THAT is exactly what i was thinking before i read the article - the resignation should not have been accepted, and then they shoulda fired that bible-thumpin' moron's @$$.

despite the sensativity training this employee allegedly received (you'd think if nothing else, that would have taught him to keep his mouth shut and his intolerance to himself), perhaps this employee felt justified and even backed by the DMV since the article also states that he "...refused to assist another transgender person in 2009 and kept his job." spokesman Mike Marando indicated he felt this was an isolated incident. <_< perhaps Marando wasn't around when this same employee pulled the 2009 stunt.

makes ya wonder who all is lying... and just exactly how does the California DMV feel about TG/TS people.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's truly a shame that this man has to hide behind religon and I assume Christian to vent his hate on another human being. B)

1 person likes this