How to Upload a Profile Photo

18 posts in this topic

Posted

To upload a profile photo:

Click your username at the upper right side of the forums window >> My Profile >> Edit My Profile >> From here you should see a button to upload or change your profile photo.

We love to see photos of our members so please consider adding a photo to your profile, but keep it G rated as we are a public forum accessible to minors.

3 people like this

Posted (edited)

Hi Lori,

I've tried numerous times to upload a photo but it keeps coming back as failing. I don't know if this is because I'm using my phone or what. Unfortunately my phone is my computer. Is there another way to upload a photo?

Thank you

Edited by Lori
Issue resolved 1/4/12
2 people like this

Posted

I am having trouble as well uploading a picture to my profile. I have tried several different resolutions to the same image - help

2 people like this

Posted

Sometimes I have trouble changing the background image on my profile. I've found that if I do the following, it sometimes resolves the problem:

...............1. Delete the current image (if applicable)

...............2. Save the changes

...............3. Upload the desired image

...............4. Save the changes

...............5. Sign out of the forums

...............6. Close your browser

...............7. Re-launch your browser

...............8. Sign back in

...............9. Hopefully, the desired image is in the place you wanted it.

I don't know if this will help in uploading a profile image, but maybe it wouldn't hurt to try.

-Michael

2 people like this

Posted

Hi - trying to upload photo to my profile with absolutely no luck at all. It is uploading here it appears, but not on my profile..... thanks... GreenShade

2 people like this

Posted

I will send you a PM with my email addy. You can send the image to me and I will upload it for you.

-Michael

2 people like this

Posted

We got it resolved for GreenShade. The photo just needed to be resized (smaller). Much better now. :)

2 people like this

Posted

Ahhhhhhhh-HAH!! The ol' "too big" picture. It'll getchya everytime. ;)

2 people like this

Posted

i had tried several times to upload my profile photo unfortunately the 'FAILED' msg keep shown on bottom which is mean that my upload progress not success.hw to resized the image and what is the actual dimension required to fitting it out ?any one can help me ?

2 people like this

Posted

Your profile image should be 200px or larger....however, as some have discovered, some images can be too large.

Once you've chosen an image for your profile pic, it will appear in the Image Editor. You can crop the image in the Image Editor - just click the "Adjust Crop" button located beneath the image. User your mouse to move the "marching ants" to select the area of your image that you wish to use as your profile picture. When finished, clik "OK." If you change your mind about that particular image, clik "Cancel," and start over.

If the image will not upload, it is probably because it is too large. Reduce the image with any image editing software you have on your computer, and then try again.

If you are still having trouble, drop me a PM.

-Michael

2 people like this

Posted

I keep getting this message, when I try to upload a photo.. "1 file was larger than the maximum file size of 100kb, and was skipped "

How can I upload a photo.. ?  It is just a simple photo.. I don't know why this is happening.

The file info.. on my photo says.... 566.3 KB -  I looked for ways to reduce this to under the  100kb limit.. but found no help.. I don't think that my photo editor software does this..

Thanks, Lexi

2 people like this

Posted

Are you trying to upload a photo to use as an avatar?  If that is where you are getting the message, then it means the image cannot exceed that file size.  If it is for your avatar, you could upload it to the member gallery if you like, then I can download it, resize it, and upload it so that you could then use it.

Otherwise, I would really need more info in order to figure out the problem.
-Mike

3 people like this

Posted

Ok... looking for... "member gallery" - - -  The photo in this reply, is the one I am wanting to use in my profile.. I guess that would be the "avatar"...

Lexi pink toes and silver shoes black bra and white panties cropped.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

As you said, Lexi, your photo (above) is larger than 500KB. So you have to load it into a photo editor or some such to reduce the pixel density to less than 100KB.  Yes, you can post it in the Gallery (http://tgguide.com/message/gallery/?_fromLogin=1) but this won't solve your avatar size issue.  If you have a Mac you can use Preview to reduce the size.  Open the photo there, and use the Tool "Adjust Size", and then save it in the new size. If you need help doing this please send me a PM and I'll do it for you.

Emma

2 people like this

Posted

I already tried to reduce it in photo editor.. the new one, will not even do this.. I stripped away attributes, and everything.. It is what it is.. so.. I guess, I just can't upload a photo..

I want it to be of me, G rated of course.. this is not the site for anything other than that.. The weird thing is.. I don't use any fancy or special cameras, or cell phones that would cause the photo to be too large.

So.. again, I will just be without a photo.

Thanks for all responses.

Lexi

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

I just wonder.. How are others able to, and some not?  Also.. why such a stringent setting on the upload criteria? Isn't 100kb a bit small, given today's options and availabilities of most all programs to upload larger size photos?

Lexi%20pink%20toes%20and%20silver%20shoes%20black%20bra%20and%20white%20panties%20cropped__1472746339_47.192.68.244.jpgLexi%20pink%20toes%20and%20silver%20shoeLexi_pink_toes_and_silver_shoes_black_br

Edited by Lexi
playing with settings of the Optimizer tool
1 person likes this

Posted

Ok... I found a .. photo editor that resizes the photo, but I don't know how to use it for here.. it resizes it, and it reduces it's size, but when I bring it in here.. it is the tiniest little box with an "x" in it.. and it says to... "drag and drop handles to resize or adjust photo".. and that does not work .. so now what?

Here is the .jpg editor that I found. it is free, and really easy to use....  >>>     http://jpeg-optimizer.com/

2 people like this

Posted

Ta - daaaaa  ! figured it out, sort of.. just need to adjust all the settings, sizes, % factor, etc...

It is a good optimizer.. I like it.. not real user friendly, but it worked..

My avatar now shows up... Yay !!!!

Here is the optimizer I found online, for free.. I needed to ... number one, "uncheck" the "compress file box"... Two, adjust the "pixel" or width size..

4 people like this