Change
VISITORS: Your access to view photos and site information is limited as a guest.
Click here to join now

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Serenity : (22 November 2014 - 02:16 PM) Hello
MonicaPz : (22 November 2014 - 11:12 AM) Worth a look!  There is several versions and you can make your own.  Also, check out "behind the scenes" . . .
UsernameOpti... : (22 November 2014 - 09:53 AM) :lol:
CharityLynnC... : (22 November 2014 - 09:10 AM) http://www.elfyourse...?mId=61745695.3 look im an elf breakdancing...lol
MonicaPz : (21 November 2014 - 07:05 PM) Think the young man is a really good comic!
TechCherry3g : (21 November 2014 - 11:26 AM) Hello everyone. Hope everyone is having a good day.
ComedianSale... : (21 November 2014 - 01:39 AM) <p>Super shameless plug. Transgender Stand Up Comedian.. Writer and funny fat guy. Anyone bring popcorn?</p>https://www.youtube....h?v=9vN7mtQltgI
ComedianSale... : (21 November 2014 - 01:38 AM) Super shameless plug. Transgender Stand Up Comedian.. Writer and funny fat guy. Anyone bring popcorn?
yorley : (20 November 2014 - 07:25 PM) hi every one how are u all doing
yorley : (20 November 2014 - 07:24 PM) hi ohw are ou all
UsernameOpti... : (20 November 2014 - 06:03 PM) It would be nice if the next TDOR had no new names on it...and that one day, there will be no need for that very somber event.
Serenity : (20 November 2014 - 02:35 PM) Hello people, I came back after for a long disappearence
Tellme : (20 November 2014 - 10:29 AM) Hi new here would like to chat In see what happens
Bonnie : (20 November 2014 - 04:53 AM) Today is Transgender Remembrance Day.  Please give a thought and/or a prayer for those who have died through violence or suicide.
TechCherry3g : (19 November 2014 - 03:51 PM) HI
Sprinkles75 : (18 November 2014 - 11:57 PM) hello all ... :) just wanted to say hi
TechCherry3g : (18 November 2014 - 08:35 PM) Hello
MichelleDT : (18 November 2014 - 12:27 PM) Hello all
Bobbisox : (16 November 2014 - 08:17 PM) I've been transdermal estradiol and anti androgen fo 7 mos
Bobbisox : (16 November 2014 - 08:16 PM) Hi folks  newbie here - Had a question re: my HRT

“Transgender Roller Derby Jammer Skates Her Way To Acceptance”

Transgender Roller Derby

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

MsBeth

MsBeth

Moderator / News Editor

• Moderators
  • 666 posts
  • Interests:Art and literature ... and so, soooo much more!
This particular article is near to myself, I am very interested in joining Woman’s Roller Derby, I have been torn on the issue because I don’t want to lie about my medical history and I hate the “Trans-Advantage” some sports seem to believe in. Once I move (I think I am this spring/summer), I do plan to join if there is a team in the area. ~ Beth

““I was required to sign a code of conduct that stated, ‘transsexual women are allowed to join if it has been at least two years since surgery, per International Olympic Committee rules’,” she writes in a recent article for FiveOnFive, a roller derby magazine.
Whalen, who skates under the name Lenore Gore, was drafted onto the DC Rollergirls team Scare Force One, and in this newfound sport, she found excitement, competition and friendship. She bonded with her teammates during games, after practices and at other squad outings.” - Benjamin R. Freed

Transgender Roller Derby
◦ ʍǝıʌ ʇuǝɹǝɟɟıp ɐ ɯoɹɟ ǝɟıן ʇɐ ʞooן oʇ pǝǝu n sǝɯıʇǝɯos

PlagueBubonic

PlagueBubonic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Interests:Long walks, or hiking. Shopping!!! having fun and listening to others. Learning, gardening,cooking.
    working out and being a creature of mischief!!
You go Ms. Beth join I think you'll be just fine. :D
May we call you HOT WHEELS if you do join? LOL :lol:
Manners & Behaviour can take you where money can't, regardless who or what you are!
The Gothic Girl Said................Peace Out .......>^.^<

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Interests:Travel, horses, scuba diving, computers
I say you should go for it Beth. I'd only mention your past if the subject comes up.

And be sure to post some pics of you wreaking havoc out on the rink!! :)
If you want what you've never had, you've got to do what you've never done.

MsBeth

MsBeth

Moderator / News Editor

• Moderators
  • 666 posts
Thank-you for your show of support :) once I know where we're going I will be joining, and will share!

:) Beth

Bonnie

Bonnie

Senior Moderator

• Moderators
  • 2,184 posts
Good luck, Beth!

Are you considering moving out of the city?

Bonnie

MsBeth

MsBeth

Moderator / News Editor

• Moderators
  • 666 posts

View PostBonnie, on 27 January 2012 - 08:42 AM, said:

Good luck, Beth!

Are you considering moving out of the city?

Bonnie

Not for sure yet, should know by March :) I love it here but change is sometimes good too.

Beth

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Transgender, Roller Derby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users