“Tennessee Bathroom Bill Sponsor: ‘I Would Stomp A Mudhole’ In A Transgender Person”

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Follow up from the post:

“Much has unfolded in the day since the “Bathroom Harassment Act” was first introduced in the Tennessee legislature, a bill that would fine transgender people $50 for using bathrooms and dressing rooms.” - Zack Ford

I Would Stomp A Mudhole’ In A Transgender Person

I erg everyone to read this ~ Beth

Edit by UsernameOptional: Email addy provided by ravynsorrow: rep.richard.floyd@capitol.tn.gov

Posted

He probably also has a white robe and hood hanging in his closet.....

3 people like this

Posted

I guess the gost of former North Carolina Jessie Helmes has moved into the mountians of Tennessee . I'm wondering how much of a thril some of these "Self Ritious and Loathing Legislators " feel when they spew this kind of hatred towards innocent people ? An these same people slap each other on the back in their Sunday services and say praise and halalughia!!!!!! Yeah , what would Jesus say if he were wandering about today ?

3 people like this

Posted

if i saw him id stomp a mudhole in him for being as ugly as he is.

Posted

Pure hate and intolerance for people different then him. So very transphobic ... Hurts to think such a small mind could even be in a position of power!

1 person likes this

Posted

Ya know...it occurred to me this evening, that I've read several articles out of California where people are all jacked up over the laws being passed that benefit GLBT people. Yet, oddly, I've seen no such outbursts from Tennesseans, insensed about the homophobic and transphobic laws being passed, and the straight up bigotry displayed by their politicians.

Leaves one to believe the Tennesseans are perfectly happy that such laws are going on the books.....

1 person likes this

Posted

Oh I have no doubt he is not alone in his small mindedness. I can hardly accept that someone can publicly bash and pose threating remarks on an entire and specific group of people while being in public office aaaaannnd still have a job on Monday! There must be a fair number of likeminded folks out that way :(

Beth

2 people like this

Posted

“Tennessee State Rep Introduces Anti-Trans "Bathroom Bill," Senate Version Quickly Withdrawn”

Tennesse

“This week, Tennessee State Rep. Richard Floyd ® introduced a bill that would punish trans people with a class C misdemeanor for using a bathroom or dressing room outside of one matching the gender on their birth certificate.

However, Sen. Bo Watson ® withdrew the Senate version of the bill on Jan. 12, stating "we have more pressing issues before us," signaling that Floyd's crusade may still fail to find enough support from his own party to move the bill forward -- despite the large Republican majorities in the state House and Senate.” - Daniel Villarreal

Anti-Trans "Bathroom Bill," Senate Version Quickly Withdrawn

Posted

You know , I've mentioned this before , not real publicly, but in North Carolinia , the Bathroom issue has never been addressed . However , here in dear sweet Viginia , yes , "Virginia is For Lovers , uh it's a misdemeanor punishable by 60 days and 500.00 for using the wrong gender bathroom . Funny, two hours north of Richmond , in Dee Cee, it's perfectly O K now !!!!!! Hey, I just report what the local Talaban does ................... !

2 people like this

Posted

Seems to me history is repeating it's self.....First Salem, Massachusetts with the witch hunts. Now Tennessee, with the transfloks hunts.

UNO said," He probably also has a white robe and hood hanging in his closet....." :lol:

I think this O'boy has more than a white sheet, and hood in his closet??? LOL :P

More like a black uniform, and SS insignias on the of it!! ;)

Well all one can do is love them back to life... :huh:. Maybe Mr. Richard Floyed is a little jealous..and needs to come out of his closet, and stop the HATE parad!! ^_^

2 people like this

Posted

Ms. Plague , this "GLARING " example of us being tried , and judged is yet another example of GOVERNMENT RUNAMOK. Das right , Government . Just remember that very carefully as you cast a ballott in the Primaries this year too.

1 person likes this

Posted

Yep! We have to completely reject all hate and transphobic action and speech. If we can't change much of the world we simply have to not vote for any lesser evils and not even watch any Television programming and/or buy products from companies that are known for its ill treatment of transpeople, period! No grey areas ... there's enough of us that we can certainly make a difference. Its a silent voice that does get heard ... It's heard in ratings and in bottom lines and in election votes. Remember, we can make a difference, every bit helps and none of us needs to scream it in the streets. "Just don't accept the hate", turn heal on any who refuse to see its not ok to hate and marginalize us, be it friends, family or buisnesses or our elected officials ... they have to stop or we shall! No more grey!

3 people like this

Posted

Yahoo!! my sisters I'm with you all ;) ....Now we just need to get the rest of the community on board!! :D

Peace Out :)

Posted

Remember , vote early, vote often , an it's O K to write me in for any lected office ................

3 people like this

Posted

tbirdgal for President!

3 people like this

Posted

Lori, I mentioned today that I was running a unofficial "Write - In candicacy " as the Senator from Virginia as I really can not in all fairness support Tim Kaine , former governor , nor George Allen , former republican governor to a couple of the usual Liberals here . They looked at me as though I was a treasonous individual .Hey, I just can not support either one of these guys . Neither one has ever been willing to even listen to us on Virginia's "Lobby Day , up comming next week too !

Posted

I would love to stand along side you as vice president , I throw my name into the what I am sure to be a long list of interested parties.

Hugs

Stephani

Posted

“Ignoring Critics, Floyd Repeats Threat Against Transgender People”

“”I’m not anti-anything. I’m just pro-family. They can say anything they want. If they want to talk about violence, I’ll let them read the emails I’ve gotten. I never said anything about violence. I said what I would do personally if my family was involved, and I meant every single word of it. I’ve had a few phone calls with death threats. It is what it is. Do I regret saying it? No, I don’t regret saying it. Would I do it? Yes I would. Or try. It would just be a bad hair day if somebody approached me.” - Rep. Richard Floyd” – Story by Jeff Woods

Floyd Repeats Threat Against Transgender People

Posted

"I’m not anti-anything. I’m just pro-family. They can say anything they want. If they want to talk about violence, I’ll let them read the emails I’ve gotten. I never said anything about violence. I said what I would do personally if my family was involved, and I meant every single word of it. I’ve had a few phone calls with death threats. It is what it is. Do I regret saying it? No, I don’t regret saying it. Would I do it? Yes I would. Or try. It would just be a bad hair day if somebody approached me." -Rep R Floyd ®, by Jeff Woods, nashvillescene.com

Well...where I come from, to say you will "stomp a mudhole" in someone...means you are going to beat the holy living crappola outta them...leaving them looking no different than the ground you beat them into. 106.gif If that ain't violence...I guess I need to go back to school.

And while I agree the threatening phone calls and emails Floyd has been getting are just as wrong... he deserves every one of them and more.

3 people like this

Posted

LOL!!! .. :lol: Ms.LORI!!! I thought you were La Presidente!! :blink: ....Maybe Ms.Tbirdgal can be VicePrez..LOL :lol: I vote for that..LOL ;)

I think we all need to give Mr. Floyd A little love.....Yep thats right Love!! It will/can conquer All!!!

And if that don't work......The old saying, of give a horse a enough rope.....You all know the rest Peace out

Posted

Hummmmmmm. I think the term " Violence " has a differnt meanin in da Grat Stat of uh Tennessee ".............. Sad.

1 person likes this

Posted

Beth, not only did I comment here about the Gentleman from Tennessee, I posted a short note to him both on face book and to him personaly. Look dear , we have enough hatred and people who want this nation destroyed . I think it's time he steps down and directs his hatred for the enemy who will destroy the United States , it's not us !

1 person likes this

Posted

UPDATES - What is Richard Floyd doing now?

An online petition calling for an apology for Floyd's homo-/transphobic rhetoric, collected only 127 signatures and 22 comments. If Floyd knew about the petition, no doubt he got a good laugh of the lack of solidarity.

Currently, all is quiet - he's in the running for his third term as state representative, and those in-the-know seem to think he'll have no trouble in keeping his seat. It seems, at least for now, who uses what bathroom is not at the top of his list of issues.

Floyd has allegedly acknowledged that the provisions of the "bathroom bill" (which senate sponsor Bo Watson withdrew immediately following Floyd's infamous statement) were so broad, it could have unintended consequences and make it difficult to enforce. But Floyd claims he will bring a revised bill to the table next year.

I found another petition calling for Floyd's resignation. That petition to date has 7,769 signatures of the 10,000 needed. The petition appears to still be active, unlike the one demanding an apology. You can find that petition HERE

Sources: www.knoxnews.com, signon.org, www.atheistnexus.org, www.change.org, www.timesfreepress.com

1 person likes this

Posted

I have a very simple view on people like this. Anything that doesn't fit into their idea of a perfect world should be eliminated. They look at all the "bad" things happening and the fact that they cant change it inspires anger and hate within them. If one is truly at peace with the world he lives in then there is no room in his heart for hatred. Acceptance can only breed love

2 people like this