Change
VISITORS: Your access to view photos and site information is limited as a guest.
Click here to join now

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

Dawn13 : (20 October 2014 - 11:45 AM) Bonnie - I cannot message you
Bonnie : (20 October 2014 - 11:43 AM) Hi all you new people! Welcome!  I hope we can help in whatever way you need.
Chloe4230 : (20 October 2014 - 10:06 AM) New to the site. Hi all.
TJDavies : (20 October 2014 - 08:15 AM) I GOT MY NEW BINDERRRR :D
AVPerry : (20 October 2014 - 01:03 AM) I just updated my posted in Trans Books and Print Media..check it out! Stay Blessed x
AmberShock : (19 October 2014 - 03:38 PM) Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, can't wait to explore and make some new friends.
AVPerry : (19 October 2014 - 01:31 PM) I just posted in Trans Books and Print Media..check it out! Stay Blessed x
sarah1 : (19 October 2014 - 12:20 PM) hi
GypsyMen : (19 October 2014 - 12:17 AM) Hello hello.. New here happy to meet you all
AVPerry : (18 October 2014 - 03:49 PM) Add me, I want to reach out to transgender people all round the world
CharityLynnC... : (18 October 2014 - 02:10 PM) *points to her topic in transgender care*
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 08:17 PM) Again Thanks Monica - I have a new FB account and a new e-mail where I can be free.
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 05:41 PM) Thanks - Monica
MonicaPz : (16 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) The safest way to set up two FB accounts is to have two e-mail addresses (one Dawn, the other your male name), two snail mail addresses (Dawn would have a P.O. Box, your male self, street address, etc.  Keep ALL information TOTALLY DIFFERENT between the two FB accounts.
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 07:14 AM) Can anyone direct me to a good set of info on how to set up a second FB account using Dawn as my site name.  Regretfully, I still have to live two lives and do not wish to have FB join the two of them.  Maybe this is impossible.
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 05:59 AM) Please send me mail - plenty of room in my mailbox now!
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 04:44 AM) Now it is my mailbox that is full - Will clear ASAP!
Dawn13 : (15 October 2014 - 06:21 PM) Hello msaleemb
msaleemb : (14 October 2014 - 11:08 PM) Hi
vixxxen : (14 October 2014 - 05:24 PM) Seen you welcome me Dawn13 thank you :smile:

2011 Transgender Achievements Quick Reference Guide

transgender rights

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
  • Interests:Travel, horses, scuba diving, computers
2011 Transgender Achievements – Quick Reference Guide

FORGE FORWARD was founded in 1994 to provide peer support primarily for the FtM transgender community. Their scope has grown to include everyone in the transgender community including significant others, friends, family and allies. Forge-Forward.org

Forge Forward has compiled a list of 2011 transgender achievements (see excerpts below). You can read the entire article on the Forge Forward web site: 2011 Transgender Achievements Reference Guide

"2011 was full of many advancements for transgender people and loved ones.  The following is a list of just some of the progress achieved in 2011."  

[Download a printable copy here: 2011 Transgender Achievements – References]  

Specific advances:
  • American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists issues opinion directing its members to “assist or refer” transgender patients, and opposing anti-transgender discrimination.
  • All new bills introduced into Congress are appropriately trans-inclusive.
  • Four states and 13 localities outlaw anti-transgender discrimination.
  • Chaz Bono appears on Dancing With the Stars
  • U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton addresses the United Nations on LGBT
  • A federal appeals court rules that Title VII outlaws employment discrimination against transgender people.
  • The first sitting Cabinet Secretary addresses a transgender event.
  • U.S. government begins developing questions to determine how many transgender people are participating in various national surveys.
  • Harmony Santana becomes first openly trans actor to get a major award nomination.
  • The Human Rights Campaign reports that nearly 1/3 of the largest US corporations are covering transgender surgeries.
  • NCTE and GLSEN issue model policies school districts can use to protect transgender and gender non-conforming students.
  • The White House hosts meeting with advocates to discuss what the federal government can do to address anti-transgender violence.
  • Social Security Administration ceases issuing gender “no match” letters to employers.
  • World Professional Association for Transgender Health issues more progressive Standards of Care.
  • NCTE issues fact sheet publicizing Medicare coverage for transgender care.
  • Veterans Administration mandates that all VA facilities treat transgender veterans respectfully.
  • United Nations passes first resolution focused solely on protecting people based on their sexual orientation and gender identity.
  • U.S. Office of Personnel Management issues progressive documents on transgender employees.
  • “Injustice at Every Turn: National Transgender Discrimination Study” published.
  • Passports with correct name and gender made much easier to get.

If you want what you've never had, you've got to do what you've never done.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transgender rights

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users