USA: New HUD Housing Regulations

7 posts in this topic

Posted

"A new federal rule being published this week will greatly increase protections against housing discrimination for the LGBT community... The new rule, which will go into effect 30 days after being published, makes several crucial changes to current housing and housing-related programs..."

Read the news article: New federal rules ensure equal access to HUD housing for LGBT Americans

NOTE: These new regulations will require all religious groups who are involved in federally assisted housing facilities to accept gay and transgender people, and to treat them fairly. This change is brought about primarily by the new definition of the word "family," which will be defined as at least two people living together, regardless of marital status, or actual or perceived sexual orientation or gender identity. Additionally, surviving partners of AIDS victims will also be provided protections from discrimination under the new regulations.

post-1-0-53085300-1328035998_thumb.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

"NOTE: These new regulations will require all religious groups who are involved in federally assisted housing facilities to accept gay and transgender people, and to treat them fairly."

113.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

Yahoo!!! :D finally a little respect!!! ;)

The next time my neighbors mouths off to me or my family, as well as these stupid so called preachers; tell'n me I'm a He/ She devil, or I'm going to hell!!

I'm writing a letter like the article said,"The Obama Administration has previously clarified that people who face any housing discrimination based on gender identity or gender stereotypes can file complaints under the federal Fair Housing Act."

I think that crap kinda qualifies.

Thank you very much for finding this story..Ms. Lori :)

Posted

Plague, I am sure the protection is regarding not renting to someone because they are GLBT and has nothing to do with keeping your neighbours mouths shut. You can send your letter but I don't think you will get a favourable response.

Bonnie

1 person likes this

Posted

Plague, I am sure the protection is regarding not renting to someone because they are GLBT and has nothing to do with keeping your neighbours mouths shut. You can send your letter but I don't think you will get a favourable response.

Bonnie

Completely agree with that statement Bonnie. However if one is verbally harassed continually then they should file a complaint with the management of the rental housing unit.

1 person likes this

Posted

God!! Thank You Ms.Bonnie, and Ms.Janet CD....You both are the best ;) ...I will heed your good advice. :D

Posted

New LGBT housing bias rule in effect

Windy City Times

Washington, DC - Yesterday, new Obama Administration housing regulations went into effect strengthening protections for transgender and LGBT people. The regulations, announced by US Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Secretary Shaun Donovan

1 person likes this