Jehovah's Witnesses View on Transgender People

14 posts in this topic

Posted

I just had to keep looking.....

Posted

Really , uh no never mind , the truth is that many who seek medical therapies do find out that surgical treatment options are not a cure for there lives they are a treatment option for those who would other wise take their lives due to the disconnect between mind and body , the incongruance between ones mind and body does not change one life it is simply a life that deligates a treatment need .

Then notions they brought u , they neglected to show any reply to the questions they posted. no surprise, they have always used what they wanted and discarded the rest so I leave little respect for the Jehova whitness.

STOP now silly before you get head deap in this one. .....

Hugs

Stephani

Posted

I wanted to reply to this vid... I was just so confounded by their bigoted ignorance, I didn't know what to say. Sometimes, these fools (no matter what entity/organization they're associated with) shock my brain cells so bad, I just sit here with my chin draggin' the top of my desk....

2 people like this

Posted

LMAO :lol: UNO..."shock my brain cells so bad, I just sit here with my chin draggin' the top of my desk...."

I didnot mean to do that to you sug...LOL :P Wait till I find that WatchTower mag with what they really think..LOL :lol:

If your chin hit the desk I wonder what will happen after I find that???? :o Sorry for the OUCH to the chin ;)

Posted

:lol: ... yeah, I've seen those Watch Tower publications before. They leave them on your door when you don't answer the door! I learned at a very young age how to identify JW's, and to avoid them - by watching the adults. Hmmmm...strange, that's how we learned to hide our true selves, too - by watching the adults. :P

Sorry...I digress.

If an unkempt character standing on a street corner was spouting the stuff the JW's do, you'd swear he had to be strung out on some illicit, mind-altering drug.

1 person likes this

Posted

I Love to have them Knock on my door that way I can say , well since I am not busy , I would love to know all about how a Transsexual woman like me can help further the awairness of the JW's ... That usually has them stuttering and walking off rather quickly , I have had a couple say well we are trying to reach out to lost souls such as your self and I have to reply oh I am not lost I keep my soul next to my BOB in my Panty Drawer ... Yep you guest it they bail ... LOL

What a stinker I am ...

Stephani

Posted

Ok Ifound the 1976-77 story from the awake article Caution: Please sit down if your going to read this ... So you all don't fall down.

All righty ; I think I'm going to hate doing this??...Story~

*** g76 6/8 pp. 5-8 Looking into the World of the Homosexual ***

Looking into the World of the Homosexual

HOMOSEXUALITY—what does that word bring to your mind? Most persons have a rather limited understanding of the subject. While homosexuals are calling out as never before for consideration and understanding of their point of view, few people are willing to look into their world and find out why homosexuals (or "gays") are the way they are.

Many people may know basically what a homosexual is. But that is about all they know. The first part of the term homosexual is drawn from a Greek word hómoios, meaning "one and the same." A homosexual is thus a person who prefers to have sexual connection with persons of the same sex. Male homosexuals prefer other males. Female homosexuals or lesbians desire sexual activity with other females rather than with men. But there is much more to learn on the subject.

The world of the homosexual must be seen in just that way—as a whole world, a culture or way of life uniquely its own. ‘It is not solely a matter of sexual preference. An outsider, or someone the homosexual calls a "straight," can only partially understand this world. Nevertheless, increasing light has been shed on it in recent years. Particularly in the last five years have homosexuals themselves revealed more about their ways.

Who Are Homosexuals?

First of all, it is wise to get some distinctions clearly in mind. Not all homosexuals are to be confused with transvestites. The latter is a person who may wish he were of the opposite sex and who may even dress and carry on as though he were. Some individuals go so far as to become transsexuals. That is, they actually undergo an operation to have themselves physically changed. Males will receive hormones to enlarge the breasts and soften the skin; their sex organ is surgically removed and an artificial vagina formed, sometimes from sensitive penile or scrotal material. While they are, of course, incapable of bearing a child, a measure of sexual orgasm is possible in intercourse.

Female transsexuals have taken testosterone so that hair grows more abundantly on the face and chest. In some cases the clitoris has been induced to grow larger or an artificial penis has been attached with which they can bring another female partner to sexual climax.

However, most homosexuals are not like this. Some resent being placed in the same category with transvestites and transsexuals, who, in their opinion, are the scum of the homosexual world. The majority of homosexual males will tell a person that they are glad they are males and that they have no desire to be women. Sexually, however, they prefer the company of other men.

Some homosexuals seem to have a preference for certain occupations, such as hairdressing, interior decorating, fashion designing and the performing arts. In the 1967-68 New York Broadway theater season at least 31 percent of 58 Broadway shows were said to be produced by homosexuals; 38 percent had homosexual directors.

But homosexuals are by no means limited to these professions. One homosexual writer admits: "Most homosexuals I’ve known worked in such standard pursuits as business, finance, the legal and medical professions, the ministry, and law enforcement—and several were professional athletes." Interestingly, certain homosexuals actually prefer so-called "he-man" jobs, perhaps so that others will not readily identify them as homosexuals.

How Many in the "Gay’ World?

The desire of many to remain hidden and unknown as homosexuals makes it impossible to ascertain their exact number. New York city is considered to have one of the largest gatherings of them in the United States; the number in that city is variously estimated to be anywhere from 50,000 up to several hundred thousand. The New York City Police Department, when asked about the number of homosexuals in their city, said that they "wouldn’t even hazard a guess." It is claimed that one Texas city of over 800,000 population has a homosexual community of 50,000, though only 600 "known" homosexuals live there.

Why do so many homosexuals keep their identity a secret?

There are many reasons. They fear that they might lose their jobs or families and that strong social pressure would be leveled against them. Such homosexuals are, according to the peculiar language of the homosexual world, "in the closet." They have not publicly declared themselves to be homosexuals. Many manage to hide their secret life even from their marriage partner; these individuals, referred to as "bisexuals," are willing to copulate with persons of either sex.

Over twenty-five years ago, Dr. A. Kinsey found that 25 percent of the American men that he interviewed had had "more than incidental homosexual experience." Today, Dr. Wardell Pomeroy, one of the original researchers on the Kinsey team, insists that the actual percentage of those who are homosexuals has not really increased, but that more persons formerly secret homosexuals are now operating in the open. That they have become more visible in the last five years is hardly open to challenge. But, at the same time, it seems equally hard to believe that, because of this same openness, there has not been a corresponding increase in the actual number of homosexuals. What has contributed to this "openness" and no doubt the increase of homosexuality?

One primary factor appears to be the popular support it is gaining. In the United States and other countries much was done to increase the civil rights of various minorities during the nineteen sixties and early seventies. Not just racial and other ethnic groups were affected, but so were the homosexuals.

The mass media has told about their protest demonstrations and sometimes presented their complaints in a favorable light. The different treatment accorded them in such fields as housing and employment has been publicized. Some have pointed out what appears as inconsistency in view of official toleration for drug addicts, and prostitutes.

At the same time more noted professional men like doctors, writers and lawyers have openly declared themselves to be "gay." This has lent a certain credence to the movement, in the eyes of many persons.

Then, too, there has been much sexual experimentation in recent years, part of a so-called "sexual revolution." Young men and women have done just about everything in their search for "kicks." It should not be too surprising to find that a considerable number have also engaged in homosexual activity. For many persons this has started out with masturbational sex "play," alone at first, and then with a person of the same sex, perhaps in a school dormitory or a gymnasium shower room. After this, one step led to another as they became increasingly involved in the homosexual world.

In time such individuals found themselves locked into, not just certain sexual modes, but an entire homosexual culture. Slowly, more and more of the friends they made were homosexuals. This, in turn, influenced their style of dress and the music to which they listened, and so forth. Yes, finally they found themselves full-fledged members of the "gay" world.

The Widening Homosexual World

That world has so broadened that now when a homosexual comes into any sizable city he can usually find persons with a life-style similar to his. For instance, in many large cities there are scores of exclusively homosexual bars, restaurants and clubs. A homosexual can consult the "gay" world’s travel agencies, resorts and dating services. He can read the "gay" newspapers, some of which have a circulation in the tens of thousands of copies. Or he can read books written by and for homosexuals and even check a dictionary, The Queen’s Vernacular, to find the meaning of terms identified with his way of life.

"Gay" art and fashion shows have appeared. Homosexual business people know that the "gay" world is not poverty-stricken. Not long ago After Dark, an American magazine slanted for a homosexual reading audience, reported that its subscribers had a median income of $18,000. Sixty-three percent were college graduates and over 70 percent owned stocks, bonds or mutual funds shares. Some 40 percent had traveled to Europe in the previous five years. The magazine’s circulation, incidentally, rose from 49,500 to 71,300 in just one recent year.

Additionally, a homosexual, whether openly declared as such or not, is likely to make homosexual contacts in his daily business. The lawyer, doctor and dentist he consults may be homosexual. And, yes, homosexuals even have their own church. The Metropolitan Community Church headed by Troy Perry claims to have one of the largest church attendances in Los Angeles; it now has some fifty branches in cities in the United States, Canada and Great Britain.

Thus it can be seen that the "homosexual world" involves more than merely personal sexual orientation. It is an entire way of life. Every aspect of this world is conditioned to make the homosexual believe that "gay is good."

But is "gay" really good? Do homosexuals themselves believe that? One just being introduced to the homosexual way of life may think so. But it makes sense to ask: Will homosexuality make one’s life more satisfying? Does it hold promise of a secure future? Those are necessary questions. In fairness homosexuals themselves should be given opportunity to state how they would answer them.

What do they say? And what have their experiences revealed?

Posted

I'm not even sure I understand what the author's purpose was in writing that piece...or if there even was a purpose. But some of those definitions were sadly laughable.

1 person likes this

Posted

I just figured how could somebody write a piece on something they obviously have NO understanding on....

I think in a court of law that call that hearsay.

Posted

I got tired of reading it part way through nor do I care what the Jehovah Witnesses think about anything.

Done

Bonnie

2 people like this

Posted

Saddly, many Assembly of God , Southern Babtists and members of a Bible College in Arlington Texas beleive the same stuff...............

Posted

I was deeply involved with a Jehovah's Witness during the months leading to my divorce (we were chatroom friends) and once I was single and on my own. This person was (not sure anymore) an FTM TG.

We were together on and off for four tumultuous years, during the first of which (2000). I made my transition and went through some cosmetic surgery and a legal name change.

It was a complicated situation, for L. was encumbered by many things, including a deep attachment to the religion. I was taken to a couple of services related only by calender to the Catholic Easter mass. Part of this ritual is congregants passing a glass of wine from one person to the next, with no one drinking.

That's just extraneous to my main point.

Our relationship fell apart, again for many reasons. I've always felt regret we got involved at all, yet grateful, as without my friend's support I'd either still be in gender limbo right now or a suicide. There's been no contact for nearly a decade, and never will be, I imagine.

My friend was a burgeoning artist and did much painting while we were together. A while back I found an inactive webpage that had a self-portrait on it of a crying clown, a very disturbing image, as the face under all that pancake is so familiar.

I haven't said "he" or "she" on this post as that was one of the most troubling aspects of our friendship. At first, "he" was very present, but within months disappeared. It didn't matter to me, for I loved THE PERSON, but I feel that his closeting was related to being a Witness and the guilt that resulted.

Maybe I'm the worst judge on this matter, as I am the ultimate non-denomnational heathen.

As an outsider though I've got to say: guilt sucks, no matter what causes it.

Annie

2 people like this

Posted

I remember you telling me about him, Annie. And of course, there were the rare few occasions that I actually chatted with him...but back then, I had no idea that L was a witness. Now that I look back to that time, it makes me wonder if L's being a witness is what drew my little cyberworld "sobrino" to him. (I sure did like being called "tio")

I sorta think being a witness tortured L much more than it did mi sobrino, though, as I believe he has never gone back to living full time in his birth gender. Least ways, that's the way it sounded the last time I heard from him. I sometimes think the Jehovah's Witnesses are less tolerant of TG/TS individuals than are some middle eastern cultures. And despite having very little experience with them, I also get the impression that percentage-wise, there are fewer of them that break away from their religion as compared to those of christian denominations.

NOTE: "Mi sobrino" (my nephew) was briefly a member here. I chose to refer to him in this manner because Annie did not disclose the name of the individual she spoke of. To reveal the name of one could compromise the privacy of the other.

1 person likes this

Posted

David--

Wow, that's really going back!

I knew you'd remember my friend, who was also briefly a member here.

There was no point in revealing his identity here as the guy whose last name I legally adopted has probably long since been sublimated by that religion. On the other hand, maybe after me he was able to re-emerge with someone else. Despite the buckets of tears I cried over this person, there's still gratitude for who I now am publicly, a feat I couldn't have accomplished alone. Thus I only have best wishes to extend.

And now back to current events...

Annie

1 person likes this