Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CD purchases delivered to mailboxs

14 posts in this topic

Posted

I want to get my mail order/Internet purchase sent to a mailbox for me to collect.

I'm a secret CDer and i want to keep it that way. I don't want my partner asking "what's in that parcel you had delivered today?"

I've encountered 2 problems whilst looking into this:

1. Renting a physical mailbox is very expensive, especially when I will be making 10 purchases at the most within a year.

2. Most services redirect items, which defeats my objective. I want to collect.

Any ideas?

Bearing in mind:

I live in uk - Buckinghamshire,

I don't want to spend more than about £50 per year.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello Shewear...welcome to TGG.

Do you have a friend, perhaps one who is also a cross-dresser or knows that you cross-dress? If so, perhaps they would consider allowing your mail order items to be delivered to their address.

There may be other options that I don't know about, so the only other suggestion I would have would be that you order only from those places that will deliver to a post office box.

-Michael

2 people like this

Posted

Yes, a friend was my first thought as I read your post. Use their name and address for shipping.

1 person likes this

Posted

I work for Royal Mail = have you thought about the Royal Mail service called ' Keepsafe ' ?

it doesn't cost much and means that items are kept at your local delivery office for you to collect in person . Bear in mind that you may have to use a different name or ALL your mail will be not delivered.... ( ask about it at yr local office or go online..)

3 people like this

Posted

Thanks Emily.

But "Keepsafe" still delivers to my address, which is what I want to avoid!

X Josie >'.'<

Posted

How about having it delivered to your place of work? I often have purchases sent to mine. I also have a PO box and its costs me $38US a year.

Posted

Over a year later - I finally have the answer, and its fantastic!!!!!

Mybybox.com

Totally anonymous, and I can pick up parcels 1 mile from my home!

Automated Collection points are all over the country, and you can turn up 24hrs a day, a collect descreetly!

You get first 5 collections for £2 and then only £2.50 per parcel after.

I'm in heaven! But already spent about £300 buying all my tranny stuff - catching up on lost time.

Josie

>'.'<

Posted

Nobody purchases cd's anymore. Music is all digital. Jk

Most places will ship discreetly, but if your partner is that wanting to know what you got, maybe it's time to come out. Communication is healthy and while there is always the fear of the unknown at least you aren't keeping secrets from your partner.

1 person likes this

Posted

@Shewear MyByBox looks really great, thanks! I'm assuming you don't have to use your 'real' name either?

1 person likes this

Posted

J3ssica,

Sorry for late reply, you've probably tried mybybox by now?

You don't have to give your real name.

The only problem is that I've become a shopaholic, because its so easy!

Josiekat x

>'.'<

Posted

Britneybrody,

Re. Keeping secrets from partner

Generally I agree with you, better not to keep secrets from partner.

However, My crossdressing is for ME - , my private time! It's the one thing keeps me sane. If my partner or any other non-trans friends knew about it, it would be ruined.

So I weigh that up against the importance of honesty.

Josiekat x

>'.'<

Posted

Yes, it is something very difficult to disclose to your partner who has seen you as the person you present. Crossdressing in itself is not a terrible thing and to be able to come out to your partner would be ideal if they could cope with it. But what if they can't? It is not an easy thing to stop doing because it is part of your being. I had wanted to come out to my wife soon after we were married and watched for possible acceptance through movies and how she felt about those who crossdressed. I thought her mind was open enough so I told her. She got very upset and insisted I throw out anything I had, which I did. It seemed that she was understanding about it as long as it was someone else. I tried not to think about it but it didn't last long and I was soon shopping again. I eventually came out again many years later after our children had grown. My stress levels were huge and I am sure were physically affecting me. I needed to live on my own and therefore separate from my wife. Dressing was not my only issue, my female self liked men, so it is not something we could have worked out. If dressing was all it was then maybe. -- Bonnie

Posted

Bonnie, I really appreciate your hard gained wisdom in this! I relate exactly to what you are saying.

CDing is a compulsion for me, a bit like when I was young and hugely shameful of masturbating, at the same time didn't want to stop. Although I am over that shame, 'mostly' I would not do it, or discuss it with the general public, because its too personal, and more importantly its my refuge from cares of the outside world.

CDing is like having a wonderful, ecstatic dream, it can only be experienced and appreciated alone!

Josie x

Posted

My other issue I was having while still with my wife after I resolved the mail order process and having a credit card that accepted my mail box as a delivery address was where to hide all my clothes. I was soon running out of room in my hiding places. The other thing too was I would plan for a day off to be alone at home, and I didn't get many, and on that day one of my kids decided they weren't feeling well enough to go to school. I could just scream!!!! but had to try and keep my cool. On occasion they could see I was visibly upset so I would just say that since I didn't get many days off I liked being home alone when I did. They still didn't understand it since they felt they weren't interfering with me by staying in their room most of the day. -- Bonnie