4 posts in this topic

Posted

A Maryland-based priest is garnering heat in the blogosphere today after allegedly denying communion to a lesbian parishioner attending her mother's funeral.

Priest Denies Communion To Lesbian Parishioner At Her Mother's Funeral

Opinion -- I don't claim that my gaydar is all that great, or that I even possess it... but the body language, the gestures, and the way in which this priests speaks...sure screams "gay." Could he be? And if so, that could explain why he seemed to go over-board in his misguided beliefs, ruining a funeral.

Posted

Opinion -- I don't claim that my gaydar is all that great, or that I even possess it... but the body language, the gestures, and the way in which this priests speaks...sure screams "gay." Could he be? And if so, that could explain why he seemed to go over-board in his misguided beliefs, ruining a funeral.

That's impossible! The Catholic Church is the final authority on God's word. Just look at their fine record of representing God's will. Don't believe me? Well, here is what Pope Pius IX said (pay special attention to the last sentence).

"Divine revelation is perfect and, therefore, it is not subject to continual and indefinite progress in order to correspond with the progress of human reason.... No man is free to embrace and profess that religion which he believes to be true, guided by the light of reason... The church has the power to define dogmatically the religion of the Catholic Church to be the only true religion...It is necessary even in the present day that the Catholic religion shall be held as the only religion of the state, to the exclusion of all other forms of worship... The civil liberty of every mode of worship, and full power given to all of openly and publically manifesting their opinions and their ideas conduce more easily to corrupt the morals and minds of the people... The Roman Pontiff cannot and ought not to reconcile himself or agree with progress, liberalism and modern civilization."

Posted

<shaking head> I guess to some degree, we should all be glad they don't adhere right down to the letter of that last sentence.

Posted

<shaking head> I guess to some degree, we should all be glad they don't adhere right down to the letter of that last sentence.

Well, they couldn't get much more out of touch with modern society. The funny thing is, when it become financially problematic, they'll find a way to change their stance. It all comes down to money in the end.

1 person likes this