Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The Financial and Psychological Costs of Self-Castration

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Medical Student and Professors Examine the Financial and Psychological Costs ...

Newswise (press release)

... a fourth year medical student at the GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences, co-authored an article in the Journal of Sexual Medicine entitled, “Self-Castration by a Transsexual Woman: Financial and Psychological Costs: A Case Report.

I hesitated before even posting this article. Self-castration would be one of the most dangerous things you could do to yourself. The usual outcome is death. You'd be safer playing Russian Roulette. Please don't ever attempt this desperate procedure and if you feel so inclined, talk about it and find another way to work through your angst. Hopefully research like this will help shed light on the urgency in the need to provide better and more affordable health care for transsexuals. ~ Lori

Posted

The normal outcome wouldn't be death but a trip to the hospital emergency room. On a practical level you're going to reduce the amount of tissue available for your vagina. So if you want any normal kind of sexual life as a woman you're probably best to wait, or have it done by a medical practitioner who can minimise the damage. And you know men, they do like somewhere to put it. As an addition, if you do this before you've stopped growing, you'll probably grow to an enormous height (something to do with male and female growth cycles), which won't help your attempt to portray yourself as that cute female, will it? Believe me this is a big turn-off for normal men (no doubt there's a niche market). I'm 5'10" and I think I'm on the borderline or over where height is concerned. You're 6"2'. 6"3', how many men are going to be interested? I'm not trying to put you off, and I know minimising the effects of testosterone's a big priority if you're young, but self (as opposed to a medically supervised) castration is not the answer . It won't improve the situation, it will make it worse.