Six feet plus blues!

48 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm 6ft 2ins tall (34 ins leg) and size uk 12 feet.

This might be great for modelling - my legs look great in tights & stockings! But in every day life make being femme very difficult.

I love pretty shoes, but can't get them in my size. Unless I wear high heels - great for drag, but extra height I don't need when going out.

Also, a "woman" of my height draws a lot of unwanted attention - its impossible to pass effectively.

I sometimes wish I could get an operation to make my feet smaller and legs shorter, but that would be crazy!

Any of you lovely tall girls out there have a positive experience of being XTall? Any tips for us femininely challenged girls?

Josie x

>^.^<

3 people like this

Posted

Josie , I share yer pain. Look dear , I'm 6'3". I too have a 34 "leg too. Yep, I wear a lot of "Flats " , but only cause I build exibits and doll houses . Now I'm not familliar with the european shoe sizes , here in the U. S. , I wear a size 12 or a 23 Wide depending upon the toe box . I usually buy pants from J C Penny's . Shoes come from two places here , Payless Shoes and Shoe Show. Both sell on line . I have heard good things about a place called Piere Silber In Florida too.

3 people like this

Posted

Hay ya Ms. Josie, don't you fret :) ... I'm 6' tall size 13EE shoe :o in men's size :P ; so I feel your pain sister!! ;)

I well know you would like to blend in, but women like us stand out .........So sweetie, you must learn not look at the lookie Lou's, and do your thing. Girl! don't let them get you down remember eventhough the other, and I are not there with you; we are in spirit!!

You and I are the same Be proud, and STAND ABOVE THE CROWD!!!! :D

Ps Ms.Josie I found that I tend to make a bigger deal out of going out in the public then they do.

Let me find you a song to give you some inspiration ;)

2 people like this

Posted

Hi Tristina,

Thanks for such a lovely, supportive reply as usual. You are sweeeeeet!

Its great to hear about other tall girls, and how they deal with "problem"

I agree us "lofty" ladies will always stand out - on a good day I kind of like it! What's the point of making an effort to look pretty, if no one paid us any attention?

I don't mind wearing flat heels, it's just that the choice seems a bit boring. When I see all the pretty shoes out there, and think "I'd love a pair of those!" I get excited, then I look online and find they only go up to size 8. I feel a bit down on my lanky proportions!

The same thing with dresses - I'm size 16. Which is ok when I specifically look for that size, but if I look for a nice style I've seen - the inevitable disappointment - I'm too big. Boo hoo!

Still, there's more important things in life than shoes & clothes... Isn't there!?

Love Josie x

>'.'<

2 people like this

Posted

Ps. Thanks for the video - the music made me feel "sister - get over yourself!"

Did you edit it yourself?

It reminded me of one of my mottos - "every day, I awake reborn!"

J x

2 people like this

Posted

Ms. Josie You are a very special lady ;) ...You go girl!!! :D I love your picture!! You keep that pretty little head of your up & keep up the hard fight. For you will experance something wounderful; people respond to kindness & love faster that outer beauty. I mean this as a friend YOU LOOK MARVELOUS!!!! Darling!! :lol: you really do!!

I totally agree with your thinking when you wrote this, "What's the point of making an effort to look pretty, if no one paid us any attention?" Now for those bad day's ....and we all get them; here's what I do, you run as fast as your little feet can carry you to your friends & whatever makes you happy, and stay there untill you feel your confidence come back .....Ps I'll try to be here for you... ;)

See Ms.Jx I believe we all need & feed off of each others' strength, because we are all connected to each other; like or not,

Just my opinion. O M G!! I love your motto!!! ^_^ I'm glad you enjoied that music video; that song & group always make me feel a lot better. But that where I recharge my battery....Yep in my music :P My hiding place ;) If you liked that song then you'll love this one...I hope.

Stay strong Sister!! :D

2 people like this

Posted

Josie dear, you need dresses ?????????? Hummmmmmmmm, e-mail Long tall Sally. Oh indeed , their stuff is first rate , although a might pricey, well fo me anyway . Most of their appearel is manufactured in Ontario Canada . Oh yes , the quality is there ! hey, it's no el cheapo Chineese Wal Worl Krap ! Hon, when they had stores in the Washington D C area , I used to go there and just oggle the slacks alone ! FINIALLY , PANTS that fit and fit like they should !

1 person likes this

Posted

Feel your pain bout the shoes and I am a GG. If there were tons of shoes my size 11 or 12 I would prob have a ROOM for shoes.My dad used to shame me yelling ( at the shoe store) if YOUR FEET GET ANY BIGGER YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO WEAR THE BLOODY BOX THEY COME IN.

I now have a good sense of self and embrace me. But I am tall with big ole feet ( big blonde amazon woman- was how I used to feel)

Be proud of being you....bet your long legs are beautiful.

1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you Diamond Girl. Good to know there are sisters out there who understand. Although sad that we miss out on some of those lovely Gorky things.

I wonder if there are enough of us amazon girls to have our own clothing brand to fit our lengthy proportions. That would be great!

Love Josie >'.'<

1 person likes this

Posted

SorryThat should have be "girly" not "Gorky"

Don't you just hate predictive text!

:-(

1 person likes this

Posted

Shewear, we have stores here in the states that are primarily for large women. I'm not familliar with the European size conversions . Maybe someone else here is . Point is , if I could get you're American size , I could then direct you to stores here that would sell to you in the U K .

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks Tbirdgal

It's worth a try - although trying them on might be an issue!

My uk measurements are 6ft 2ins tall, 34inside leg, 32in waist, 38in chest, 36in hips, 16in collar, 38c bust (with preferred inserts) uk12 wide shoe size. Uk Dress size 16 (top) 14 (bottom)

I'll try to get USA equivalents and get back to you.

Maybe this would be a good resource for TG Guide website?

Love Josie >'.'<

1 person likes this

Posted

Sounds like we're bout the same size . I wish I had know earlier as I simply gave away some stuff to one of my Ex's friends . I know I couldda mailed a couple of pieces accross the water without any problem as I have done so previously . Meanwhile

Try these sites here :

http://www.pierresilber.com/

http://www.shoeshow.com/

http://www.payless.com/store/?cid=ps_bing_Styles+l+Branded_payless%20boots

I'll get back with some dress places later .....................

Meanwhile , the Ex makes Native American beaded ear rings , bracelets , pendants too. I jus need to get up with Lori and find out where I can put pictures of her stuff.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hi Tbirdgal,

Can't believe how kind you are! I feel genuinely moved that you would think of sending me something across the ocean. I feel a bit choked up at your kindness. I will check out the sites you mentioned.

USA seems a lot better at catering for us oversized ladies, I'd love to come shopping one day - but won't be near.future sadly.

Love Josie >'.'<

1 person likes this

Posted

Shewear, it was the Trans-forum that was started by a lady in the U K that got me started . Look hon , I found friends most whom I shall never ever get to meet due mostly in part to my being disabled myself . The issue of being transgendered is worldwide , not just something that is a deep dark secret here in the states . Before I was aware of this forum, I had my own , now a kind of dead forum . I swore to some medical personel bout this time last year that if I recovered and got the ticket to go home from a Nursing Home , I would "Give back ". Well, I'm giving back .....................

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey Josie. I HAVE Size 13 feet. I can't wear cheap shoes because I have wide foot. Dresses, conservative suits and blouses look great on tall women. Keep away from stripes. Below ar a couple of websites that may be of help. Www.transgendershopping.com. Www.designershoes.com

1 person likes this

Posted

Very sorry to hear you've hard some hard times, but glad you got out of nursing home. I appreciate you spending time to offer your advice and experience.

Big kiss X

Josie >'.'<

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry that last post was to TBirdgal

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks Genee!

Wow - size 13 shoes, do you manage to get designs you like?

I like to wear 3 inch heels, especially strappy ones. They make me feel very girlie.

I will check out those 2 sites you mentioned

Love Josie >'.'<

1 person likes this

Posted

Damn, I've just worked out I am actually USA shoe size 14!

I'm seriously considering the ancient Chinese/Japanese art of foot binding! Only joking!

The search goes on.

J.x

1 person likes this

Posted

I have been fortunate in both areas. I've lost over 30 pounds so I can buy some pretty clothes now. I will pay more for shoes because it something I don't purchase all that often.

:D

1 person likes this

Posted

O K , Piree Silber has a lot of stuff in a U S 14. Oh, geenie an I are members of another forum, she ALWAYS is very careful when she advises people too! I really have enjoyed her comments and one day , I'm going up to New York and find her for a lunch.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey , I Love the Comeradery , see and so many T's say we are a bunch of .... Never mind , LOL

Ok I would say Try this ... gives a good idea to how to adjust sizes from Euro to US .. Remember though manufactures vary in sizing with there style so some adujstment may be required ..

http://womenssizechart.com/index.htm

2 people like this

Posted

Hi Stephani,

Thanks for the size chart. Get the point about manufacturers varying sizes.

Wish I had the guts to shop in person, then I could try stuff on - get the right sizes before I buy!

It must be wonderful going shopping en-femme, but being 6ft 2ins tall (without heels!) I would feel a little too self conscious!

Never mind, I'll save that for my dreams :-)

Love Josie >'.'<

1 person likes this

Posted

Josie , most major metropolitan cities here , New York , Los Angles , Atlanta , Orlando, Dallas , heck even D C are places where the average transperson can shop even "baddly" attired . I know this for a fact . save the Shillings an Pounds an do a summer vacation sometime here in the states . If you decide to come anywhere close to Washington D C , P- M me an I'll come up as I'm south of the city and meet ya an show ya where to find the best deals . I like Potomac Mills Outlet center in Stafford Virginia . Oh WEAR FLATS TO THAT PLACE !!!!!!!!

1 person likes this