Change
VISITORS: Your access to view photos and site information is limited as a guest.
Click here to join now

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

UsernameOpti... : (21 October 2014 - 12:11 PM) Happy Birthday to Daneela
Bonnie : (21 October 2014 - 11:25 AM) Should be good now, Dawn
Dawn13 : (20 October 2014 - 11:45 AM) Bonnie - I cannot message you
Bonnie : (20 October 2014 - 11:43 AM) Hi all you new people! Welcome!  I hope we can help in whatever way you need.
Chloe4230 : (20 October 2014 - 10:06 AM) New to the site. Hi all.
TJDavies : (20 October 2014 - 08:15 AM) I GOT MY NEW BINDERRRR :D
AVPerry : (20 October 2014 - 01:03 AM) I just updated my posted in Trans Books and Print Media..check it out! Stay Blessed x
AmberShock : (19 October 2014 - 03:38 PM) Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum, can't wait to explore and make some new friends.
AVPerry : (19 October 2014 - 01:31 PM) I just posted in Trans Books and Print Media..check it out! Stay Blessed x
sarah1 : (19 October 2014 - 12:20 PM) hi
GypsyMen : (19 October 2014 - 12:17 AM) Hello hello.. New here happy to meet you all
AVPerry : (18 October 2014 - 03:49 PM) Add me, I want to reach out to transgender people all round the world
CharityLynnC... : (18 October 2014 - 02:10 PM) *points to her topic in transgender care*
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 08:17 PM) Again Thanks Monica - I have a new FB account and a new e-mail where I can be free.
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 05:41 PM) Thanks - Monica
MonicaPz : (16 October 2014 - 04:03 PM) The safest way to set up two FB accounts is to have two e-mail addresses (one Dawn, the other your male name), two snail mail addresses (Dawn would have a P.O. Box, your male self, street address, etc.  Keep ALL information TOTALLY DIFFERENT between the two FB accounts.
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 07:14 AM) Can anyone direct me to a good set of info on how to set up a second FB account using Dawn as my site name.  Regretfully, I still have to live two lives and do not wish to have FB join the two of them.  Maybe this is impossible.
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 05:59 AM) Please send me mail - plenty of room in my mailbox now!
Dawn13 : (16 October 2014 - 04:44 AM) Now it is my mailbox that is full - Will clear ASAP!
Dawn13 : (15 October 2014 - 06:21 PM) Hello msaleemb

Jenna Talackova: Miss Universe Canada Contestant

transgender news canada

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
  • Interests:Travel, horses, scuba diving, computers
Jenna Talackova: Miss Universe Canada accepts transsexual contestant, unless it doesn't
Zap2it.com (blog)
By Brill Bundy (photos): Last week, blogs devoted to the doings of the beauty pageant circuit were reporting that 23-year-old Jenna Talackova had made it to the finals as a contestant in the 2012 Miss Universe Canada pageant to be held this May...

If you want what you've never had, you've got to do what you've never done.

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
Transsexual Candidate at Miss Universe Canada
Miss Universe Canada has officially accepted Jenna Talackova, a transsexual, as a contestant in the upcoming finals in May 19. Jenna has already represented...

Another story

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
Transgendered Miss Universe Canada finalist disqualified
Vancouver Sun
A transgendered Miss Universe Canada finalist, Jenna Talackova, of Vancouver, has been disqualified from the competition from the contest's website. Vancouver Observer blogger Bianca Pencz blogs that Talackova's profile was visible on the official...

UsernameOptional

UsernameOptional

Forum Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts
"On Friday, the pageant organization broke its silence regarding the issue stating, "She did not meet the requirements to compete despite having stated otherwise on her entry form."" -vancouversun.com

So uh...like, what was the problem?  She didn't lie and say she was a man?

Let there be light...and blind the unenlightenable! -DML/2006

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
Transgender group slams pageant for turfing contestant
Toronto Sun
By Errol Nazareth ,QMI Agency TORONTO - A prominent transgender advocacy group has slammed the Miss Universe Canada pageant for its decision to expel a competitor after discovering she was born a male. In a terse statement posted on its site Friday...

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

UsernameOptional

UsernameOptional

Forum Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts
"Boy Beauty Queen?"

Really?  

REALLY??  Posted Image

Guest_ravynsorrow_*

Guest_ravynsorrow_*
  • Guests
http://shine.yahoo.c...-192000420.html

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts

Showbiz News Tonight Interview: 2008 Miss Universe Dayana Mendoza discusses the controversy around the transgender model in the Miss Universe Canada pageant.

UsernameOptional

UsernameOptional

Forum Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts
"...all contestants must be naturally born females."

Let us break this down.  In watching various shows (usually medical in nature) on TV, one often hears a woman indicate that she wants to experience "natural childbirth," as opposed to under-going a cesarean.  

A natural birth.  So if a child is delivered via the birth canal...that child was naturally born - as was intended by Mother Nature's great plan.  That is, as opposed to being so by way of a cesarean - a man-made institution.  So, if Ms. Talackova was naturally born (as oppsed to being so by way of a cesarean), and she identifies as a woman, and any identifying documents under her name indicate she is female...   then, is she not a naturally born female?

Okay, that was loaded with sarcasm...but wouldn't it be funnier than hell if her legal representation came up with the same idea??  :lol:  It would be interesting to be a fly on the wall to see the pageant officials scrambling to change the language in the pageant rules.  

Or, maybe they would graciously concede and do the right thing...

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
There is a petition on Change.org asking Miss Universe Canada to reverse the disqualification of Jenna Talackova. It presently has over 32,000 signatures!

View or Sign the Petition: Miss Universe Canada, Donald Trump: Reverse the Unfair Disqualification of Jenna Talackova!

If the link doesn't work try this: http://www.change.or...jenna-talackova

UsernameOptional

UsernameOptional

Forum Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,776 posts
Donald Trump's name has been brought up in a few of these articles concerning the changing of the pageant rules to allow [trans]women.  His name was brought up in the HLN clip in Lori's post above (post #9).   I wondered why the news anchor tried to question his guest on what Trump might consider instead of HLN tracking down Trump and asking him.  I was also beginning to wonder why Trump has kept quiet about this (to the best of my knowledge).

Today, while searching for something else, I accidentally ran across this line in a huffingtonpost.com article, "...Takei -- who recently announced plans to meet with Donald Trump, an outspoken opponent of marriage equality, to discuss gay marriage -- compared the struggle for marriage equality to that of women's suffrage..."

Considering this, it seems to me that it's highly unlikely that Trump will entertain or support any change in pageant rules that would allow [trans]women to compete.  Most people who are against same-sex marriage also believe that homosexuality is a sin and/or believe that it is a lifestyle choice.  I think it's safe to say that people who harbour such beliefs, also have no tolerance or compassion for transsexuals.

What do you all think??

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
Disqualified Transgender Beauty Queen To 'Take Legal Action
By Debbie Emery - Radar Reporter The transgender beauty queen who was disqualified from the Miss Universe Canada Pageant is to sue the competition because of her unfair dismissal, RadarOnline.com is exclusively reporting...

Good for her! ~ Lori

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
Jenna Talackova, Transgender Miss Universe Canada Finalist, Defended By Bill O'Reilly
Huffington Post
A transgender beauty queen who made international headlines after being disqualified from the Miss Universe Canada pageant has found an unlikely supporter. As Think Progress is reporting, conservative commentator Bill O'Reilly spoke out in defense of...

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,416 posts
Trump Won't Bar Transsexual Beauty Queen From Shot at Miss Universe Canada Title
In an apparent reversal, Trump says beauty queen Jenna Talackova will be allowed to compete in the Miss Universe Canada competition.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transgender news, canada

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users