Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Madonna vows public denouncement

3 posts in this topic

Posted

"“If Madonna or one of the organizers of the concert breaks the city law, they will be punished,” warned Saint Petersburg assembly member Vitaly Milonov, who authored the law. Milonov promised to attend Madonna’s concert so as “to control its moral content.”" -thinkprogress.org

Saint Petersburg Official: Madonna Will Be Punished If She Violates Anti-Gay Law

Posted

"It was reported earlier this month that Russian Orthodox Church officals were so pleased with the new law, that they are seeking ways to implement the ban nationwide."

Nice huh? I guess they have forgotten what it was like when they were persecuted in Russia for their religious beliefs. ~ Lori

Posted

"It was reported earlier this month that Russian Orthodox Church officals were so pleased with the new law, that they are seeking ways to implement the ban nationwide."

Nice huh? I guess they have forgotten what it was like when they were persecuted in Russia for their religious beliefs. ~ Lori

Yeah...I noticed that too. We've had other discussions here at TGG about groups who were once discriminated against, now discriminate against others. It's like a never ending cycle. Reminds me of a 'Star Trek' episode in which humans were turning against aliens. Sometimes I wonder if hatred and bigotry are the default characteristics of man...<shaking head>

1 person likes this