Getting clean: Transgender Treatment for Addictions

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Getting clean

Philadelphia Inquirer

A one-of-a-kind treatment center where transgender people can free themselves of addictions is about to open in Philadelphia. By Don Sapatkin (left) and Zerandrian Morris in a lounge at the eight-bed Morris Home, in the Southwest section of the city...

Posted

A wonderful story. Have they opened up?

:)

Posted

A very good question Gennee, so I did some research and found this article:

More on the Morris Home, Country's First Holistic Trans Treatment Program

"Named for Nizah Morris, a transgendered woman murdered at 16th and Market streets in Dec. 2002, The Morris Home for Trans and Gender-Variant People will open its doors in mere weeks. Run by the Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual Disability Services and funded by the city, the treatment center will be the first in the country to offer comprehensive physical and behavioral health services specifically for the transgender community..."

Anyone interested can get more information from the Department of Behavioral Health and Intellectual Disability Services

1 person likes this

Posted

There needs to be a center for us in every city . This might just lower the 41 % suicide rate Michiael was reporting on .

3 people like this

Posted

There needs to be a center for us in every city . This might just lower the 41 % suicide rate Michiael was reporting on .

I agree with that.

1 person likes this

Posted

I agree with that.

And so do I....