Change
VISITORS: Your access to view photos and site information is limited as a guest.
Click here to join now

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

MonicaPz : (21 November 2014 - 07:05 PM) Think the young man is a really good comic!
TechCherry3g : (21 November 2014 - 11:26 AM) Hello everyone. Hope everyone is having a good day.
ComedianSale... : (21 November 2014 - 01:39 AM) <p>Super shameless plug. Transgender Stand Up Comedian.. Writer and funny fat guy. Anyone bring popcorn?</p>https://www.youtube....h?v=9vN7mtQltgI
ComedianSale... : (21 November 2014 - 01:38 AM) Super shameless plug. Transgender Stand Up Comedian.. Writer and funny fat guy. Anyone bring popcorn?
yorley : (20 November 2014 - 07:25 PM) hi every one how are u all doing
yorley : (20 November 2014 - 07:24 PM) hi ohw are ou all
UsernameOpti... : (20 November 2014 - 06:03 PM) It would be nice if the next TDOR had no new names on it...and that one day, there will be no need for that very somber event.
Serenity : (20 November 2014 - 02:35 PM) Hello people, I came back after for a long disappearence
Tellme : (20 November 2014 - 10:29 AM) Hi new here would like to chat In see what happens
Bonnie : (20 November 2014 - 04:53 AM) Today is Transgender Remembrance Day.  Please give a thought and/or a prayer for those who have died through violence or suicide.
TechCherry3g : (19 November 2014 - 03:51 PM) HI
Sprinkles75 : (18 November 2014 - 11:57 PM) hello all ... :) just wanted to say hi
TechCherry3g : (18 November 2014 - 08:35 PM) Hello
MichelleDT : (18 November 2014 - 12:27 PM) Hello all
Bobbisox : (16 November 2014 - 08:17 PM) I've been transdermal estradiol and anti androgen fo 7 mos
Bobbisox : (16 November 2014 - 08:16 PM) Hi folks  newbie here - Had a question re: my HRT
PamalaFlinn : (16 November 2014 - 08:09 PM) Being true to one's own identification and how one carries themselves , signifies self respect . You will be envied for your poise.
Bobbisox : (16 November 2014 - 08:03 PM) Hello all ^_^
MiraRose : (16 November 2014 - 01:54 AM) :rolleyes: Hello all:-)
LoreleiNi : (15 November 2014 - 10:53 AM) Just joined and put my photos up. Not at all like some grey haired granny one might expect at age 67. Yes, no typo.  No one will even accept I could be S

Transgender Beauty Queen Jenna Talackova: Interview with Barbara Walters

transgender people

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
  • Interests:Travel, horses, scuba diving, computers
Transgender Beauty Queen: 'I Always Knew … I Was in the Wrong Body'
ABC News (blog)
Photo: Heidi Gutman/ABC Jenna Talackova, the transgender woman who was temporarily disqualified from a Canadian beauty pageant, said that even as a child she knew she was “in the wrong body.” “As soon as I was conscious, I just always knew that I was...

If you want what you've never had, you've got to do what you've never done.

tbirdgal

tbirdgal

Advanced Member / Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,091 posts
  • Interests:writing, photography, history. archecture, service station stuff, decent coffee
Lori, thank you for sharing this . I book marked it and yes , I will print out what I can of it as i want to share this with our LGBTQ group at my church. People there need to see somebody besides me as I'm so far the only Transperson .

UsernameOptional

UsernameOptional

Forum Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
After learning that Jenna would be on ABC's 20/20 (6 Apr), I set the VCR to tape it.  This morning, I rewound the tape and sat down to watch it.  The show opened with clips and highlights of the topic to come, during which there was a snippet with Donald Trump saying, "'genital'...those are the first letters of her name." :huh:

What did he say?  :blink: What did he *#@!^%  SAY??!! :o

I couldn't believe my ears.  For those of you who didn't see the show, or haven't read anything on last nite's show, here's how it went down -

During the segment about Jenna Talackova, an interview with Donald Trump was shown.  In that interview, he said, "I looked at her name, and somebody brought this up to me, 'JENNATAL'.  Those are the first letters of her name, and it's 'genital.' (He holds up a piece of paper with 'JENNATAL' spelled out in block letters)  And I'm saying to myself, 'hmmm, that's strange.  Could there be an alterior motive?'"

Is he serious?!  Is he REALLY that damn ignorant?  

I've never been a Trump fan.  I don't watch that show "The Apprentice."  But I never realized he is the horse's butt that I've always thought he was.

Let there be light...and blind the unenlightenable! -DML/2006

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
Donald Trump comes off as brash and arrogant, and lots of people tolerate him because he's filthy rich. But, money doesn't excuse poor behavior and bad manners. What he said is inexcusable. Here's what Gloria Allred, Jenna's high profile attorney, has to say about the matter...  ~ Lori

Gloria Allred to Donald Trump over transgender beauty queen: 'Stop being focused on genitals"
New York Daily News
The celeb lawyer railed against Trump's latest comments surrounding a transgenderbeauty queen on ABC News' 20/20 on Friday, arguing the billionaire real estate mogul should "stop being focused on genitals." Allred is representing Jenna Talackova-who...

UsernameOptional

UsernameOptional

Forum Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
The full segment of 20/20...

Let there be light...and blind the unenlightenable! -DML/2006

Lori

Lori

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,433 posts
Transgender Beauty Queen On Bullying Past
TheInsider.com
People would be near my locker just staring at me. You know, just the name calling, everything." In high school Jenna came to realize that she was not gay, but born in the wrong body, and at 19 she made the huge decision to have transgender surgery...

Daneela

Daneela

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 661 posts
  • Interests:Needlecraft, baking, computing, F&SF
Keep in mind that a few years ago, the Donald tangled with Rosie O'Donnell. If I recall correctly, he called her fat and a loser. Naturally, she took umbrage and used her on-air position as moderator of "The View" on ABC to exchange fire. The battle went on for many weeks and is probably why she left the show.

Take note, too, that it was pointed out to him. Perhaps he's not clever enough to have thought of it himself.

Yep, fully agree, DT is a boor.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transgender people

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users